Notifications
Clear all

Msm Cream For Acne Scar?

MemberMember
(@jessicap89)

Posted : 06/30/2015 7:45 pm

For years now I have had a little bit of scaring on both my cheeks. I have a few scars that are a cross between ice pick and box. They aren't too deep because I can see the bottom of the scar and stuff, but still deep enough and big enough to notice.I keep reading things about msm cream and it helping acne scars. I was curious if anyone has experience with trying msm and it either helped them or didn't?

MemberMember
(@kaleighmr3)

Posted : 07/01/2015 8:13 pm

I am interested also!

I have had huge acne breakouts of and I'm the last year and a half, and still suffer from hyperpigmentstion. Also, some are what I think are scars, but unsure. Not to mention closed comedones I canot seem to get rid of!

Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@mathslover)

Posted : 07/20/2015 3:58 am

Any views on how msm worked on anyone? I have shallow icepick scars and they are 1.5 yrs old ..... Please help

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 07/20/2015 7:04 pm

You'd have to do something else to trigger repair. The MSM cream in theory would help it heal. So if you do dermastamp/rolling and start applying the cream a week or two later. Just putting cream of any kind on alone wont do much for scarring.

I bought the cream but decided against it. It made my skin spotty and I had extremely uneven skin tone. I researched it a bit and that happens to some people with this cream. There was a topic on this site about a guy who ended up with brown spots/pigmentation issues from just applying the cream with no other treatment. I've also seen reviews saying their scars got worse, probably a discoloration issue. It doesn't seem to be highly effective, I didnt like the tone issue, and there are too many rumors of bad reactions for my taste. I gave it to my mother for her joints.

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 05/30/2016 1:56 pm

It does work, don't worry. However, for some people MSM Cream didn't seem to work for them when I read the reviews of the product on Amazon. Still, it's rated 4 stars, which is good, because that means it worked for over half people. I tried it myself, and my pitted scars at that time, faded in a month. It also helps for hyper pigmentation. Every skin is different though, but I think it will work for you. $6-7 online at Amazon, and available in your local store. Pretty good at softening your skin too.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:11 pm

lol no cream is gonna help actual scars . do not listen to the person above me . save yourself the 12 bucks

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:24 pm

14 minutes ago, ScarFace6556 said:

lol no cream is gonna help actual scars . do not listen to the person above me . save yourself the 12 bucks

So your disagreeing with 80% of the Amazon reviews online? I know it seems unrealistic, but it does work, but not for everyone. That cream helps rebuild skin collagen, which grows back cells from the dead ones that cause pitted scars. This creates new cells that fills them and leads to a "fuller" face, though it will be difficult for deep scars.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 3:35 pm

1 hour ago, MichelleNeko357 said:
So your disagreeing with 80% of the Amazon reviews online? I know it seems unrealistic, but it does work, but not for everyone. That cream helps rebuild skin collagen, which grows back cells from the dead ones that cause pitted scars. This creates new cells that fills them and leads to a "fuller" face, though it will be difficult for deep scars.

oh my goodness. you are so right! people are so silly spending thousands for scar treatments when we could all buy msm cream from walmart for 12 bucks. shame on us

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 05/30/2016 9:49 pm

6 hours ago, ScarFace6556 said:
7 hours ago, MichelleNeko357 said:

oh my goodness. you are so right! people are so silly spending thousands for scar treatments when we could all buy msm cream from walmart for 12 bucks. shame on us

Except doesn't work on everyone.  For most people works thought.

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 05/31/2016 4:40 am

No topical help actual scars. I'm sorry. U have to use it in conjunction withother treatments. Maybe only cop2x but I never try it plus it's been a long time since people don't talk about it here. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/31/2016 2:16 pm

On 30/05/2016 at 7:56 PM, MichelleNeko357 said:
It does work, don't worry. However, for some people MSM Cream didn't seem to work for them when I read the reviews of the product on Amazon. Still, it's rated 4 stars, which is good, because that means it worked for over half people. I tried it myself, and my pitted scars at that time, faded in a month. It also helps for hyper pigmentation. Every skin is different though, but I think it will work for you. $6-7 online at Amazon, and available in your local store. Pretty good at softening your skin too.

Having read your earlier posts I can see that:

- you can't seem to decide whether you are 13 or 15 years old
- you created a thread the other day asking whether MSM would work on your nose because you "know someone who has used it"
- days later you are categorically stating that MSM cream works and that your scars faded after a month of use

So, you are either assuming that the product works based on what Amazon reviews say rather than your own experience or you are flat-out lying.

