Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline And Doxycycline?

MemberMember
(@confidenceiskey)

Posted : 07/08/2015 11:14 pm

For 8 weeks, I took Minocycline 100mg pills twice a day everyday. I followed my deremetologists orders as well as using a prescription facewash and creams. I also looked into Minocycline on the internet. I saw that one of the side effects were teeth discoloration. Throughout my entire duration of taking Minocycline, I noticed my that my teeth had slight discoloration and it increased as I continued the pill. My skin has became better, and some of my acne went away but I still have scarring. I decided to just finish the 8 weeks of the pill. I finished 8 weeks of taking Minocycline yesterday, and went to my deremetologist and I told her. Teeth discoloration most likely happens to children under the age of around 9. However I am 16 years old. I have slight teeth discoloration and I am SCARED. I really don't wanna ruin my teeth considering I am insecure of my skin. My deremetologist prescribed me with a less harsh pill of the same family as Minocycline, called Doxycycline and told me to take one pill a day at night for 8 more weeks. Today is my first day of taking Doxycycline and I'm just so scared because I really do not want to ruin my teeth. I honestly don't know what to do. Should I tell my deremetologist I want to drop this pill? I really don't wanna regret everything later because of this pill giving me irreversible teeth stains for my entire life. Can anyone relate to this? Please help.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/08/2015 11:26 pm

I was on doxycycline for some time. All it did was ruin my gut. Yeah, my acne was better during the trial, but overall it made my acne worse because it messed up my body and after I was finished taking it I was worse off when it came to fighting toxins... Point is I suggest going natural. The doxycycline made my eyes turn yellow. If you're already seeing the negative effects, that's your body saying its too much.

Go natural like me, and find out what's wrong with your body. That's what cleared me up!

MemberMember
(@chronbot)

Posted : 07/09/2015 11:10 pm

I've been on antibiotics for years, and I wish I would have never taken them. Personally, I would just stick with topicals.