Notifications
Clear all

Makeup Help?:(

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/12/2015 12:08 am

Something that really stresses me out and absolutely hate doing is my makeup nowadays. I'd say most of the time I don't bother to go out because I can't find a way to cover up my indented scars and I always end up just making them look worse if I try.

What are some makeup tips that I can try to help me with this problem?? Anything I try only highlights my imperfections instead of hiding them. What helps to cover scars??

It's really not fair that other people can easily get ready and feel good with how they look while I struggle for hours and still hate how I end up looking by the end. It's really stressful and it's becoming pretty hopeless for me. I hate my face so much:( Please help

meg4 liked
MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 07/12/2015 12:49 am

Dermablend is one that is supposed to help with that, I guess . Personally I Haven't tried it .I have seen videos ,I think that you probably could find some videos about covering scars ,online.

I know all about scars and how down can make us feel sometimes.

Talking from experience ,there will always be something about ourselves that we don't like. And you would be surprised about how the people who we really think are flawless are not.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@jessicasaysmeow1)

Posted : 07/13/2015 10:17 am

I use Physicians Formula makeup. I feel like it has enough coverage without clogging pores. Also, if I've got a really big, red pimple sometimes I will use redness reducing eye drops on it. It helps get rid of some of the redness so I don't glob on too much makeup.

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/13/2015 1:25 pm

I use Physicians Formula makeup. I feel like it has enough coverage without clogging pores. Also, if I've got a really big, red pimple sometimes I will use redness reducing eye drops on it. It helps get rid of some of the redness so I don't glob on too much makeup.

I believe that my sister uses or has used Physicians formula with much satisfaction. However, she has told me to stick to Neutrogena brands because of the fact that they are dermatologist recommended. I have been using this makeup since I was 13 or 14, but now that I have more scars I feel like it doesn't give me the same coverage. Maybe I'm just applying it incorrectly??

I use Neutrogena healthy skin enhancer as my foundation and then I use Neutrogena Mineral sheers powder to cover anything else and help control the shine of the foundation. This helps to even out the color of my skin but I feel like when I use it I'm just making my scars more noticeable and like it's too cakey.

MemberMember
(@jessicasaysmeow1)

Posted : 07/13/2015 5:28 pm

Unfortunately I heard some bad stuff about Neutrogena... like that it's not actually non comedogenic and it breaks people out. I like Physicians Formula because it doesn't break me out and I can get pretty good coverage with just the powder. And it doesn't get gross by the end of the day.

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/13/2015 8:13 pm

Unfortunately I heard some bad stuff about Neutrogena... like that it's not actually non comedogenic and it breaks people out. I like Physicians Formula because it doesn't break me out and I can get pretty good coverage with just the powder. And it doesn't get gross by the end of the day.

I think I'll consider using it. I've never had an issue with Neutrogena breaking me out, but like I said I could use more coverage and i end up looking extremely shiny by the end of the day. I guess I just need to explore more options & see which I like best. Thank you so much:)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 07/15/2015 1:34 pm

i use dermablend leg and body cover and the coverage is fantastic! it really helps to hide my indents and my raised scarring. i cant say enough good things about this stuff. it has spf 15 wont break you and stays put for at least 12 hours with the setting powder. i used to use their concealer as my foundation but they changed the formula which is why i switched to the leg and body cover. i also like the intense powder camo foundation too it covers very well. i used to use esteel lauder maximum coverage in the blue tube and that stuff is great too but since i get so oily it tends to slide off my face.

good luck!

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/15/2015 2:35 pm

i use dermablend leg and body cover and the coverage is fantastic! it really helps to hide my indents and my raised scarring. i cant say enough good things about this stuff. it has spf 15 wont break you and stays put for at least 12 hours with the setting powder. i used to use their concealer as my foundation but they changed the formula which is why i switched to the leg and body cover. i also like the intense powder camo foundation too it covers very well. i used to use esteel lauder maximum coverage in the blue tube and that stuff is great too but since i get so oily it tends to slide off my face.

good luck!

