Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar - Lets See How It Goes

MemberMember
(@waternymph)

Posted : 07/05/2015 2:12 am

Background - recently my skins been going haywire, a combo of stress (which leads to picking), hot weather, and a distrupted regime left my skin the worst it had been in a long while. With the introduction of a mild cleanser, its calmed down massively, yet when i washed my face, I could feel the clogged pores on my forehead, around my mouth/smile lines was the same. These don't typically bother me but occasionally one will turn into a full blown pimple, which lasts for a week. Hell no. So I've decided to take action. Apple Cider Vinegar. Anyone who' looked up natural cures for acne will have seen this product, and all its claims all over the internet. I'm desperate, so I'm giving it a shot. I'm aware it can cause purging, but my skin needs it. I started this the day I broke up from college for a 2 month summer break, so I can become a recluse until this purging phase is over. I'm desperate, so I'm giving it a shot. Diluted 1:1 with water, (however my skin seems to be able to handle it neat also) this is how it fits into my routine.

AM : if im going out - Apply my acv toner, wait 20 mins or so, gentle cleanse, effaclar duo, sunscreen.

AM : if I'm staying in - gentle cleanse, acv toner, effaclar duo

PM: cleanse (exfoliate alternate nights), acv toner, benozyl peroxide 5%

I take 1 cap ful with water, twice daily. My water intake is 1.8l (I weigh 50kg). Here goes nothing.

Day 5: I'm purging, no surprise there. 5 or 6 new pimples. My face looks kinda a mess, but they aren't my usual pimples. Usually my forehead pimples are deep, inflamed and tender. With these the redness is localised, after a day i can push out the core, which is solid. It scabs an then goes in a day or so. I'm telling myself these are the months old clogs coming out of my skin. More pimples around my smile lines, I've heard that's to do with digestion, i don't really know? One thing I have noticed is when I cleanse, my forehead feels much much smoother. That's something I suppose. I just wonder how long this purging will last, every morning I'm waking up with a new pimple. I'm hoping its 2 weeks at the most. I refuse to give up like I usually do, I'm just waiting for these to go down. Hyperpigmention is fading (woooo!) and my skin condition is looking better overall. I shall keep you all updated daily.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/05/2015 8:55 am

ACV is overhyped,in my experience. But I hope it works for you.

MemberMember
(@adren077)

Posted : 07/10/2015 11:30 pm

I'm also using an acv toner right now so I hope it works out for you!

MemberMember
(@hldsuwa)

Posted : 07/15/2015 3:19 am

I used ACV tonner for a month and it didn't help sorry.

MemberMember
(@beckyfitzxo)

Posted : 07/15/2015 5:00 am

I suddenly encountere dadult back and chest acne about 2 months ago. They started off about 5 or 6 pimples but continued to get worse and worse - im not sure what this was down to as my routine didnt change so I guess it was a sudden hormone imbalance. The doctor put me on tetracycline which made it even worse, i read about ACV on an online forum on acne.org and after trying everything else i thought i would give it a go!!! ITS A MIRACLE! I have only been using it around 3 days (1 tbsp diluted in water in the morning and the same at night), also diluted as a toner 1:1 and rubbed on acne morning and night followed by 5% benzolyn peroxide! WOW what amazing results my near 40+ spots on my back and chest have cleared almost fully (just a few blemishes to go)!

I had nearly given up hope of find a cure and my confidence was rock bottom. I can see the results happening in front of my eyes! I am going to continue drinking ACV as the health benefits are great. I am also cutting out dairy as this may also be an irritant for me.

I will tell anyone to try it! but be careful it is very drying and and could irritate sensitive skin if over used as a toner.

GIVE IT A GO!! GOOD LUCK!

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 07/16/2015 11:06 am

So? how is it going?