Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Funk

Moisturizer's

Hey I just started using a moisturizer not to long ago. I never wanted to use one partly because I always felt like they make my skin shinny and I hate how my makeup goes on over them and looks.

Whats the best moisturizer that wont leave your skin looking shiny and your makeup blotchy and feeling heavy? (I hate that feel!)

Right now Im using Oil of Olay spf 15 and its ok I just prefer my makeup look when I dont use a moisturizer...???

Recommendations?

Why not just use moisturizer at night? Then you won't have to worry about that nasty feeling after putting on makeup. I think that if you have really oily skin, you can probably get away with only doing it once a day.

I'm on my 5th and last month of Accutane and I have religiously used Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion. It has an SPF of 30 and has never made my skin oily. I absolutely swear by it.

*Going to go check what my brand is*

I use ponds, its a big fat sorta upside down contaner that will last you forever. It says apply generously at night to face and neck, and lightly under make-up during the day.

I know I used to have a wonderful brand that has a shine-free and other options, that leave your skin feeling great and the one I bought had added acne stuff in it, so you can fight acne all day.

My advice, get a nice mosterizer for night time (like ponds) and apply it enough that it moisterizes your skin, but Im wiht you on the slimy feeling, to avoid that just use less untill your skin is moisturized and there is no longer gross extra moisture on your skin.

For day time look around for a nice brand with a shine-control moisturizer, I know its out there, I almost bought it lol.

Tina

Whats the best moisturizer that wont leave your skin looking shiny and your makeup blotchy and feeling heavy? (I hate that feel!)

Right now Im using Oil of Olay spf 15

Recommendations?

Guest june

have you tried oil as a moisturizer? i have tried many moisturizer's in the past(everything from drug store brands to creme de la mer)...here's a link to the oil i use. it's been the best for my skin.

normalising day oil

I use Nucelle's Shine Control Moisturizer if I don't need an spf, and Proactiv's Oilfree Moisture spf 15 when I do. Both products do well under makeup, the Nucelle leaves your skin like satin, perfect base for makeup.I get the Nucelle at skincarerx.com and the Proactiv at Proactivsolution.com.

I absolutely love Living Nature's Manuka honey & oil gel - for acne prone areas; and their hydrating revitalizing toner for the non-acne areas - never break me out and leave me super balanced and toned.

Smell like ass though

I'm on accutane and using Oil of Olay made me break out with a few small pimples and a huge cyst on my jaw. The next day I switched to Neutragena (spelling?) Sensitive Skin and haven't had a problem yet. Takes care of all the problems you have too.

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - I will never stop using this stuff, it's delicious for your face. Soothing, absorbs fast, makes your face supple, and make-up goes on super smooth. It's like a big drink of water for your face.

For day I use Shiseido's Pureness Moisturizing Gel-Cream. This is light enough under my makeup for day. At night I use 100% pure jojoba oil, works wonders. I highly second June's recommendation for an oil, really pampers the skin. BTW natural oils such as jojoba have never broken me out...and I am HIGHLY sensitive.

You can also check out tons of skincare product reviews over at Makeup Alley.

Also take a peek at Sage's Acne Detective List if you have a question about a product's ingredients.

Good Luck! biggrin.gif

I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, like behindyoureyes, for dry spots on my skin before I put makeup on, but I find it's a bit greasy, although it does go on smoothly and doesn't feel yucky when I put makeup on. I can't put it on my forehead, just because it really seems to look shiny and greasy there, but I can dab it just about anywhere else. I don't use moisturizer religously, so I'm not too concerned about if it's perfect right now, as long as it doesn't break me out.

Wow.

June, I was just reading about that oil you reccomend...it looks like a pretty good product and I am interested in purchasing it.

Do you have the full name of the product, that site seems to be a Euro site...Im over in America I would like to perform a search on google.

Guest june

the uk link is more imformative...which is why i posted it. smile.gif

whole foods market

sephora

nordstroms

check your local organic markets as well.

and of course the link misty posted biggrin.gif

(hello misty!)

try to find a sample if you can.

Thanks Girle and June.

I just called Sephora and they have the oil.

Im gonna go in there today for a sample.

Thanks for all the tips ladies!

June, I got the oil sample and I do not think this products for me. It seemed to make me feel greasy. Other than that feeling it is a good moisturizer!

How much do you use?

I finally ended up getting the Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion spf 30. So far it hasnt really made my face that oily. I wouldnt mind a more mate look and Im not too sure I need this much spf?

Its doing a nice job tho it works pretty well with the studio fix.

what I do is...

when I was my face, I dry it with a towel right...

I have my moisturizer (Clean and Clear) next to a sink

so...afterI dry my face with a towel, it still has a little bit moisture on it right?

Right then I put moisturizer on and bye bye irritation, shiny effects, or any stuff that moisturizers do!