Notifications
Clear all

Accutane: 7Th Week And Breaking Out Like Crazy

MemberMember
(@lucyintheskyofdiamonds)

Posted : 07/08/2015 12:13 am

I started taking accutane on May 23th and at the time my skin was quite under control since 1 month earlier i have started taking diane 35 (bcp that helps with acne).

After 5 days i started to break out in whiteheads.

2 weeks later I experienced another breakout which was more cystic.

Then on the 30 day mark I experienced another breakout full of angry big pimples in my cheeks.

(Important to highlight the fact that meanwhile i was far from being clear. All the time breaking out. DEFINETLY much more worse than when i started accutane)

Right now im in my 46th day and my skin is out of control. My lower cheeks (problem area) is full of cysts that hurt so so bad and red angry pimples that turn into whiteheads and i pop them and reform again.

I try not to think so much about it so that i dont get depressed over my skin. However, not only my face is red and extemely bumpy and scabby and dry, but also it HURTS, so its impossible to not pay attention to my face or forget for a second that im having the worst breakout of my life.

Im so so so desperated.

I really beg for you to tell me about your experiences and give some hope cause i cant continue like this. I really dont want to offend anyone but my acne used to be mild-moderate and right now i feel like those faces you see when you google acne before and after.

I started this course because i claim being uncomfortable with my face but right now im being so miserable.

And the worst part of all Im sooooo afraid that i will scar from this initial breakout. I have been picking quite a lot since i cant help it. Its the only thing i can do, just get the junk out of my face or at least try it.

I need simpathy. Someone to talk to vent.

Friends can be the best people on earth to us, but sometimes not even them can understand, because they just dont know how it feels.

Please help me. When did you start clearing up? When everything start to calm down? Did you scar from your ib? How much did it last?

THANKSSSSS :)

MemberMember
(@leftridingcropinmortuary)

Posted : 07/08/2015 1:35 pm

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm on day2 so all that fun still to come for me.

Do you work or study? Any chance you can "hibernate" for a week or two just to ride out the worst of it?

You already know this but the breakout just shows it's working! Those are all the spots you would ever have coming out now! You should be dancing for joy!

I know it's easier said than done.

Chin up, girl.

PS: maybe take an aspirin for the pain and swelling? Speak to your Dr first.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/08/2015 6:07 pm

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm on day2 so all that fun still to come for me.

Do you work or study? Any chance you can "hibernate" for a week or two just to ride out the worst of it?

You already know this but the breakout just shows it's working! Those are all the spots you would ever have coming out now! You should be dancing for joy!

I know it's easier said than done.

Chin up, girl.

PS: maybe take an aspirin for the pain and swelling? Speak to your Dr first.

Thanks for you sweet reply :) It is very kind that you try to cheer me up. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do study and I work to (few times a week doing babysitting). But right now i am not going to uni because im in finals so just studying at home.

The thing is I am extremelly social and the kind of girl that will meet almost everyday or at least on weekends with her friends. And I hate being invitades to parties or birthday of very loved ones and not going or going and having a hard time feeling extremelly unfortable in my skin.

Acne took my freedom. It decides for me. I hate makeup and i have to cake foundation everyday. I love being around people and right now im so isolated and makes me feel lonely.

And yeahh i find an aspirin does help with the swelling and pain :)

The funny thing is that altough i may sound as a depressed soul, im the most positive person. Everyday i wake up and run to my mirror because im almost sure my acne will be better that±n last night. And its not. And everything is getting frustating.

So yeah... how are you doing with your beginning on accutane? You may be one of the lucky ones and not get an ib :)

MemberMember
(@someonegood12)

Posted : 07/08/2015 6:58 pm

hey I remember you! yea we started like the same day taking the accutane. Did you get your dose changed? I am finding the same thing is happening to me, and in the same areas.

This would be a good time to listen to a lottttt of good music. At least can change your mental state temporarily until the breakout blows over.

Might I recommend something red hot chili peppers, such as porcelain? Good soul stuff ya know

MemberMember

Posted : 07/09/2015 5:08 am

Hey guys! I'm on day 3 and feel a little drier already.

We are all very young so it doesn't matter if we miss a few parties right now - lots still to come!

MemberMember

Posted : 07/09/2015 9:20 am

I've started my own Accutane diary - it's called "Riding Crop's Roaccutane Diary" - enjoy!

:-)

MemberMember

Posted : 07/11/2015 3:52 pm

hey I remember you! yea we started like the same day taking the accutane. Did you get your dose changed? I am finding the same thing is happening to me, and in the same areas.

This would be a good time to listen to a lottttt of good music. At least can change your mental state temporarily until the breakout blows over.

Might I recommend something red hot chili peppers, such as porcelain? Good soul stuff ya know

Heyyy I remember you too :)

How are you doing with your skin?

Nope, my dosage wasnt changed. I started with 40mg a day and still the same.

Luckily my breakout os so much better. Everything is starting to heal and no more angry pimples. Most of the cysts (which werent big at all but very painful) shinked. So lets hope from now on everything gets better :)

How about you? Have your skin inproved?

