Notifications
Clear all

Hell Has Broken Loose [Warning, Horrible Acne Images]

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/23/2015 4:56 pm

Ok so...

All hell has broken loose.

Like literally, ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE.

Funny.

I know how it started though. It started with a simple hormonal imbalance through masturbation (sorry you had to read that, but let's be mature about this) and this is what caused it.

Or it was the CeraVe PM Moisturizer that I tried (tried it on the same day of masturbating [once again, sorry you had to read that]).

Ok guys..

I see my Dermatologist in one week. I'm literally crying everyday because of how badly I've broken out.

LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS WAS POSSIBLE... FOR ME.

And it WON'T stop breaking out! I get new whiteheads EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

It's been 5 days since I've had the masturbation and my skin is WRECKING HEVOC EVERYDAY.

I have attached some pictures.

I swear to everything in the world, it will disgust you - for that I sincerely apologize.

You may either exit this page, or you can look at the pic and examine exactly wtf is going on, if you've ever had this experience before.

I hope my Derm puts me on Accutane...

I swear...

(Sorry the pics are rotated, my phone does that by default sometimes..)

I've also attached 3 pictures to show you what my skin previously looked like.. before all this happened.

post-421435-0-99181400-1435096547.jpg

post-421435-0-04675200-1435096549.jpg

post-421435-0-65000300-1435096549.jpg

post-421435-0-32404100-1435096977.jpg

post-421435-0-53059000-1435097198.jpg

post-421435-0-10927800-1435097199.jpg

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/23/2015 5:21 pm

Ok so...

All hell has broken loose.

Like literally, ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE.

Funny.

I know how it started though. It started with a simple hormonal imbalance through masturbation (sorry you had to read that, but let's be mature about this) and this is what caused it.

Or it was the CeraVe PM Moisturizer that I tried (tried it on the same day of masturbating [once again, sorry you had to read that]).

Ok guys..

I see my Dermatologist in one week. I'm literally crying everyday because of how badly I've broken out.

LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS WAS POSSIBLE... FOR ME.

And it WON'T stop breaking out! I get new whiteheads EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

It's been 5 days since I've had the masturbation and my skin is WRECKING HEVOC EVERYDAY.

I have attached some pictures.

I swear to everything in the world, it will disgust you - for that I sincerely apologize.

You may either exit this page, or you can look at the pic and examine exactly wtf is going on, if you've ever had this experience before.

I hope my Derm puts me on Accutane...

I swear...

(Sorry the pics are rotated, my phone does that by default sometimes..)

I've also attached 3 pictures to show you what my skin previously looked like.. before all this happened.

Hi! Wow - that is quite serious. I cannot comment on what caused it (I have seen no scientific evidence to suggest that masturbation is in any way related to acne onset, except in it's relationship to known causes, like puberty). It looks like you had some acne before this breakout - how do/ did you treat it?

The fact that it came on so suddenly (within 5 days) is very concerning, and could suggest a very serious skin condition like acne conglobata or fulminans (the latter if you experienced a fever with the onset). Hopefully your dermatologist will have some answers for you. Keep us posted!

DeLovely and DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/23/2015 5:30 pm

Meg, thanks so much for reply!

I honestly thought no one would reply after being disgusted by what is currently on my face.. *Sigh*.

Anyways, it's funny (not literally) that everytime I do masturbate (Which is REALLY rare now, because I have indeed found a correlation between masturbation and my acne) I will get a breakout within the next day - I GUARANTEE. However, never ever ever ever has it been this bad. I use to get maybe... 1-2 pimples just from it and it would go away within a couple days. But something really triggered this time in my body and is giving me the WORST breakout of my life.

Ya, I've had acne for almost... 4-5 years now. Every year it just gets worse & worse. The pictures of me showing what I use to look like were only take a couple months ago. Haha, and I use to think my acne was the worst back then. LOOK AT ME NOW -_-

Hmm.. I've never heard of acne conglobata before.. I'm gonna Google it now.

I treat my face with a Gentle Cleanser in the morning (Invented from my dermatologist using 100% Natural and Organic ingredients) and then at night sometimes I'll use the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (I use it as a cleanser most of the time). To spot treat I will use the Clean&Clear PersaGel5 (They don't have PersaGel10 in Canada) or I will use the Neutrogena On The Spot Treatment.

The Neutrogena Spot Treatment works really well in getting rid of pimples... it literally like "burns" off the whitehead and then leaves a huge hole in the where the whitehead was originally (gross...). The PersaGel works OK, I guess.. It seems to make my whiteheads SUPER BIG and then after re-applying and sleeping, the whitehead will be gone and pimple is gone with just the red raised bump left.

