Notifications
Clear all

Conglobata

MemberMember
(@unhappysoul)

Posted : 07/04/2015 5:12 pm

Hello everyone,Last week i finally went to my doctors after suffering from acne on my back, chest and face for about 2 years. I have tried a lot in those 2 years in the hope i would cure it myself. I dont have severe acne, nor deep, but it is very visible and scars are mainly dark spots. My back is the most severe, together with my cheeks. I have tried Retin A cream for a few months, and it did not really help. Finally I took the effort to go to my doctor. He told me I had acne conglobata, which is not common for women. He gave me a prescription for Erythromycin Oral antibiotics 2x a day 200 mg, together with Differin gel. I have had some zits come up, and some were so white, that i popped them open, to relief the itchyness. I am trying to find someone who has or has had the exact same condition as I do, so I can learn how to cope with it, as well as understand what has helped for them. I also would like to change my diet, to improve it myself, so let me know if anyone has some tips!Also, what treatment has helped you people with removing the dark spots? Greetings,A very unhappy woman who needs some help!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/05/2015 10:45 am

Hello everyone,Last week i finally went to my doctors after suffering from acne on my back, chest and face for about 2 years. I have tried a lot in those 2 years in the hope i would cure it myself. I dont have severe acne, nor deep, but it is very visible and scars are mainly dark spots. My back is the most severe, together with my cheeks. I have tried Retin A cream for a few months, and it did not really help. Finally I took the effort to go to my doctor. He told me I had acne conglobata, which is not common for women. He gave me a prescription for Erythromycin Oral antibiotics 2x a day 200 mg, together with Differin gel. I have had some zits come up, and some were so white, that i popped them open, to relief the itchyness. I am trying to find someone who has or has had the exact same condition as I do, so I can learn how to cope with it, as well as understand what has helped for them. I also would like to change my diet, to improve it myself, so let me know if anyone has some tips!Also, what treatment has helped you people with removing the dark spots? Greetings,A very unhappy woman who needs some help!

&nbsp

If you search the forums for acne conglobata, you will find others with the same type of acne to exchange feedback. Don't despair. There was a user (I think Matt something...) who posted motivational videos and also shared some tips for coping with acne conglobata.

As far as diet goes, unfortunately, since conglobata is one of the rarest forms of acne, there isn't that much research on its possible connection to diet. You could post on the diet & holistic health forum to see if anyone has any ideas. Conglobata could be the result of internal inflammation, and your body just responds differently (i.e. not by producing"regular" acne/ cystic/ etc).

In any case, an anti-inflammatory diet could help, but if your acne is more severe that might not be enough.