Notifications
Clear all

Yazmin Hell - (The Pill Crisis)

MemberMember
(@lyralyralyra)

Posted : 07/05/2015 6:52 am

This is a warning to any young women who are thinking of taking birth control to help their acne, or birth control in general in my personal opinion, for overall health and vitality.

I started taking yazmin because I needed birth control, and I also told my doctor I wanted something for my acne. She said that because yazmin had anti androgen effect, it would help tackle my acne because acne is caused by too many male sex hormones and an over production of oil on the face.

Anyway, everything went great! I didn't get pregnant, and my skin went from a little spotty, to completely clear! It was a miracle! Or so I thought....

Fast forward two years, I get out of my relationship with my partner, and notice that I want to lose a bit of weight, So I come off yazmin for the first time, everything went fine for the first 6 months, a few breakouts here and there but nothing I couldn't handle, then after 5 months, bang!! Acne, everywhere, forehead chin, cheeks, back, bum, even on my arms!! Way way way worse than I had ever had it before, even in my teenage years, I would pray to have my old skin, with a few pimples, back :'(

It kind of slowed down a bit and was mainly focused on my jawline and my cheeks (normal hormonal acne).... But it was still everywhere and I was scarring.... I had just got into a new relationship, when we got together I was alright, but now I was just a pizza face... And the worst thing was, I didn't know what had caused it!!

I asked my doctor if yazmin was the problem, and she told me that it was out of my system after 6 months.... I did some research and found out loads of other girls had had this problem, turns out, 6 months after the last pill is taken (or there abouts), your body starts producing the androgens you apwere suppressing, but they usually come back with a vengeance!! I was stuck though... So depressed...

So I wend back on to the pill, just because I wanted to get some peace of mind back, I was going absolutely nuts, I know it wasn't a sane decision, but there was a lot going on in my life at the time and I was nearly in hospital with unhappiness, so... (Turns out that was probably this pills fault too)

Took it for another year, getting more depressed, nice clear skin though!... :/ lost my libido, got bloated an heavy... Have now spent 5 months weaning myself off the pill slowly... And now I've been off for two months, the breakouts have started!!! I am in a stronger place than I was then, and have lots of information on how to deal with my skin... (P.s I used acne.org regimen and it helped loads, planning to use it again)

I will be posting here with updates on my skin thought the year, I hope to one day sue bayer (e company that produces yazmin)

Share your pill horror story here.

MemberMember
(@jennjennjenn)

Posted : 07/06/2015 9:29 pm

I was prescribed Yasmin and didn't end up taking it yet. I'm really grateful that you posted this, since I probably would have started taking this.

I'm so sorry you had to so through all of this, but thank you for sharing this information with us.

MemberMember
(@lyralyralyra)

Posted : 07/08/2015 3:25 am

I'm so glad you're not taking it, really I am, if I can just stop one girl from taking hormonal birth control, it's enough for me.

Look into veganism and how animal meats have steroids and hormones in them, also dairy has lots of hormones too, look into natural supplements like DIM and vitex castus, and a liver supplement of some kind.

A few really helpful websites/people to check out if you are experiencing hormonal acne are -

Fran form high on health

Miri carbundance on youtube

The love vitamin

Avoid hormonal contraceptives like the plague....

MemberMember
(@lyralyralyra)
MemberMember
(@lyralyralyra)

Posted : 08/16/2015 7:41 am

So, it's been a month or so and the acne is defo coming back pretty much just as strong as it would have done if I had just come off the pill straight away. This time the spots seem to be much much deeper knotting cysts than the last time, along side a while host of little tiny bumps that are basically just whitheads/small pimples because my skin is now so fucking oily.

In a way I'm glad... I have a problem with picking and squeezing, and hyper-pigmentation is my biggest pet peeve, having really deep knotting cystic acne is repelling me from wanting to squeeze them, I know the deeper the pimple, the longer the scar lasts if you pop it, leave it alone and it will probably be gone within a week or two max. What a thing to rejoice over eh....

The little ones don't bother me so much if I pick them, at worst Ill have some pigmentation for a month, and it kind of looks like I've got freckles.

Sigh... I'm due my 5th period since coming off the pill completely in appx 4 days, maybe less.

I am thinking about trying out a supplement called estroblock, I know a girl who took it for her hormonal acne and it cleared up within a couple of months. The thing is you have to take it with a liver detox herb as-well, to help your body detox the synthetic estrogen out of your system.

For now, here's a picture of what my acne looks like, it's similar on my back, although I have 5-6 knotts on my back. You can't see the big cysts under my skin on this, but let me assure you... this is shit coming out of my body, I can feel it, this aint' no blocked pore.

Aug 16th 2015