Sorry for the long paragraph.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/23/2015 7:07 pm

Cod liver oil with vitamin a and d in it will balance hormones. I take double the doseage. Try it!

Also avoid sugar and eating before bed. Did you shave at all? Could be from the blade irritating the skin or even the shaving cream! Let me know please. I would love to help! I've been there except worse! Things will get better. Trust me. Cheers

DeLovely and DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/23/2015 7:45 pm

Helloooo,

Thanks for the reply.

I make REALLY DARN GOOD SURE that I don't eat 3hrs before going to bed. And I don't eat sugar. NOOO SUGAR. I mean, I'll have a pear or apple once in a while (Like 1-2 times a week) but that's kinda the only fruit I eat.

I had this breakout before I shaved (I shaved yesterday morning) and this breakout has persisted for 5 days now. And prior to that I haven't shaved... at least 3 days before masturbating...

I don't use a shaving cream actually, I have an electronic shaver that works nicely. I barely have to touch my skin and it'll shave off my facial hair.

GAHHH, you've been through worse though!? I honestly thought at least 80% of the acne population cannot get worse than what I have right now. It's terrible!!!!

I guess I could try Cod Liver Oil... I'll have to speak with my derm about it though. Depending on how he approaches it, I might just take it anyway. Derms these days don't seem to know much other than Accutane and the ancient antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/23/2015 7:57 pm

Sorry you're breaking out. The CeraVe PM has some stuff in it which could be very acne provoking for some. It would definitely cause me to breakout. Have you tried anything else for your acne before (benzoyl peroxide, retinoids, etc.)?

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/23/2015 9:07 pm

Sorry you're breaking out. The CeraVe PM has some stuff in it which could be very acne provoking for some. It would definitely cause me to breakout. Have you tried anything else for your acne before (benzoyl peroxide, retinoids, etc.)?

Yup, Benzoyl Peroxide as spot treatment, sometimes I use my Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser.. but I do try to be as gentle as possible with my skin, so most of the time I use a Gentle Cleanser that's invented by my derm.

Never use retinoids before, never use Retin-A. I have a tube of Tactuo/Epidou sitting in my cabinet, but I swear I SOO afraid of the purging effect that I literally cannot touch it.. Unless my derm really insists that it'll work for me.

I use a moisturizer with 0.5% Salicyclic Acid in it, very little percentage, not sure if it does anything.. but it does moisturizer.

DARN YOU CERAVE.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/24/2015 10:39 am

Bp and sa? Sounds kind of harsh for the skin. Your acne looks hormonal though. What have you done since you posted this? Any changes? Has it got better?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/24/2015 11:16 am

Yup, Benzoyl Peroxide as spot treatment, sometimes I use my Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser.. but I do try to be as gentle as possible with my skin, so most of the time I use a Gentle Cleanser that's invented by my derm.

Never use retinoids before, never use Retin-A. I have a tube of Tactuo/Epidou sitting in my cabinet, but I swear I SOO afraid of the purging effect that I literally cannot touch it.. Unless my derm really insists that it'll work for me.

I use a moisturizer with 0.5% Salicyclic Acid in it, very little percentage, not sure if it does anything.. but it does moisturizer.

DARN YOU CERAVE.

I use Cerave PM moisturizer with absolutely no issues (the lotion not the cream). It's very light and absorbs well. This kind doesn't have any SA in it. There is a Cerave with SA in it (I think it's actually called Cerave SA) but tit isn't meant for the face, my derm recommended it has a body lotion to smooth out the bumpy skin on my arms and upper thighs. I wouldn't recommend people with very inflammed acne use SA or a Retinoid to be honest - you want to reduce that inflammation first or else the initial flare up can make everything worse.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/24/2015 1:14 pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you have a lot of clogs/bacteria below the skin then the wrong ingredients can flare you up big time. I definitely think you should was your face with a basic non medicated cleanser and moisturizer with no active ingredients until you see the derm. Your skin definitely looks like accutane could be an option but I would not recommend it if you have not tried other topicals. If your skin is not sensitive, try the regimen from this site.... It works for a lot of people. If not, you can ask for a retinoid or an anti microbial. You're definitely not alone in this struggle and you are not hideous. Keep your head held high.

Exning liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/24/2015 5:26 pm

Bp and sa? Sounds kind of harsh for the skin. Your acne looks hormonal though. What have you done since you posted this? Any changes? Has it got better?

As of right now, I wash my face in the morning with a Gentle Cleanser (No BP or SA ingredients - the cleanser is made from supeerrrr natural ingredients).

