Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, so I was sitting around thinking why neutrogina made so many dumb products, each helping your skin in a different way but only one. Then I sat for a bit more and realized the obvious, they get more $$ that way. So that led me to another question, what if I were to mix different face wash products? I would get all the benefits of my favorite brands and could apply it as if it were one wash. So me, happy with my brilliance, went along and tried it. First I put a little physiderm face wash in a dixie cup (I love that wash, it really does help control my acne, but its really bubbly and it gets in my eyes and mouth and burns...) along with neutrogina deep clean cream cleanser (awesome face wash, leaves me feeling great, and prevents new breakouts pretty well, but dosnt really treat the acne I already have). I rubbed a dove face whip thing (you know the kind you get wet and lather then use as like a washcloth which really moisturizes my skin and helps heal some of the blemishes) into the dixie cup. I wettened the whip and lathered, it was funny foamy sort of bubbly mixture on my face, and even though physiderm+neutrogina were 1/2 each and I could lightly smell both of them as well as the dove, I only really felt the coolness of the neutrogina deepcleanser, I hardly knowticed the physiderm on my face.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that its like 3 1/2 hours later and my face looks the best it has in weeks. And I feel awesome, So If you guys could let me know what your favorite facewashes are and why you like them, that would be great, I want to know what to shop for, I'm going to experiment with this untill I figure out an acne solution, and as soon as I find that I will let you guys know.

I know I'm not a genious in chemical things, but I know that most washes have 1 or 2 great qualities, and I'm going to find out which ones work best together, haha or at least I'm going to try.

biggrin.gif I feel like a genious, with a near-clear face today, I speak the truth, I started this day with more than 5 swollen large pimples, and only 2 remain, and one of those two is going away fast.

Tina

OK, so I was sitting around thinking why neutrogina made so many dumb products, each helping your skin in a different way but only one.  Then I sat for a bit more and realized the obvious, they get more $$ that way.  So that led me to another question, what if I were to mix different face wash products? I would get all the benefits of my favorite brands and could apply it as if it were one wash.  So me, happy with my brilliance, went along and tried it.  First I put a little physiderm face wash in a dixie cup (I love that wash, it really does help control my acne, but its really bubbly and it gets in my eyes and mouth and burns...) along with neutrogina deep clean cream cleanser (awesome face wash, leaves me feeling great, and prevents new breakouts pretty well, but dosnt really treat the acne I already have).  I rubbed a dove face whip thing (you know the kind you get wet and lather then use as like a washcloth which really moisturizes my skin and helps heal some of the blemishes) into the dixie cup.  I wettened the whip and lathered, it was funny foamy sort of bubbly mixture on my face, and even though physiderm+neutrogina were 1/2 each and I could lightly smell both of them as well as the dove, I only really felt the coolness of the neutrogina deepcleanser, I hardly knowticed the physiderm on my face.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that its like 3 1/2 hours later and my face looks the best it has in weeks.  And I feel awesome, So If you guys could let me know what your favorite facewashes are and why you like them, that would be great, I want to know what to shop for, I'm going to experiment with this untill I figure out an acne solution, and as soon as I find that I will let you guys know.

I know I'm not a genious in chemical things, but I know that most washes have 1 or 2 great qualities, and I'm going to find out which ones work best together, haha or at least I'm going to try.

biggrin.gif I feel like a genious, with a near-clear face today, I speak the truth, I started this day with more than 5 swollen large pimples, and only 2 remain, and one of those two is going away fast.

Tina

Thanks! I'm not sure, I probably will stick with this for along time anyway. I'm soooo amazed, I'm almost 14 and I've had acne sense as long as I can rember (around 6th grade Id guess) and its just gotten worse and worse and more painful.

I just sorta evaluated my situation, my sister uses neutrogina deep clean cream cleanser and it dosnt control her acne at all (at least hers is less than mine, and shes in college now!) and when I use physiderm and neutrogina back to back my face gets dry and my exima (have no idea how to spell this) gets ichy and red again now that its winter season. I don't know if its a chemical thing or what but when I use those at the same time it seems to squash whatever acne I have.

Also I've been noticing a ton less new breakouts, I think my luma lux acne pills are really starting to pay for themselves. It's a natural way to fight acne from the inside out. It was working great for me, olny problem was even if i wasnt getting more my old acne wasnt going to go anywhere, and now its goning very quickly.

I tried washing my face once more with my concotion before I had to hit the town for a long night of shopping and conformation class, and then I put on my make up and went. When I came home and washed off my make-up I was astounded once again, my face looked significantly better.

Another thing I'm finding helpful, I cut myself some very light bangs that go down to eyebrow length. Sense I've got the cutie sort of face and can pull that look off it hids my acne very well and I dont have to bother with any irritation to my cover-up, you cant even tell I have acne, I just cover up the one pimple I have on my cheek and just brush my bangs over my forhead, Its the greatest solution in my opinion. I'm careful to keep product out of my bangs so I'm thinking it wont irritate acne nearly as much as make-up would, plus it saves me like a ton of time.

Tina

My conclusion-

1. get bangs if your breakouts are mostly above your eyes, (and if you're a teenagish girl) I love them and so will you!

2. Luma Lux Acne Pills are wonderful

3. If you like two facewashes, combine them and see how that goes, you might be suprised