Hey guys! I'm on day 3 and feel a little drier already.

We are all very young so it doesn't matter if we miss a few parties right now - lots still to come!

Heyyy, I remember almost 2 months ago when i first started i was extremelly anxious paying attention to every single change or every single thing that happen and was making my own assumptions of when i would get better and when i would have clear skin.

Truth is, now although im not even in the middle of my course, i undestood that this drug is a rollercoaster and kind of plays with you. You will bet you have already passed through the worst and then BAM a breakout.

My intentions are not to scare you at all, but to tell you to be patient and take it easy. The best you can do (which i clearly failed to do multiple times) is to take every single day your pills and chill out. Sooner or later, your skin will be cleared.

However you always have the possibility to be one of the minority that do NOT get an IB (Doctors claim that only a 20% will get an IB but that clearly isnt true)

MemberMember
(@someonegood12)

Posted : 07/11/2015 4:02 pm

I would say its gotten a little better, I still am pretty confident that I look worse than whan I started because all that acne I got when I started just turned red and flat and is chillin. I keep getting my dose bumped so every time my body starts to adjust to the dose and heal it gets bumped up and breaks out again. Im on 80 now so there is so much accutane in me I feel it should be rapidly improving shortly. I don't ever look at it because it is always worse than I expect and I get sad but it feels flatter at least. But nothin to do besides chill out and let the magic happen, and try to stay awake....

MemberMember

Posted : 07/11/2015 8:05 pm

I would say its gotten a little better, I still am pretty confident that I look worse than whan I started because all that acne I got when I started just turned red and flat and is chillin. I keep getting my dose bumped so every time my body starts to adjust to the dose and heal it gets bumped up and breaks out again. Im on 80 now so there is so much accutane in me I feel it should be rapidly improving shortly. I don't ever look at it because it is always worse than I expect and I get sad but it feels flatter at least. But nothin to do besides chill out and let the magic happen, and try to stay awake....

Thats great! I heard from doctors (not just the internet) that if you get a high dose its almost impossible not to improve in short term. I often get terrified by those who say that they didnt improve until they finished their treatment. However I figured out that that may be the case for those who took less that 0.5mg/kg, and im much more over that, as well as you are.

Hope everything gets well for you :) im sure youll have clear skin soon

Oh and if you have any doubt you about anything regarding accutane you should check out www.realself.com/accutane/answers

It is a site with questions from people like us but answered by real qualifyed doctors.

MemberMember
(@subtly)

Posted : 07/12/2015 12:27 pm

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL 100%

My 7th week on Accutane was the absolute worst. I was depressed- my skin was horrible as well. Having to go to school every single day was embarrassing. Trust me I know how you feel. My 7th week was around mid November and for the next month or so I continued to break out. Come January my skin was still really bad but not as bad as the 7th week. And I too was also worried because my face got WORSE on accutane,

but im telling you. IT WILL WORK. you will be absolutely clear. weke 7 and 8 was the peak for me but slowly but surely you will see improvements I promise you. I started to really clear up 6 months in- in April. By the time I finished Accutane in early June my face was completely clear. My face IS completely clear. I know how hard it can be and it seems like Accutane won't work but I'M LIVING PROOF IT WILL! Stay strong, it will get better i promise.

MemberMember
(@scarletbegonias)

Posted : 07/12/2015 9:01 pm

I too am about to start my 7th week on 60mg of Zenatane and I'm still getting breakouts, and even got a few cystic pimples recently. Hang in there! Just keep telling yourself to stay patient because it will eventually start to clear you up. I think the issue is that for us who have resorted to Accutane, nothing else in the past has helped so we can't help but be skeptical because of all the previous let downs. However, Accutane is the big guns, it just needs time to work it's magic. When I start to get frustrated over my skin (which also has started hurting and itching like crazy since upping my dosage) I remind myself that this stuff is the real deal, more success stories than any other acne product and that it doesnt promise instant results like all the marketing BS on tv and in ads. Stay positive, focus on your hobbies, do things that make you feel good internally and don't ever feel like you can't reach out to the community on here, we all know what you're going through! <3

MemberMember

Posted : 07/13/2015 10:07 pm

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL 100%

My 7th week on Accutane was the absolute worst. I was depressed- my skin was horrible as well. Having to go to school every single day was embarrassing. Trust me I know how you feel. My 7th week was around mid November and for the next month or so I continued to break out. Come January my skin was still really bad but not as bad as the 7th week. And I too was also worried because my face got WORSE on accutane,

but im telling you. IT WILL WORK. you will be absolutely clear. weke 7 and 8 was the peak for me but slowly but surely you will see improvements I promise you. I started to really clear up 6 months in- in April. By the time I finished Accutane in early June my face was completely clear. My face IS completely clear. I know how hard it can be and it seems like Accutane won't work but I'M LIVING PROOF IT WILL! Stay strong, it will get better i promise.

Thank you for your big support. Its very sweet of you.

Yeah its kind of a love-hate relationship. My skin is extremelly clear and smooth in the places where i didnt used to breakout that much, but is red bumpy and with whitehead in my problem areas (lower cheeks).