I've been really curious as to how Dermablend would work on my skin. I've heard great things from it. However, I do believe that it is more pricey than standard brands of makeup and I would probably need to buy it online. I'm hoping one of my relatives will allow me to purchase it at least to sample, considering how I don't have credit cards and such to buy online.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 07/15/2015 2:53 pm

good luck!

I've been really curious as to how Dermablend would work on my skin. I've heard great things from it. However, I do believe that it is more pricey than standard brands of makeup and I would probably need to buy it online. I'm hoping one of my relatives will allow me to purchase it at least to sample, considering how I don't have credit cards and such to buy online.

i buy mine at ulta and the best part is if you dont like it you can return it and get your money back. that is what i love about ulta is that they let you return any used makeup. the dermablend leg & body is the only foundation that helps me feel normal on a daily basis. it works so well that people dont really believe i have pretty bad scarring. the tube of this stuff is huge and its $30 plus tax so you should probably last for at least a year. one of these days i will do a makeup tutorial with this stuff because it even amazes me -ha!!

MemberMember
(@mandyline)

Posted : 07/16/2015 12:16 am

Have you ever tried Bare Minerals? I just started using it a couple of months ago. I use the pressed powder foundation and it has pretty good coverage, but to cover up my red marks/scars I just use a little of their concealer on top and it conceals perfectly! I absolutely love it so far, and your skin looks even better as the day goes on because the natural oils in your skin kinda blend with your makeup and it looks like that's your real skin. I've been using Neutrogena's foundation since I was around 14 as well, and trust me I was scared to try something new, but so far I haven't had any problems with breakouts (except the pesky hormonal breakouts every month). You can get a 30 day supply to try it and it comes with the foundation, concealer, mineral veil (setting powder), bronzer, highlighter, and two mini brushes. So yeah thats just my suggestion. I understand how stressful and stupid acne is, I really do. I have a few indented scars as well as post-inflammatory acne marks. There are times where I look in the mirror and start sobbing, but know that it takes time and patience to achieve clearer skin, and I wish you luck. c:

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/16/2015 4:00 am

Have you ever tried Bare Minerals? I just started using it a couple of months ago. I use the pressed powder foundation and it has pretty good coverage, but to cover up my red marks/scars I just use a little of their concealer on top and it conceals perfectly! I absolutely love it so far, and your skin looks even better as the day goes on because the natural oils in your skin kinda blend with your makeup and it looks like that's your real skin. I've been using Neutrogena's foundation since I was around 14 as well, and trust me I was scared to try something new, but so far I haven't had any problems with breakouts (except the pesky hormonal breakouts every month). You can get a 30 day supply to try it and it comes with the foundation, concealer, mineral veil (setting powder), bronzer, highlighter, and two mini brushes. So yeah thats just my suggestion. I understand how stressful and stupid acne is, I really do. I have a few indented scars as well as post-inflammatory acne marks. There are times where I look in the mirror and start sobbing, but know that it takes time and patience to achieve clearer skin, and I wish you luck. c:

Thank you for your recommendation and kind words:) I had a horrible, stressful day applying makeup again and after a few hours it looked so cakey and the makeup had settled into my scars making them more noticeable I was going to go out but I had to cancel for the same reason that I did not feel comfortable in my own skin, even with makeup. I don't know what to do anymore. I really want to go out and have fun but my skin keeps me from enjoying anything.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 07/17/2015 12:50 pm

someone on here gave a tip about loreal miracle blur. theres two kinds- regular or oil free- its the regular. so i bought some and it actually does really cover them. for the deep ones i mix it with powder foundation.

MemberMember
(@bdy2014)

Posted : 07/17/2015 5:35 pm

I have the same problem so I just stay completely away from layering makeup because it just looks awful on me. I have scars and hyperpigmentation.

I use physicians formula concealer stick to cover the hyperpigmentation. I dab it on and gently pat it in with a brush. Then I just dust Neutrogena mineral sheers over my face with a kabuki brush. I may have to touch up mid day but it only takes a couple minutes.

Obviously nothing is going to fill in the indented scars, but for me I would rather look more natural than have the gross cakey look.

Doll up your eyes, add blush, and some lipstick. It helps when you can learn to love and accept yourself, imperfections and all. You are beautiful :) and no one is perfect.