Notifications
Clear all

Week 3 On Clavaris (Accutane)

MemberMember
(@battlewithacne)

Posted : 06/25/2015 2:30 pm

Hello,

This is my first post here to document my time on Clavaris.

I am a 21 year old Female who has been battling acne since I was 15. I have been on almost every other medication, prescription topical treatment, moisturizer, spot treatment, etc. and nothing has worked for me. It was time to finally just take the next step with Clavaris. I deal with acne on my face (my skin type is oily) and my back mostly with terrible shoulder scarring and breakouts and an occasional chest breakout.

I was started on Clavaris 3 weeks ago, taking 80 mg a day, 2 40 mg pills daily. From what I have read on this website that sounded high considering I saw people starting at only 20 mg daily.

So far, the only progress I see is the oily-ness of my skin has definitely toned down a lot. I find myself not needing to blot my face so much which is great. Although, the clarity of my skin has not improved. I have about 2 pimples with so much skin peeling from the dryness that is so red and painful. And when my skin is dry and flaky I have the terrible habit of peeling it because I can't stand to look at it. My current side effects include:

-chapped lips

-VERY dry nasal passages

-dry eyes when I wake up in the morning

-occasional headaches

-severe dryness around my nostrils and in my mouth/chin area

I am so down and discouraged because my face is a disaster and its so hard to think about the end result that is months away. If anyone who has gone through the clavaris treatment and had a positive end result please leave a comment of any tips and if it was worth it, in need of encouragement! I have my 1 month follow up on Friday so I will probably post how that goes and my start of month 2. Hoping this time flies by!

MemberMember
(@jaimieb94)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:02 pm

I haven't started my Accutane treatment yet (I have to wait the month to finish the iPledge protocol and get my second pregnancy test taken), but from all of the videos, blogs, and posts it seems like many people have the same experience their first month. It seems totally normal and I'm pretty sure that it takes the first month for the drug to fully work its way into your system. So I know that most people just have the dryness the first month, or even an initial breakout that really discourages them. But the people that hold on and fight through it seem to have those "miracle months" well into their treatment! You can do it, it'll all be worth it, be encouraged! :] I can't wait to start my journey, I'll be a couple of months behind you but we can both go through it together as well!

MemberMember
(@battlewithacne)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:19 pm

Jaime,

Thank you so much for that reply, just what I needed! Thats so exciting you're about to start. I am happy I finally went through with it and just gave in because it is going to be life changing to not have to deal with acne all day everyday anymore! And I feel the only people who understand that feeling and excitement are the chronic acne sufferers. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for your posts and hope your journey is successful!! :)

xo -S

MemberMember
(@jaimieb94)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:58 pm

Very true! My boyfriend and my sister are both weary of me taking Accutane, but I really just want to be rid of acne for good... These months of sacrifice will be well worth it!! I'm amazingly blessed to have a boyfriend that doesn't care about my acne, but he also doesn't understand what it's like to wake up with a face filled with sore cystic acne (his skin is absolutely flawless and it makes me so jealous, haha!). Thanks so much, I'm sure that I'm going to need as much support as I can get- I should be starting July 25th so I'm a bit afraid of being on it in the summer, and then I'll probably be finishing through the winter, so I'm gonna get the worst of both worlds... haha! I also work at a school so I'm a little nervous about my face falling apart and still having to have face-to-face conversations with little children that will make a comment about anything (including my flaky, moisturizer-glistening face, and aquaphored lips ).

I also know that people that experienced a dry nose dealt with it by putting Vaseline in there, sounds kind of gross but I would start doing this so that you prevent cracking/chronic nosebleeds! Best to nip that symptom in the bud!

MemberMember
(@buddyguy1)

Posted : 06/30/2015 12:43 am

Hello there! I am 21 and i just started Clavaris a few weeks ago also going in for my first check up soon so maybe we can help eachother out if you need to contact me.

I started out on 40 and im sure ill go up to 80.

The only side effect i got so far are a lower mood, dry skin lips... Constipation? Haha. I dont know. But i noticed if i take it too late at night i wake up with a lot of vertigo.

Did reading horror stories of this drug online about diseases and stuff scare the sh** out of you too? It worries me a little.

MemberMember
(@brigar91)

Posted : 06/30/2015 11:46 am

Hey! Just like you I was put on a high dosage (40/day 1st month & 80mg/day 2nd month on) but for a shorter time it was about 4 months.

If your body can take it, & you don't have side affects from it, I say pull through it! I had amazing results & pretty fast!

I haven't had a single pimple in months & that's crazy for me!

You can look at my log to see what I went through maybe it can help you out!

Honestly the worse part for me was all the stupid doctors visits, blood tests & all the hoops you have to jump through for iPledge.

Good luck on your journey!!

MemberMember
(@buddyguy1)

Posted : 07/16/2015 1:07 pm

Did anyone have a problem with bloating and constipation?

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 08/15/2015 10:30 am

what do you mean by dry nasal passages? Just hard boogers or can you actually not breathe? I have a chronic sinus problem where I cant breathe through my nose in the morning and have to take nasal spray, i'm worried the spray wont work on Accutane if it makes my sinuses even worse