I feel it is getting a little better but i dont even wanna mention it cause i know how this works: one day you are ok and the following you are experiencing the worst breakout of your life.

So I will stay strong because I know it will work (it is working already in some places) as it did for you :)

How everything turned out for you? Are you still clear? Did you get any scarring? I think i will :(

Hope you are doing great!!

I too am about to start my 7th week on 60mg of Zenatane and I'm still getting breakouts, and even got a few cystic pimples recently. Hang in there! Just keep telling yourself to stay patient because it will eventually start to clear you up. I think the issue is that for us who have resorted to Accutane, nothing else in the past has helped so we can't help but be skeptical because of all the previous let downs. However, Accutane is the big guns, it just needs time to work it's magic. When I start to get frustrated over my skin (which also has started hurting and itching like crazy since upping my dosage) I remind myself that this stuff is the real deal, more success stories than any other acne product and that it doesnt promise instant results like all the marketing BS on tv and in ads. Stay positive, focus on your hobbies, do things that make you feel good internally and don't ever feel like you can't reach out to the community on here, we all know what you're going through! <3

Thanks for your big support Scarlet :) We both understand exavtly how it feels.

Yeah im extremelly confident that accutane will eventually clear me up for at least a short period of time. Ive never ever ever thinked about giving up on it or anything. I have all my hopes on this medication.

The thing is that sometimes i just get too frustrated and what better place to vent than this forums? People here can be extremelly sinpathetic and kind, just like you.

Hope you are doing great and a little closer to clear skin :) Please keep me updated with your journey

MemberMember
(@subtly)

Posted : 07/19/2015 1:28 am

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL 100%

Thank you for your big support. Its very sweet of you.

Yeah its kind of a love-hate relationship. My skin is extremelly clear and smooth in the places where i didnt used to breakout that much, but is red bumpy and with whitehead in my problem areas (lower cheeks).

I feel it is getting a little better but i dont even wanna mention it cause i know how this works: one day you are ok and the following you are experiencing the worst breakout of your life.

So I will stay strong because I know it will work (it is working already in some places) as it did for you :)

How everything turned out for you? Are you still clear? Did you get any scarring? I think i will :(

Hope you are doing great!!

&nbs

p;

it's been about a month and a half and my face is still clear. I don't have any indented scars or pits just hyper pigmentation which my doctor said is normal to have and will go away with time. but I never picked my skin on accutane. Even when I was really crusty I let it be because I was so nervous about scarring.

Hope you're doing well and staying positive :)

MemberMember
(@beyb14)

Posted : 07/20/2015 5:50 am

I can totally feel you...mine was worse too.im on 3 week with 30 mg a day and im breaking out badly. It gotten worse.cant hardly resist popping those pus filled cyst..and trying so hard to avoid it..worst part was that its so frustrating bec. I work as a teacher and had to face hundred of students a day and i also feel depressed of how my co workers keep noticing my face "what happen to your face???" the hell i dint wish for it..just so thankful for those who understand my situation and keep reminding me ill get better soon...im really hopin..so far side effects are just dry lips hands.. mild back pain and sometimes head ache.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/22/2015 1:10 pm

I can totally feel you...mine was worse too.im on 3 week with 30 mg a day and im breaking out badly. It gotten worse.cant hardly resist popping those pus filled cyst..and trying so hard to avoid it..worst part was that its so frustrating bec. I work as a teacher and had to face hundred of students a day and i also feel depressed of how my co workers keep noticing my face "what happen to your face???" the hell i dint wish for it..just so thankful for those who understand my situation and keep reminding me ill get better soon...im really hopin..so far side effects are just dry lips hands.. mild back pain and sometimes head ache.

Heyyyy, I strongly advice not to pop you pumples. I did the exactly same thing until a week ago. I would have this HUGE whiteheads (on accutane i experienced the biggest whiteheads ive seen in my life.. so gross) and some cysts. I would pick them all the ones that where in the surface. And they keep reforming and id pick them again and once again theyd come back. After a week of the worst breakout ever I gave up. I decided i would not touch my skin at all. I just oil cleanse at night and moisturize and thats it.

Let me tell you that my skin is so much more calm and healed and nice. A lot of pimples are gone. The thing is that accutane is great for this. Pimples "evolutionate" more quickly. They come to a head more quickly and then they flake off more quickly.

And the thing I find is that when wearing makeup, whiteheads look as bad as popped pimples, if not BETTER.

So let your skin alone. And this is an advice from a professional pimple-picker. I would read forums of people saying dont pick you pimples and i would say bullshit. But i prove me wrong.

Give my advice a chance! You and your skin will thank it :)

beyb14 liked
MemberMember
(@beyb14)

Posted : 07/23/2015 1:34 am

lucyintheskyofdiamonds

yes you're right i do also pick those pims but i notice they are just reforming every now and then..what im doin now is just let it heal itself and i think its helping.. i do not wear make now cause its just so painful to put some and it irritates my face too.. thank u for letting me know..