Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lonelyman

CORTISONE shots leave indents, is this permanete?

hi i have undergo cortisone shot on acne last Oct 11 and it leave a dent scar, do you think somebody out there who has the same expereice that, will the scar fill-up since it is a month now...

It very likely could fill up. If not, it will probably get better.

I had the same experience a year ago. I got a few cortisone shots that left scars. But my derm was really unskilled. The scars the derm left are the worst ones.

It very likely could fill up.  If not, it will probably get better.

I had the same experience a year ago.  I got a few cortisone shots that left scars.  But my derm was really unskilled.  The scars the derm left are the worst ones.

My experience with cortisone injections is that the dents popped back up when I got the shots when I was in my teens and very early 20's by mid 20's when I got the shots the dents would not pop back up any more so when I got an injection and it left a dent it stayed. Now saline injections are helping those dents. See my post on this board on saline injections.

So how long did your cysts or scarring take to level out after you had cortisone shots?

I had a lump on my forehead (raised scar tissue) injected with a steriod that i believe was cortisone or similar and my derm said it would take about a month to level out, does this sound correct?

I have had a few cortisone injections, and although in all cases what I got injected was not extremely large (just stubborn) they completely leveled out after about 3-5 days.

Also, the first shot I got did leave a dent. It was by an OLD derm and I'm not even sure he could see what I was taking about, in any case it was my fault because there was really nothing there, I just thought a pimple was coming...most derms would never have injected that for me. Anyhow, this was about 2 years ago. After a few months it was barely noticeable, but the area to this day is still a little dark and every once in a while I can see it (although, like I said, it is still barely noticeable).

I have had a few cortisone injections, and although in all cases what I got injected was not extremely large (just stubborn) they completely leveled out after about 3-5 days.

Also, the first shot I got did leave a dent.  It was by an OLD derm and I'm not even sure he could see what I was taking about, in any case it was my fault because there was really nothing there, I just thought a pimple was coming...most derms would never have injected that for me.  Anyhow, this was about 2 years ago.  After a few months it was barely noticeable, but the area to this day is still a little dark and every once in a while I can see it (although, like I said, it is still barely noticeable).