Notifications
Clear all

Makeup Help

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 06/29/2015 11:14 am

Hi guys I'm suffering from an acne breakout which is minute compared to what I used to look like in the past but I just feel like everyone is staring straight at my acne. It is hurting me just as much as it was before. I break out when it is that time of the month so right now my face has decided to be worse than normal. Now when I put makeup on my skin looks flaky. I use mostiruizer and a primer before putting on oil free foundation and concealer. Is there something else I should be doing? This is what my acne looks like covered up with makeup. If you have any tips for clearing up acne during that time of the month I would be glad for those as well. I'm not sure whether I should go back to the derm, I haven't been there in months and this is the worst my acne has gotten or whether to go to the doctors and get on birth control. I use over the counter products with BP and that has seemed to work really well. And tips for applying my makeup without looking flaky would be great as well. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/29/2015 2:22 pm

MOD EDIT

*Moved to cosmetics forum*

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 06/30/2015 3:26 pm

what brand of makeup are you using? some brands just look like that. especially if you try to put makeup over bp treatments, ive noticed.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/06/2015 8:46 am

what brand of makeup are you using? some brands just look like that. especially if you try to put makeup over bp treatments, ive noticed.

I've been using a tinted moisturizer because I thought that would help with the flakiness but it is still apparent. I'm using a Rimmel London one is there one that is better? I just wish my acne was gone because then I wouldn't have to use makeup haha.

MemberMember
(@jessicasaysmeow1)

Posted : 07/08/2015 11:20 am

When I have a healing pimple that I need to hide, this is what I do. I make sure it is not an open wound and completely scabbed over. Then I put a little bit of Neosporin on it to make the surface smooth. The I dab a TINY bit of concealer to reduce some of the redness. But don't gunk on concealer at this point. The last step will cover it completely. So then I dust on my mineral foundation powder on my whole face. The last thing I do is put some of the foundation powder on a Q-tip and dab it over the pimple. I found this really helps to cover it up without all the extra gunk! I used to be obsessed with caking on make up to hide my acne... concealer, liquid foundation, setting powder... but then at the end of the day it was all greasy and gunky and gross :( So I try to repeat my mantra as I put on my make up "Less is more!"

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 07/10/2015 2:49 pm

I've been using a tinted moisturizer because I thought that would help with the flakiness but it is still apparent. I'm using a Rimmel London one is there one that is better? I just wish my acne was gone because then I wouldn't have to use makeup haha.

ive had that problem with their bb cream and matte foundation (the only ones ive tried). right now im using covergirl ready set go foundation with loreal true match concealer and its working out really well. i know, i wish this acne was gone too so i could just go barefaced and not have to think about it at all.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/12/2015 8:20 am

ive had that problem with their bb cream and matte foundation (the only ones ive tried). right now im using covergirl ready set go foundation with loreal true match concealer and its working out really well. i know, i wish this acne was gone too so i could just go barefaced and not have to think about it at all.

Yes that would be great to go barefaced sometimes i think it is going to happen but then it never does. I put makeup on even when I'm not planning on going anywhere just on the off chance anyone who isn't in my family sees me. I just can't stand the way that they look.

Here is how they look today. Is it better? I just want to be sure. I'm sick of losing self confidence over acne. I just want to look in the mirror and see nothing. I don't know if that will ever happen lol. But I can hope.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 07/12/2015 4:37 pm

Yes that would be great to go barefaced sometimes i think it is going to happen but then it never does. I put makeup on even when I'm not planning on going anywhere just on the off chance anyone who isn't in my family sees me. I just can't stand the way that they look.

Here is how they look today. Is it better? I just want to be sure. I'm sick of losing self confidence over acne. I just want to look in the mirror and see nothing. I don't know if that will ever happen lol. But I can hope.

oh it doesnt look bad at all!!! if i had your skin it would feel like a huge weight was lifted off my sholders. i am almost kind of accepting of my acne anymore. i dont think anything of it when i see it on other people so i try to tell myself people arent judging me for it. i have some bad icepick scarring that really makes me self concious tho. people stare at it and i can almost hear them thinking eeewww. but im like you, wearing makeup all the time. my worst nightmare is when someone unexpectedly comes to the door and im not wearing any. i keep a compact powder, oil sheets and a mini primer in my pockets at all times when im out. i feel like i will never be free :(

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/12/2015 7:33 pm

oh it doesnt look bad at all!!! if i had your skin it would feel like a huge weight was lifted off my sholders. i am almost kind of accepting of my acne anymore. i dont think anything of it when i see it on other people so i try to tell myself people arent judging me for it. i have some bad icepick scarring that really makes me self concious tho. people stare at it and i can almost hear them thinking eeewww. but im like you, wearing makeup all the time. my worst nightmare is when someone unexpectedly comes to the door and im not wearing any. i keep a compact powder, oil sheets and a mini primer in my pockets at all times when im out. i feel like i will never be free :(

I always have concealer in my pocket. I think I'm doing too much to try and get rid of my acne I'm going to try and cut back a little and see if it helps. Plus I've been stressed and I have hormonal acne which doesn't help. I'm glad it doesn't look bad. I know what you mean. I always feel like people are staring at my pimples. Four more have just popped up and I'm like ugh just go away. I just want to look nice. I wish acne didn't exist for any of us. I definitely relate to people who have acne and don't judge them for it. It's not as though it is our fault we have it. I'm sure everyone has done everything they cold to try and get rid of acne. If you look at my gallery my acne used to be really bad and it's a lot better now. But I think everyone with acne is never truly happy until it is all gone. The summer months are always the worst for me. Sadly. I hope your acne gets better and thank you for the support and help.