Notifications
Clear all

Wash Face W/ Cleanser After Workout?

MemberMember
(@quakinggrass)

Posted : 07/09/2015 9:53 am

Is it necessary to wash one's face with cleanser after a sweaty workout? Is a rinse with water sufficient?

There isn't a consensus on whether sweat contributes to acne on this forum. Some people notice a correlation between sweating and acne but I can't tell if it is a factor for me. Trying to figure out the cause of my acne right now.

I know washing more than twice a day is excessive but if I'm wearing makeup and workout twice I'll end up washing with cleanser 4 times.

1. wake up

2. wash face w/ cleanser

3. workout

4. wash face w/ cleanser

5. apply makeup

6. wash face w/ cleanser to remove makeup

7. workout

8. wash face w/ cleanser

Which ones should be cut? #6 can't be cut, obviously.

MemberMember
(@iggs)

Posted : 07/09/2015 10:42 am

I just rinse off after I work out, unless I work out later in the day/night, I usually do my routine around 8-9pm, so If I work out at like 6, when I'm done (usually about 1.5 hrs), I just wash my face with cleanser to avoid over irritating/excessively drying out my face. Washing your face with cleanser 4 times is seemingly too much IMO.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 07/10/2015 1:33 pm

Well, If you work out in the morning you should just wait to wash your face till you clean up after your workout.

Then, if you work out again (which I'm impressed by) - use a gentle no-water makeup remover to remove your makeup, apply SPF if in the sun, and then do your full cleansing routine afterwards again, which is hopefully close enough to bedtime that you're not applying a full-face full of makeup afterwards.

I hope this makes sense. You don't necessarily need to wash your face before you workout. your makeup might run or sweat off but you could just wipe it with a towel if it bothers you.