Notifications
Clear all

Can Anyone Tell Me What These Hard Bumps Are On My Chin?

MemberMember
(@roooobs)

Posted : 06/23/2015 11:38 pm

Hello!

I have been a long-time acne sufferer, but thankfully, most of it is now under control. But recently, I had a horrible flare-up of contact dermatitis that made my face all blotchy, rashy, and bumpy. I have the rashes and redness under control now, for the most part, thanks to Vanicream. ;)

But I still have these hard, slightly red bumps crowding my entire chin! These came out of nowhere around the same time I got contact dermatitis. These bumps are mostly flesh colored, but the area where these bumps are is slightly red. They become much more noticeable when I stretch out my chin. Now, I'm not sure if hard bumps cane be one of the symptoms of contact dermatitis. Could this just be another symptom of CD or is it something else entirely?

Here is a picture of my chin:

Qqou1pL.jpg?1

They are not very noticeable in this picture because they are mostly flesh colored, but they are seriously ALL OVER my chin. Did anyone experience anything similar? Please help!!

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 06/24/2015 4:26 am

I've had those before! They're like white heads that are blackheads; if that makes any sense lol.

Super easy to get rid of those:

At night (After you wash your face)

Apply benzoyl peroxide on top of the area (I would dab the spots with BP so and I wouldn't rub it in)

Wait until it dries, go to sleep

Wake up, wash your face

Should be dried out

If this doesn't work, repeat

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@roooobs)

Posted : 06/24/2015 8:06 pm

I've had those before! They're like white heads that are blackheads; if that makes any sense lol.

Super easy to get rid of those:

At night (After you wash your face)

Apply benzoyl peroxide on top of the area (I would dab the spots with BP so and I wouldn't rub it in)

Wait until it dries, go to sleep

Wake up, wash your face

Should be dried out

If this doesn't work, repeat

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the response!

I actually got really bad contact dermatitis from all the acne medications I was using (including BP), so I'm too scared to put that on my face again lol. Can >50 whiteheads pop up all of a sudden in just one part of the face though? I've had whiteheads before, but this seems different...hmm.

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:19 pm

To be honest, it doesn't even look that bad

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/26/2015 7:41 am

I agree. Hardly noticeable. I used to have those. They will either become inflamed and rise to the surface of the skin or just disappear over time. I like to call them 'mini non flamed pimples'. If they're not bothering or hurting you, don't bother them. Last thing you want to do is try and pop those. They will all get inflamed and make your chin look awful. Take it from me who tried it :/ hope this helps in some way. Cheers