Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Not Working?

MemberMember
(@jh92)

Posted : 07/02/2015 4:10 am

Ive been on accutane for 18weeks currently taking 60mg a day my face was totally clear between week 9 - 14 but suddenly Im gettin cystic ance on both my cheeks? It's very painful and makes me feel uncomfortable going on nights on etc.

I only have 6weeks left of accutane does this mean it hasn't worked? Should I take another round of accutane? If that's what my derm suggests.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 07/03/2015 1:46 pm

hello man im kinda in ur same position i keep breaking out and clearing like i'll have 2 bad weeks then one cool week and so on and so onit's a weird drug ....i mean in first course i never had this problem ...so you see it doesnt even work the same time twice in the same personi think first of all you should talk to ur derm ....he is the one with the MDsecond of all ....iMO .....i think you should stick with it and if you keep breaking out by the end ...you can extend your course or have another onebut hopefully you'll be clear by thenPS: see if you changed something in the last couple weeks ....like a new product ...or a new food like dairy ....just dont get obssesed about itgood luck and try to enjoy life

Jh92 liked
MemberMember
(@jh92)

Posted : 07/04/2015 1:09 am

I went to see my derm yest he has put me down to 40mg he thinks the 60mg might be too high and irrating my face so hopefully in a few weeks I'll start to notice a difference.. I will be on the course for an extra 21days now to get the maximum amount of accutane for my weight.. I haven't changed anything that's the strange thing! Derm asked if ive had any infections in my body or if ive been stressed but I feel fine the only time I get abit run down is when a cyst appears they're so painful. Good luck to you :)