Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me Someone

MemberMember
(@evelinn)

Posted : 06/29/2015 6:04 pm

I'm a fourteen year old girl, going into highschool in two months.

I've been plagued by severe acne since I was 12, but thankfully it has mostly cleared up. The remnants are mostly moderate acne scars, and both of my cheeks are infested with red marks. There isn't an inch of clear skin.

The kids at school, they call me crater face, Freddy Krueger, pizzaface, greaseball, you name it. The only treatment in my area for my erythema is pulsed dye lasers, and with the severity of my condition, can exceed $2,000. I can't afford it.

I have to go into highschool like this again. I don't know if I can endure any more comments. There's no treatment left for my skin, and it takes years to completely clear up 100%.

I am trapped. I don't want to spend the rest of my summer cooped up in my bedroom crying. Somebody please help me, I'm battling all of this on my own.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 06/29/2015 8:40 pm

okay can you do this for us, can you post a picture? not a full face but the area you think is the worst part

then we can better help you....there are some cheaper things you can do but really getting a look at it will help us help you

hang in there

MemberMember
(@cassie88)

Posted : 06/30/2015 5:06 am

I have been in a similar situation, at school I was called these names. When I look back I realise how awful kids at school are and they do this to you to simply make themselves feel better/superior when in actual fact they are pathetic. There are things I regret from that time: Giving up on finding a solution/treatment for my skin - there are always ways to speed up the healing process and as the previous post says can you post a picture of a patch of your skin and we can use our years of first hand experience to help. Another thing I regret is letting these b*stards get to me. You need to find a second environment that you can go to outside of school where you will not have to put up with these comments - maybe ju-jitsu/dance etc even gaming or something that lets you meet other people and promotes your CONFIDENCE and lets you forget about your skin. Staying in your room all the time will make things worse because thats all you're exposed to in the outside world and it turns you into a recluse like it did with me. Confidence is armor.

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 06/30/2015 5:21 pm

You've got this! I know how painful it feels and certainly those other people at school make it ten times worse, but trust me, you can do this. Rely on us for support. Thankfully, high school doesn't last for long..

MemberMember
(@jamiesatch2)

Posted : 07/01/2015 5:44 pm

People made very similar comments to me in school. Just remember that these people don't have your feelings at heart. In turn, try not to take their feelings to heart either. :)

MemberMember
(@evelinn)

Posted : 07/01/2015 10:16 pm

Thank you everyone. :) knowing I have people here for me, strangers or not, makes a huge difference.

This is my skin:

post-476409-70318_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 07/03/2015 1:55 pm

Evelinn- awesome job being confident and putting your skin out there! Let me tell you that it's not bad at ALL. I am not invalidating that it still makes you feel insecure, but you have beautiful skin.

MemberMember
(@heych)

Posted : 07/04/2015 3:24 am

Your skin doesn't look bad at all! I think we always think our acne is worse than it actually is because we look in the mirror and analyze every small detail... i know those hurtful comments other people make can really hurt, but you need to be strong... you're still young and i'm sure your acne will be gone in no time! Have you tried the acne.org regime? My skin looked worse than yours only 2 months ago and today i'm completely clear... it's definetly worth trying.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/04/2015 7:11 am

You need to clear your active acne first. Find a derm that will give you accutane. Then go to a esthetician and get some peels/IPL done. Cheaper option than laser.

MemberMember
(@evelinn)

Posted : 07/07/2015 1:13 am

I only have a few pimples, though. Thank you for your help but I don't think accutane would be the best option for me right now. Besides, I couldn't afford it even I needed it. There's no IPL treatment in my area, I live in a very small town.

Usually I'm a very hopeful person but I'm starting to spiral downwards and my skin is just getting worse. I'm hanging from a single thread :(

And to everyone else who commented, thank you very much! I can't even begin to fathom how much kindness there is in the acne.org community.

MemberMember
(@uglypoop)

Posted : 07/13/2015 9:53 am

YOUR SKIN IS NOT THAT BAD, TRUST ME

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 07/16/2015 8:03 am

Your skin isn't bad at all. Have you noticed any increase in acne when you eat certain food? I would cut dairy, gluten, and refined sugars and see how it goes.

See my recent post.

Also, I think dermarolling will heal your skin.

MemberMember
(@megancm09)

Posted : 07/20/2015 9:43 pm

YOURE SKIN IS NOT BAD IT LOOKS AMAZING AND HEALTHY. I WISH I HAD YOUR SKIN. DONT WORRY ABOUT RUDE PEOPLE YOURE GONNA DO AMAZING GOOD LUCK x

MemberMember
(@robert6524)

Posted : 07/21/2015 3:01 am

Acne is tough, especially when your transitioning into high school . Everybody wants to have a cool high school experience and not having to worry about having bumps in your face . Trust me been there done that. It sucks . My friends and even family would make fun of me. They would call me similar names like pizza face, the moon , greaseball , etc etc. People are extremely cruel . Especially when they are ignorant and have no idea what we people that suffer from acne have to go through on a daily basis . So much emotional pain that flows through you it's unbarable , but don't let acne and these people get to you. Please don't. Your a strong girl and don't ever lose hope. I'm pretty sure you will get through this and rock high school . I saw the picture you shared and your acne does not look bad at all ! I wish my skin was that clear when I was in high school . But hey good luck and don't give up ! You are not the only one going through this just remember that !