At night... well... sometimes I'll use the Neutrogena Clear Pore BP Cleanser or I'll use my morning Gentle Cleanser. Honestly, it depends on how I feel and how my face feels. If it feels super oily and I can just sense there's alot of pus about to rise, I use the BP cleanser. But if my face feels kinda normal but it's just inflamed, I'll use the Gentle Cleanser.

I can't even moisturize right now. Like there's so many pimples and underlying pus that I can feel forming, that I literally cannot put any moisturizer to my face. Everytime I put moisturizer, the pimples just feed off the moisture and ALWAYS get bigger that way.

*Sigh*

DARN YOU CERAVE.

I use Cerave PM moisturizer with absolutely no issues (the lotion not the cream). It's very light and absorbs well. This kind doesn't have any SA in it. There is a Cerave with SA in it (I think it's actually called Cerave SA) but tit isn't meant for the face, my derm recommended it has a body lotion to smooth out the bumpy skin on my arms and upper thighs. I wouldn't recommend people with very inflammed acne use SA or a Retinoid to be honest - you want to reduce that inflammation first or else the initial flare up can make everything worse.

Ya I used the PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion as well.

Honestly, it could just be my hormones and not even the lotion that caused it.

But I've m****bated so many times in my life and none of those times have I ever encountered such a severe painful breakout.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/24/2015 5:47 pm

This is going to sound awful but lose the "all natural" bullsh**. Go get yourself a face wash like panoxyl 4 percent Bp face wash. I guarantee you will have your face cleared up in weeks. Bp isn't your enemy. It can be harsh and drying but that's if you use more than 5 percent. Please try it out for a week. Wash once in morning and once at night. I'm telling you it will help! Please take my advice. Cheers

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:11 pm

This is going to sound awful but lose the "all natural" bullsh**. Go get yourself a face wash like panoxyl 4 percent Bp face wash. I guarantee you will have your face cleared up in weeks. Bp isn't your enemy. It can be harsh and drying but that's if you use more than 5 percent. Please try it out for a week. Wash once in morning and once at night. I'm telling you it will help! Please take my advice. Cheers

Hey!

Thanks for the recommendation :DDDD

I literally had to read the "lose the all natural bullsh**" cause I thought you were talking about my attitude and how much bullshit talk I posted. WHICH is true, I do have quite a bad attitude - but I just realized you were referring to the all natural cleanser, haha.

I'll look into the Panoxyl. I see GREAT reviews on MakeupAlley (Girly site, but I guess it's credible for reviews, right?)

I just really pray it won't break me out like CeraVe did. I tried this BB cream 2 years ago (I'm asian, asians live on BB cream.. except me) and I got the a similar breakout as to what I have now. So there are definitely some products out there that my face refuses to cooperate with. God bless Panoxyl~

Just curious, how bad was your acne compared to mine?

And if my acne is truly hormonal, will Panoxyl fix it? I mean, at this point, I'm kinda hoping for Accutane to fix all my body problems - though it may cause more body problems. By "my body problems" I mean, if Accutane can dry up hormones (not literally in that way), then it can fix my hormones? Wow this just took a weird toll of non-english talk.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:28 pm

Oh I forgot to mention.. I've been on Doxycycline for about a month now.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:34 pm

Haha no I wasn't talking about your attitude! Lol. My acne looked just like yours except all over my face. And panoxyl will almost definitely make your acne better. Or at least easier to control and will slow down the white heads. It saved me so much. My acne looked just like yours and as soon as I started using panoxyl, in about a week, it was already healing. Hormones are always going to be there but with panoxyl it will almost definitely leave your face more controllable at the very least. Lol I sound like a sales man but I swear by this product! Go out and get the 4 percent Bp. It can be drying but once your face gets used to the wash, it will look better. Be sure to use neutrogena oil free combination skin moisturizer at night too. It is the perfect combination of face wash and moisturizer. Like I said... My acne looked just like yours and this regimen saved my face. Along with cod liver oil to balance my hormones. You might not even have to goto a dermatologist. Please try this out. My friend also tried this regimen and she is now acne free from it! I hope this helps and I can't wait to see your face improve! Cheers bro

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/24/2015 7:47 pm

Haha no I wasn't talking about your attitude! Lol. My acne looked just like yours except all over my face. And panoxyl will almost definitely make your acne better. Or at least easier to control and will slow down the white heads. It saved me so much. My acne looked just like yours and as soon as I started using panoxyl, in about a week, it was already healing. Hormones are always going to be there but with panoxyl it will almost definitely leave your face more controllable at the very least. Lol I sound like a sales man but I swear by this product! Go out and get the 4 percent Bp. It can be drying but once your face gets used to the wash, it will look better. Be sure to use neutrogena oil free combination skin moisturizer at night too. It is the perfect combination of face wash and moisturizer. Like I said... My acne looked just like yours and this regimen saved my face. Along with cod liver oil to balance my hormones. You might not even have to goto a dermatologist. Please try this out. My friend also tried this regimen and she is now acne free from it! I hope this helps and I can't wait to see your face improve! Cheers bro

To cry...