Either way, I'm afraid your remarks have no credibility.

MemberMember
(@crackroadster)

Posted : 05/31/2016 3:17 pm

MsM cream is an effective treatment for arthritis, which is why there are so many reviews on amazon. It's anti inflammatory effects may have some residual benefit to reducing hyperpigmentation after inflammation from acne, but these are not structural scars. For indented scars MsM cream will have NO EFFECT, nor will any other purely topical product. The only treatment for indented scars is to deal repeated, controllable damage, e.g dermarolling, to the skin in order to induce a healing response from the body, which will include the production of collagen (which will "fill-in" the scar). It is worth considering that collagen is produced naturally during skin cell turnover and therefore scars may fill in, to a degree, over time depending on the depth and your age.

Its worth remembering that scars continue to heal for 10-22 months after redness fades. So keep them moist usingvaseline and always apply sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 05/31/2016 11:27 pm

9 hours ago, Paul B said:

- you created a thread the other day asking whether MSM would work on your nose because you "know someone who has used it"
- days later you are categorically stating that MSM cream works and that your scars faded after a month of use

So, you are either assuming that the product works based on what Amazon reviews say rather than your own experience or you are flat-out lying.

That's because the account is shared with my 2 sisters. My 13 year old one is suffering from hyper pigmentation. My 15 year old one is the one considering using MSM Cream, because she knows I used it and it worked for me. I'm the oldest one. There are no rules stating that we can't have shared accounts on acne.org. My younger sisters don't have emails. And I don't see why I need to bother withmentioning this account is shared, because most peoplewouldn'tquestionit, unless they decided to snoop on my account.

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 05/31/2016 11:49 pm

On 6/1/2016 at 3:16 AM, Paul B said:

Look, I appreciate that your trying to make sure everyone is following the rules and all that. But I wish you could learn to respect people's privacy and don't make irresponsible questions without further proof. I understand that you find MSM Cream working for me hard to believe, but please check the reviews, most, though not all are good.
[MRM MSM Cream with Vitamin A & D - 4 Oz.]

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/01/2016 12:14 am

lol @ this thread..to the OP dont bother wasting your time with this cream.

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 06/01/2016 2:02 am

1 hour ago, ScarFace6556 said:

lol @ this thread..to the OP dont bother wasting your time with this cream.

If that is what you think, I suppose I can't blame you. There are a bunch of unlucky people in this world after all. Not your fault stuff doesn't work for you. You have my support.

MemberMember
(@crackroadster)

Posted : 06/01/2016 5:54 am

On 6/1/2016 at 10:49 AM, MichelleNeko357 said:

Look, I appreciate that your trying to make sure everyone is following the rules and all that. But I wish you could learn to respect people's privacy and don't make irresponsible questions without further proof. I understand that you find MSM Cream working for me hard to believe, but please check the reviews, most, though not all are good.
https://www.amazon.com/MRM-MSM-Cream-Net-Wt/dp/B000WSEU74/
http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/MRM-MSM-Cream-4-oz/9040/?p=1

Strange that with all those people's acne scars being cured by this cream, the department of dermatology at my residency still spends millions each year researching treatments. Why is it, that with all the hundreds of people's success stories, there is not a single before and after picture on the web that can be found?. Because it doesn't work.....at least not physically. It's an illusion. The whole point of the cream is to improve the appearance of your skin, the most important substance i can find in the ingredients is dimethicone. This is a silicon based smoother, specifically designed to fill in imperfections and give the appearance of smooth skin. Combine this with a moisturiser and you have a recipe for plump, improved scars. This is all well and good if you plan on using the cream for the rest of your life to keep up these effects, but as soon as you stop using it, your scars will go back to what they were like before you started using it. I understand that people grasp at straws when they have few choices, but please stop spreading misinformation.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 06/01/2016 5:58 am

Rather than keep pointing us towards the Amazon reviews, we'd rather hear more about you, your situation and how it helped. ie. a description of what your scars were like and how long you had them for. Basically, you're saying "trust me, it works - and 80% of Amazon reviewers can't be wrong". We know nothing about you (other than that you have two sisters) and that you supposedly had "pitted" scars that went away after a month of using this cream.

This is a subject that has been discussed before and has a lot of skepticismtowards it as you can see. You're going to have to put forward a stronger argument in order to talk us round.