Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne Out Of Nowhere

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/05/2015 4:24 pm

Hello all,

So let me first begin by giving you a history of my acne. I have always had a few pimples here & there but nothing bad at all. In fact, acne wasn't even a thought at all, I had pretty much 90% clear skin.

As of 3 months ago, no joke, all of the sudden I got severe fxckin acne. Like BAD. It was so bad I had to ice my face 3 times a day. It DESTROYED me. It was like a disease hit me. It wasn't just pimples either, it was deep CYSTIC nodular acne ~ so bad I could feel it forming on my face. In fact, it was so bad I was about to order accutane without a prescription. NO JOKE. THIS IS HOW BAD IT WAS AND HOW IT DESTROYED ME.

It didn't help that I couldn't get into my dermatologist for 2 months after calling.

So looking bad, I had to think about how the hell this severe, inflamed acne came upon me. My diet didn't change, my life style didn't change. However, I did get a new job & I was taking fish oil, zinc, and vitamin D. Now, some of you are thinking that there's no way those 3 supplements caused my cystic acne. But let me tell you this, ever since I started taking those that's when all hell broke loose. My new job was working in the kitchen making pizza in an extremely hot open oven. I have had breakouts in the past due to being around extreme heat in a restaurant so this may be the cause.

Those 2 things are the ONLY thing that has changed or came into my life right before I got this acne-infested disease. Keep in mind that I am an extremely active person. I am a bodybuilder & personal trainer. I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day and do not take any bodybuilding supplements. I have taken supplements in the past but have never gotten breakouts from them.

So it's been a month since I've gone to my dermtatologist and he put me on accutane 80mg a day along with prednisone. Within 1 week all my bumps & acne was cleared by prednisone. No clue why. But he didn't prescribe me much so my acne slowly came back.

I am on the right path, but I wanted to ask you all. How the hell did I get this bad of acne????

The pic on the left was probably 2-3 weeks before everything started going down hill. MY SKIN WAS SO CLEAR!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

It won't let me upload the pic, suggestions??

post-402862-122165_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/05/2015 5:33 pm

I feel like you did a good job exploring the variables that caused the acne, sometimes It's hard to tell why someone breaks out, sometimes it just happens I suppose! How old are you? I know for some people the cystic acne tends to show its colors in the late teens for guys.

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/05/2015 5:37 pm

I feel like you did a good job exploring the variables that caused the acne, sometimes It's hard to tell why someone breaks out, sometimes it just happens I suppose! How old are you? I know for some people the cystic acne tends to show its colors in the late teens for guys.

I am 21. It really devastated me. Like I said, it got so bad I was about to order accutane. No joke. That's how bad it was. I wouldn't even go into public it was that bad.

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/05/2015 6:25 pm

Here is how clear my face was just 5 months ago

Edit: wont upload my pic!!

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/05/2015 6:31 pm

Atleast you're on the most curative treatment now! So you likely won't have to deal with the acne much longer. I have to admit though, I don't hear of many males getting severe acne in the early twenties, usually hormones start to calm down by then~

MemberMember
(@burritolift)

Posted : 07/05/2015 11:30 pm

So looking bad, I had to think about how the hell this severe, inflamed acne came upon me. My diet didn't change, my life style didn't change. However, I did get a new job & I was taking fish oil, zinc, and vitamin D. Now, some of you are thinking that there's no way those 3 supplements caused my cystic acne. But let me tell you this, ever since I started taking those that's when all hell broke loose. My new job was working in the kitchen making pizza in an extremely hot open oven. I have had breakouts in the past due to being around extreme heat in a restaurant so this may be the cause.

When im in the sun or any where it is really hot and i start sweating i tend to break out a lot. I too weight train and something that has helped me is washing my face before going to the gym. Hope all goes well

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/06/2015 1:46 am

When im in the sun or any where it is really hot and i start sweating i tend to break out a lot. I too weight train and something that has helped me is washing my face before going to the gym. Hope all goes well

I don't think weight lifting has gotten me acne. It never has & I've been working out for 4 years. If you saw my pic was acne was really inflamed so something out of the ordinary triggered it due to it appearing so rapidly.