Or not to cry...

From your kind words of wisdom ;--;

I heard avocados, salmon, coconut oil (anything with Omega3 really.. or healthy fats) can help balance hormones. Any words on this, Mr. Kind Words of Wisdom?

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/24/2015 7:49 pm

Yeah, cod liver oil. It has natural vitamin a and d. And is very clean compared to the generic "fish oil"

You have to try panoxyl though

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 06/24/2015 8:18 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOSH! When I was 16 I thought masturbation caused my acne! I stopped drinking milk and masturbating for 2 weeks, and saw results! I was also on doxycycline. A month later, I started drinking milk again and confirmed that it was my masturbation that caused it. I masturbated for one night, next morning boom! a zit Did the trial a couple more times and more pimples came.

about 2 or 3 months later, I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes had turned yellow. That was a bad sign that the doxycycline was messing up my liver, and probably killing needed bacteria and just screwing everything up down there. So I had to get off it. Sometime around that time I did a masturbation trial and got a cyst. First cyst I had since my masturbation trials. For a year and a half after that, I've tried abstaining from masturbation, but never got those same results and broke down a lot. My face and cysts wouldn't clear as fast as before. It really didn't completely clear at all.

I've cleared my skin this year and there was no major correlation for me.

Long story short, I think doxycycline reaks havok on the system, causing the body to depend on abstinence from masturbation to help maintain homeostasis.

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/24/2015 9:03 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOSH! When I was 16 I thought masturbation caused my acne! I stopped drinking milk and masturbating for 2 weeks, and saw results! I was also on doxycycline. A month later, I started drinking milk again and confirmed that it was my masturbation that caused it. I masturbated for one night, next morning boom! a zit Did the trial a couple more times and more pimples came.

about 2 or 3 months later, I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes had turned yellow. That was a bad sign that the doxycycline was messing up my liver, and probably killing needed bacteria and just screwing everything up down there. So I had to get off it. Sometime around that time I did a masturbation trial and got a cyst. First cyst I had since my masturbation trials. For a year and a half after that, I've tried abstaining from masturbation, but never got those same results and broke down a lot. My face and cysts wouldn't clear as fast as before. It really didn't completely clear at all.

I've cleared my skin this year and there was no major correlation for me.

Long story short, I think doxycycline reaks havok on the system, causing the body to depend on abstinence from masturbation to help maintain homeostasis.

Dawg, hold up.

So watchu sayin is Doxycycline is making my masturbation effects even WORSE, ya? Because never in my life before have I broken out SOOOOOOOOOOO hard by masturbation. But then Doxy came in and BOOM. My skin HURTSSS!!!

So if what I just said was right.. if I don't masturbate, Doxy will do its effect and heal my skin?

Before Doxy, I noticed my skin would heal if I didn't masturbate. I'd have "controlable" acne - acne that was controlled through stress and diet. But now, holy moly.. I eat healthy as can be and I'm still breaking out EVERYDAY.

And you cleared your skin this year... how exactly? What did you do?

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/24/2015 9:17 pm

I don't care if masferbating causes blindness or hairloss. I'm still going to do it. Don't feel like you have to totally abstain from pleasure or fun just because of acne. You have acne, acne doesn't have you. Yikes. Come on now.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/24/2015 9:28 pm

I don't care if masferbating causes blindness or hairloss. I'm still going to do it. Don't feel like you have to totally abstain from pleasure or fun just because of acne. You have acne, acne doesn't have you. Yikes. Come on now.

LOL I've gone almost 4 months without masturbation.

I only had to the urge to do it now cause it's summer.. no one's home.. nothing to do.. so ya.

But other than that, it doesn't exactly give me a whole lot of pleasure.

It's just one of those time killer things.

But yehhh... I'm not exactly normal when it comes to sexual pleasures.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/24/2015 9:39 pm

Well to each his own. Try my regimen though. I guarantee it will work

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 06/25/2015 11:47 am

Lol masturbating most definitely causes me to break out. And moisturizers too, I hate using moisturizers. But yeah my acne looked exactly like yours when it was at its worst, probably because we're both Asian. Antibiotics completely cleared my acne but it came back as soon as my prescription ran out. I think accutane would clear you as well, my sister is on it and her skin is pretty much clear now. I was never able to receive accutane so I had to clear my acne the natural way. I took zinc, omega3, vitD3, and avoid all the foods that provokes acne.

