I Need An Honest Op...

Notifications
Clear all

I Need An Honest Opinion

MemberMember
(@kennyq)

Posted : 06/22/2015 5:04 pm

Alright so I've been using the regimen for about 4 months now, and it's been working PERFECTLY. My face and back does not break out anymore. My skin is really smooth and looks so much healthier. I've recommended the regimen to probably all my friends and family that are suffering from acne.

Here's the question, do you guys think its okay if I cut the cleanser and glycolic acid from my regimen and only use BP? I ask this because I can't really afford to spend $80 a month on the regimen for my face and back. Will my acne come back? Have anyone try only using BP for back and face? Please let me know your experience.. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@henry1995)

Posted : 06/22/2015 6:25 pm

whats this dan thing? im new btw.

MemberMember
(@kennyq)

Posted : 06/22/2015 6:41 pm

The BP alone does work for the face. I'm not sure about the back, though. Through trial & error, Dan found that BP alone isn't really effective for the body regimen. U can still experiment, though.

ahh.. i see. I'm just trying to cut cost as much as I can. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@liquidstream1)

Posted : 06/24/2015 12:43 am

Im pretty sure most people can get away with not using glycolic acid, it is not a necessary step in following the regimen. What are you planning to replace the cleanser with? bar soap or are you just going to wash with water? I would stray away from anything harsh like bar soap, and find a cheaper cleanser. You can also use just water but you may find your skin rough from dead skin that isn't properly being washed, your skin should still remain clear though. The two most important things IMO is the 2.5% BP and and a GOOD MOISTURIZER.

Kennyq and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:26 am

The two most important things IMO is the 2.5% BP and and a GOOD MOISTURIZER.

Couldn't agree more!!! CerAve, Cetephil, and Neutrogena are all trusted brands if you're looking for a good acne-friendly cleanser, and plain water also works for in between as I find using a face cleanser every day to be too drying.

The BP alone does work for the face. I'm not sure about the back, though. Through trial & error, Dan found that BP alone isn't really effective for the body regimen. U can still experiment, though.

The Body Regimen definitely works better with both AHA+ and BP. With BP alone you may not stay as clear but can still help if cost is an issue.

Kennyq liked
MemberMember
(@leeleengo)

Posted : 06/26/2015 10:48 pm

I can't say much about the Regimen for back acne, but I recently stopped using all of Dan' products. I slowly used less and less BP every week and now I only occasionally use a little bit of BP if I feel like my skin is acting up. I think it is completely fine to drop Dan's cleanser but you must replace it with something similar like Cetaphil's Daily Cleanser. I used the AHA for a few weeks but it burned my skin so badly I just stopped in general. I did not break out or anything like that. Hope this helps!