Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne Is This (Pic Included)?

MemberMember
(@frustratedskin)

Posted : 07/10/2015 4:34 pm

Hello, I have been suffering from severe cystic acne for over a year. I cycle combined antibiotics, since that's the ONLY thing that TEMPORARILY fixes it. However there is one part of it that never goes away:

fe0baa97bfca93bc.jpg

It's like every single sebaceous gland is swollen? Is this even acne or some disease? I exfoliate frequently with salicylic acid and glycolic acid. What is this and how is it so utterly resilient? When I stop the antibiotics all these little bumps become pustules or cysts. Please help, if someone had this, how did you fix it?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/10/2015 10:13 pm

comedonal acne

clogged pores everywhere man

MemberMember
(@frustratedskin)

Posted : 07/11/2015 4:41 am

comedonal acne

How can I remove this? Nothing affects the "comedones", they just stay there. Not even peeling agents. Do I need to peel it physically with some cosmetic tool?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/11/2015 5:57 am

comedonal acne

How can I remove this? Nothing affects the "comedones", they just stay there. Not even peeling agents. Do I need to peel it physically with some cosmetic tool?

Yeah well doing that would leave marks that could take months to fade. Honestly I'd have a dermatologist do the extractions if I were you.

MemberMember
(@frustratedskin)

Posted : 07/11/2015 6:01 am

comedonal acne

Yeah well doing that would leave marks that could take months to fade. Honestly I'd have a dermatologist do the extractions if I were you.

Is there nothing else that can be done? Some medication? I though salicylic acid was supposed to dissolve keratin, but it did nothing for me.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/11/2015 8:25 am

comedonal acne

Is there nothing else that can be done? Some medication? I though salicylic acid was supposed to dissolve keratin, but it did nothing for me.

In my experience, glycolic acid was the best treatment for this kind of acne. What you need is a chemical exfoliant with glycolic acid that will shed skincells faster so your skin never has the chance to clog.

MemberMember
(@jessicasaysmeow1)

Posted : 07/13/2015 10:43 am

Try Dark Angels cleanser scrub... the charcoal sucks out all the gunk in your pores including dead skin cells. It worked for me for my cystic acne on my face. I also have tons of little bumps (like your picture) on my upper arms, like chicken skin. I use the scrub on my arms and now they are smooth.

MemberMember
(@whit250)

Posted : 07/14/2015 1:00 pm

Try research on Demodex mites! Try treatment with Tea Tree Oil! They live in the hair pore follicles and lay larva! I am now 50% clear with this treatment! Takes patients and persistent follow on with treatment! But it works! Most Dr's do not talk about this! Good luck!