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/06/2015 5:42 pm

Anyone else???

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 07/06/2015 7:29 pm

Sorry to hear about your outbreak.

I have heard of people getting acne from fish oil pills, especially if they are not of high quality they can even be rancid. What type were you taking?

Never heard of zinc or vitamin d causing acne but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

And you didn't change your diet at all?

MemberMember
(@mysterygirl19)

Posted : 07/07/2015 11:13 am

I have some kind of bumps that won't go away , and they don't come to a head. I've been using benzoyl peroxide gel 10%. I can't figure out what the bumps are. They don't itch or hurt. They recently became irritated and started to itch after I have been using the gel. I need help too

MemberMember
(@jewl495)

Posted : 07/07/2015 11:47 am

Fish oil is great for acne but sometimes it contains iodine which is a huge problem with acne prone skin. Biotin is another thing you have to look for and avoid in your supplements. There are so many variables that play into triggering acne without having a complete knowledge of your lifestyle, foods, outside sources that potentially clog pores etc its hard to pinpoint what needs to change. I hope the accutane works for you. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jadefence)

Posted : 07/07/2015 8:38 pm

I have moderate acne. I completely cut milk out of my diet two months ago. I started drinking lots of water. I used apple cider vinegar. It began getting clearer. My face is not sensitive, but I was so desperate to get rid of this horrible flare up all along my jaw line that I was using baking soda, lemon, benzoyl wash trying to give myself a chemical peel. I know this is horrible to do I just thought my skin could take it. So I guess it flared up because I was completely stripping it of its oils. I began using acnomel and it completely cleared up. now, around my period, as usual my face flares up. Devastating because I had worked SK hard and finally got it clear for the first time in eight years. I was crushed. now, using acnomel every night desperate I don't know what j did to my cysts and deep acne, but once they popped, they became flat and huge huge red circles formed around them and became painful. I look like I have some sort of skin disease now. I'll try and post a pic, but it is scaley and flaky. I washed my face gently and the spot began bleeding so I put triple antibiotic ointment with pain reliever on it. Mind you two days ago I started putting lavender and rose hip oil on and it seemed to help some, at least not making it worse. I also put some ice on for a little. The red pigmentation around the spot is undeniable. I have an obgyn appt tomorrow to get on some sort of birth control. I was on OrthoEvra patch for maybe two and a half years. Worked great for acne. I stopped taking it a year ago. I also want to get on spironalactone. Help me ;((( I stopped everything except washing with water. Gently and a little of that oil at night.

post-477939-0-21141800-1436319459_thumb.

post-477939-0-25899400-1436319487_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aklifter)

Posted : 07/09/2015 4:02 am

Sorry to hear about your outbreak.

I have heard of people getting acne from fish oil pills, especially if they are not of high quality they can even be rancid. What type were you taking?

Never heard of zinc or vitamin d causing acne but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

And you didn't change your diet at all?

I am taking fish oil pills by Kroger I believe. I have taken fish oil in the past (different brand) and never had problems. I have started drinking milk again but never thought it would cause this bad of an acne break out. Or can it?

Fish oil is great for acne but sometimes it contains iodine which is a huge problem with acne prone skin. Biotin is another thing you have to look for and avoid in your supplements. There are so many variables that play into triggering acne without having a complete knowledge of your lifestyle, foods, outside sources that potentially clog pores etc its hard to pinpoint what needs to change. I hope the accutane works for you. Good luck!

Accutane is going well so far. No side effects except for dry lips. I've read so many reviews on how people get all these side-effects, emotional changes, less energy, ect. If anything I am feeling better because my acne is getting better LOL. Accutane is a great drug.