Notifications
Clear all

Help Me Please!

MemberMember
(@liamm)

Posted : 07/12/2015 5:47 am

Hey guys,

I've had acne for around 6/7 years now. I'm an 18 year old male and I'm on my last few days of my 3 week prescription of erythromycin. My acne used to be very bad but now it's improved a lot. It's still quite bad I guess but it's good for me.

My skin care routine, I've being using for almost a year now has being okay however for the past 4 months my skin has been bright red. It isn't Rosacea and I'm wondering if it's to do with the products I'm using.

In the morning I'll wash my face with Luke warm water and then I'll apply Lush grease lightning over my face, followed by Lush Tea Tree Water and then moisturise with Simples light moisturiser. At night I'll do the same, however instead of just washing my face with water I'll use the Lush Fresh Farmacy cleanser.

Also every 3 days I'll use the Lush Mask Of Magnaminty Face Mask.

It's getting to the stage now where I'm extremely self conscious. I'm going to see the doctor again on Thursday and I'm really worried. People have recommended that I just start washing my face at morning and night with warm water only and then moisturise.

My sisters graduation is on Wednesday however and I'm worried to do this as my skin might get worse and I'll look bad in the pictures.

Please help me!!!

MemberMember
(@clearsoldier)

Posted : 07/14/2015 2:52 am

Hi, although I can't advise you on your redness I would like to propose a temporary solution for the time being - if you're looking to hide the redness for pictures, pick up some bb or cc cream from the drugstore or makeup counter. It's very unnoticeable but does wonders for the skin, a lot of Asian men have been using it lately too. Also, quick tip, dont apply too many acne products the day or night before the graduation as it'll irritate the skin and make it more red. On top of that, the bb or cc cream will sting and look patchy on flaky irritated skin as a result of using excessive products