Notifications
Clear all

In Hell; Cortisone Injections Making Acne Cysts Worse. Something Is Wrong With My Immune System.

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 07/01/2015 12:32 pm

There are a few things wrong.

I have had cystic acne since age 13 (15 years now). Since age 18 I have been on cycles of accutane, then aldactone, doxycycline (the most successful, till my skin became tolerant of it, and bactrim. I have not been on acne drugs of any type for about nine to six months now, except a round of fluconazole in the spring. Just gave up. They all seemed to make the acne worse.

In the last year I have grown accustomed to irregular periods following a rhinoplasty with a synthetic implant that seemed to have settled about 12 months after rhino.

I had it removed in December 2014 and and it seems whatever was growing in there is now loose in my skin and wherever the implant was...it's horrible. I had mostly gotten my skin under control, too.

I think my skin and gut are full of yeast.

I don't use hair products and only use Suave Clarifying Shampoo. Can no longer use dandruff shampoo or Nizoral shampoo without horrific breakouts like this one (and used it recently.

I no longer have irregular periods, my gut is always bloated, and finally, after menstruating (hadn't menstruated for the last...two months), I got my period, and my face has broken out horribly.

For the last two weeks I've been trying to get rid of the cysts that erupted all over my forehead with cortisone injections, and

the next day, I get cysts in an area next to the injection site the next or the cysts won't go away. I have cysts and acne marks all over.

I'm so tired of this. I want a normal human face, a normal gut, a normal immune system and a normal menstrual cycle and somehow everything I've done--all the antibiotics, all the supplements I try to kill the acne--made it impossible.

I don't know what to do, especially since the tissue ingrowth left by the implant now seems to be reacting like crazy.

I suspect yeast in my skin is the cause of the acne, but cortisone injections don't work--what am I supposed to do, y'know?

Do I go on birth control? Do I continue to do nothing, maybe take probiotics (I took candidase and the breakouts were horrible)? Accutane?

This is impacting all aspects of my life and makes me not want to leave my apartment.

I am now using ivory soap to wash my face, salicylic acid, and Mario Badescu Buffering lotion.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/01/2015 2:06 pm

my heart goes out to you- so consider yourself hugged, a big hughow is your diet? ditch dairy for 30 days and see what happens, if no change then ditch gluten for 30 days and see what happens...those were big triggers for meI was on Accutane only once, 7 months of hell with an IB that left me with a pile of scars and NEVER stopped...so I've been working on my dietif you have candida, then there are a ton of sites for that, or leaky gut, look that up and think about making and drinking bone broth regularly....but clean up your diet, no more processed foods ever and try to minimize sugarnot sure about the ivory soap, I use a tea tree oil wash, I'm a SA fan as well and I like the buffering lotionsounds like your hormones really could be whacked- can you afford to have your vitamin and mineral and hormone levels checked? and I take it aldactone is spiro right? that works well for many women- perhaps it may work for you now as things have likely changeddon't give up, we are here to support you! but do some positive things, clean up your diet, try to heal your gut, and if you can afford it, get some testing done...food allergies too if you can afford itwishing you luck

MemberMember
(@newmember16)

Posted : 07/01/2015 3:13 pm

I am very upset to here this , it makes me feel selfish for moaning about 6 pimples . However you have been on a lot of medication for a long time , this is not good for anyone . I think you should see a dermatologist and think about a chemical peel or skin resurfacing as cystic acne is very deep bacteria under the skin I hope it gets better

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/01/2015 4:22 pm

There are a few things wrong.

I have had cystic acne since age 13 (15 years now). Since age 18 I have been on cycles of accutane, then aldactone, doxycycline (the most successful, till my skin became tolerant of it, and bactrim. I have not been on acne drugs of any type for about nine to six months now, except a round of fluconazole in the spring. Just gave up. They all seemed to make the acne worse.

In the last year I have grown accustomed to irregular periods following a rhinoplasty with a synthetic implant that seemed to have settled about 12 months after rhino.

I had it removed in December 2014 and and it seems whatever was growing in there is now loose in my skin and wherever the implant was...it's horrible. I had mostly gotten my skin under control, too.

I think my skin and gut are full of yeast.

I don't use hair products and only use Suave Clarifying Shampoo. Can no longer use dandruff shampoo or Nizoral shampoo without horrific breakouts like this one (and used it recently.

I no longer have irregular periods, my gut is always bloated, and finally, after menstruating (hadn't menstruated for the last...two months), I got my period, and my face has broken out horribly.

For the last two weeks I've been trying to get rid of the cysts that erupted all over my forehead with cortisone injections, and

the next day, I get cysts in an area next to the injection site the next or the cysts won't go away. I have cysts and acne marks all over.

I'm so tired of this. I want a normal human face, a normal gut, a normal immune system and a normal menstrual cycle and somehow everything I've done--all the antibiotics, all the supplements I try to kill the acne--made it impossible.

I don't know what to do, especially since the tissue ingrowth left by the implant now seems to be reacting like crazy.

I suspect yeast in my skin is the cause of the acne, but cortisone injections don't work--what am I supposed to do, y'know?

Do I go on birth control? Do I continue to do nothing, maybe take probiotics (I took candidase and the breakouts were horrible)? Accutane?

This is impacting all aspects of my life and makes me not want to leave my apartment.

I am now using ivory soap to wash my face, salicylic acid, and Mario Badescu Buffering lotion.

Hi - What do you mean by irregular periods after a rhinoplasty? I thought at first you were referring to your menstrual cycle, but you said that you had no more irregular periods AND you menstruated after 2 months (which means you do have irregular menstrual periods), so you must be referring to something different than menstruation when you're talking about "periods"?

In any case - have you had your thyroid checked recently? The bloating, coupled with the skin issues and the irregular period hints at either a thyroid/parathyroid/adrenal issue, or possibly an endocrine issue (or both).