Notifications
Clear all

Sunburnt Skin

MemberMember
(@fuglyorange)

Posted : 06/24/2015 12:03 am

Hi everyone, First time posting here about a concern I had and if I can get any feedback that would be great! Have been using epiduo and taking the solodyn pills for about a week now. The results were amazing my skin was clearing up in a few days of taking it but me being a irrational forgot to put on sunscreen... I never go outside but the day I chose to go outside I forget sunscreen and as many of you probably know acne medication + sunlight don't go hand in hand. Long story short my left cheek (where most of the acne was) is now bright right. There are specifically two bumps like a cyst.. it isn't huge but it hurts.. Been using aloe vera and its been a day but I'm afraid I might have damaged it. Anybody have some feedback? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/24/2015 2:00 pm

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do once the sunburn happens except let it heal. Aloe can help, but most products only contain a smidge of aloe and a whole bunch of other stuff not good for acne prone skin, so you might want to double check that. Definitely stay out of the sun until you heal, you might also lay of the epiduo for a couple of days. Ibuprofen can help with the pain as well.