Notifications
Clear all

Can't Find A Cure

MemberMember
(@lauradeluna)

Posted : 07/06/2015 1:28 pm

hi there ! I'm kind of at a loss at what to do about my acne, I feel like I've tried everythung but nothing is a constant fix.

I'm a 23 yr old female. my face is super clear on my forehead, cheeks, and t zone. but my chin is a DISASTER. I am on birth control (so I'm sure this is hormonal for the most part). I'll currently have 2 large deep spots on my lower chin, and about 5 small whiteheads that are very tiny but are in clusters on each side of my chin.

I started with BP a month ago, it has dramatically helped with the acne and scars on the sides of my jaw/lower cheeks, however it seems to be doing nothing for my chin right under my mouth. it has gotten rid of the deep cystic acne (I used to have 5+) at a time, but I seem to wake up with at least 2 or 3 whiteheads now even with the BP.

I just ordered some of dans AHA, hoping that with the BP that will do yhe trick, but I'm just as such a loss of ideas on what to do now. any suggestions or stories of sucess are greatly appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 07/06/2015 3:19 pm

It usually takes 3-6 months to see the full effect of BP so if you have only been on it for a month then you need to give it more time. Don't give up on it and try something else just yet. You need to be patient, even if it is hard. After 4 months of using BP if there is no improvement then you might want to try something else.

Just my opinion.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 07/06/2015 4:32 pm

Regarding topicals, some people have more success with topical antibiotics combined with BP like benzaclin etc.

MemberMember
(@lauradeluna)

Posted : 07/06/2015 5:11 pm

It usually takes 3-6 months to see the full effect of BP so if you have only been on it for a month then you need to give it more time. Don't give up on it and try something else just yet. You need to be patient, even if it is hard. After 4 months of using BP if there is no improvement then you might want to try something else.

Just my opinion.

Good luck.

Thanks ! I will stay on the BP, what do you think about adding the AHA glycolic acid though ?

MemberMember
(@jessicasaysmeow1)

Posted : 07/13/2015 10:28 am

Hello! Please check out my regimen in my signature. When I started the Dark Angels cleanser my skin started clearing up after a week! Like you, I also had severe cystic acne... painful red bumps all over my chin and around my mouth. This cleanser has charcoal in it which sucks all the gunk out of my pores WAY better than any chemical like BP or SA. Its also a scrub so it gets rid of all those dead skin cells.