DaileeH and MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@daredevil)

Posted : 06/25/2015 12:27 pm

Did you have any food sensitivities or intolerances or food allergies you didn't know about prior to having the outbreak?

I was on Doxy for five months and I was super clear around the second-third month mark and then for some reason, I had a really bad allergic reaction to something (still don't know what caused it). The following week later, I had the worst breakout ever. I went back to the doctor and I got off Doxy but my skin never recovered from that breakout and from that week on, I continued to have breakouts.

But prior to being on Doxy, I was on Minocycline and I had a food sensitivity to dairy, especially soy milk. I drank soy milk for three days and on the fourth day, I broke out like crazy and I found that it was because of my intolerance or sensitivity to soy products. There is a lot of claims that dairy can wreck havoc on your skin, but I'm not too sure about that since during my senior year, I was drinking at least 3 cups of coffee everyday and senior year was the time that I had super clear skin.

Antibiotics will eventually build up an immunity so I don't recommend going on it unless you have mild acne. It could work, but only for a certain time period, and it's bad because once you go off on it, you will start breaking out like crazy. I find that people who have mild acne could use antibiotics because they're not as dependent on the drug as compared to someone with really persistent moderate or severe acne.

Good luck!

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/25/2015 12:42 pm

Lol masturbating most definitely causes me to break out. And moisturizers too, I hate using moisturizers. But yeah my acne looked exactly like yours when it was at its worst, probably because we're both Asian. Antibiotics completely cleared my acne but it came back as soon as my prescription ran out. I think accutane would clear you as well, my sister is on it and her skin is pretty much clear now. I was never able to receive accutane so I had to clear my acne the natural way. I took zinc, omega3, vitD3, and avoid all the foods that provokes acne.

Waddup brother asiannn.

So exactly how clear is your acne now? And as for Zinc supplements, how exactly do they work? I know they're in pill form, but is there like a certain "dosage" that you take? I mean, we're both asian and we both have acne (although yours seems to be gone now) so I'm guessing our Zinc intake would be around the same...

And do you know if Omega3 supplements are any different than maybe eating avocado's, salmon, or anything with Omega3 naturally in them?

I mean, I'd eat zinc from it's natural sources like beef, chicken, pork, oysters - but.. that's a bit too much meaty for me.

:)))

Did you have any food sensitivities or intolerances or food allergies you didn't know about prior to having the outbreak?

I was on Doxy for five months and I was super clear around the second-third month mark and then for some reason, I had a really bad allergic reaction to something (still don't know what caused it). The following week later, I had the worst breakout ever. I went back to the doctor and I got off Doxy but my skin never recovered from that breakout and from that week on, I continued to have breakouts.

But prior to being on Doxy, I was on Minocycline and I had a food sensitivity to dairy, especially soy milk. I drank soy milk for three days and on the fourth day, I broke out like crazy and I found that it was because of my intolerance or sensitivity to soy products. There is a lot of claims that dairy can wreck havoc on your skin, but I'm not too sure about that since during my senior year, I was drinking at least 3 cups of coffee everyday and senior year was the time that I had super clear skin.

Antibiotics will eventually build up an immunity so I don't recommend going on it unless you have mild acne. It could work, but only for a certain time period, and it's bad because once you go off on it, you will start breaking out like crazy. I find that people who have mild acne could use antibiotics because they're not as dependent on the drug as compared to someone with really persistent moderate or severe acne.

Good luck!

Funny you mention soy.

It's weird...

As an asian I grew up with my mom cooking literally almost everything with Soy Sauce. Back then (From ages 1-17) I didn't really have acne.

But recently, I drank Miso Soup repeatedly cause I heard it has amazing beneficial bacteria in it, so I drank it almost everyday.

And I noticed then my acne really really flammed around my jawline. But I mean, Miso Soup is almost purely 100% soy, so either it was too strong OR I really do have a sensitivity towards it. And this reaction was before taking Doxy. So maybe it is the soy sauce that's giving me acne... guess we'll never really know till I can cook my own dinner.. My parents don't support me eating isolated and alone and cooking for myself when it comes to dinner - for lunch, they don't really care cause they're not home anyways.

Also, they see the "Western" diet (Salads, No Eating 3 Hours Before Bed, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian based) as one of the stupidest things known to man. So they aren't really supportive in the way I eat now. I know what I'm allergic to, what reacts my body, and I avoid all that when cooking for myself - it's just dinner that is mainly uncontrollable.

Tadamasa liked