Notifications
Clear all

Finishing Accutane After One Month

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 06/21/2015 4:22 am

I've done one month of 10mg a day and each day I wake up to a mass of scars, lines enlarged pores. Pretty sure it's amcv but accutane has 100% made it worse. I would rather spots that this mess that is my face. I'm so distraught. I don't want to leave the house and I could quite easily hide away forever.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 06/21/2015 5:44 am

Accutane has an initial breakout, get through it and you won't regret it.

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 06/21/2015 6:17 am

I didn't have a break out. Just scars forming from nowhere

MemberMember
(@3wishes14)

Posted : 06/21/2015 6:47 am

I didn't have a break out. Just scars forming from nowhere

Hi (fellow) Welshy. The same has happened to me on accutane. I have a large group of deep, pitted scars in the middle of my left cheek which I swear were not there before I started accutane or at least weren't that bad! Accutane seems to do that. I have just finished my course and will be pursuing scar treatment once i've been off it for 6 months.

MemberMember
(@someonegood12)

Posted : 06/21/2015 7:24 am

just remember why you started accutane in the first place. my face is a mess as well and i also dont leave the house as much as i would otherwise, but I waged war against acne, and I will be damned if I quit for any reason short of death. Accutane works for most people most the time, by the END of treatment.

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 06/21/2015 7:35 am

It's worked for me once before so I know it kills acne but it is also killing all my healthy skin. Like I've lost all plumpness from my skin. So Awful Looking.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/21/2015 7:51 am

During treatment your skin is definetely going to change. You aren't in it long enough to actually see the great results.

Everyone I know that has been on accutane had horrible looking skin, but had excellent overall results at the end.

Do not give up, make sure your derm evaluates your skin condition on a regular basis !

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 06/21/2015 8:06 am

U already had those scars, now your skin is dry and they r more noticeable. The right moisturizer will make your skin look a lot better.

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 06/21/2015 8:23 am

I definitely did not have these scars. Trust me when I say that. My acne was never ssevere and I have scars places I've never had spots.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 06/21/2015 9:17 am

I can totally relate!!!

I am one month post tane..still get small bumps and my skin looks worse

PRE tane i never had indentions or deep pitted scars

now i have them in places I never had breakouts

I cant explain it but understand what you are seeing/feeling..idk if it YEARS of congestion cleared out

I had very oily and congested skin pre tane with mild acne that persisted after 4 yrs of treatments, topicals and one yr on antibiotics

kim

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 06/21/2015 9:24 am

I attacked my skin with bp aha and emu oil prior to accutane and saw these scars appear. Slowly they faded but now they have worsened. Just don't know what to do. How are u supposed to deal with something you don't understand and have no control over. Every day I pray for a small improvement but it just worsens.

MemberMember
(@someonegood12)

Posted : 06/21/2015 12:26 pm

as do I, but chances are those scars that you are seeing it did not appear out of thin air, these were most likely things that were part of your skin that were not visible before. Remember why you started accutane... you have to be pretty sick of acne to consider taking it... Yes everyday my skin gets worse and it is very depressing but the doctor prescribed it to you for a reason, at the end of the course you will most likely be glad you finished your course. If you quit, chances are your acne will not improve and you will have bad skin until you decide to finish a course.

i stopped looking in the mirror because my skin is no good, just counting the days until it will all be done with. Focus on the end result, never look back.

MemberMember
(@orangepeel)

Posted : 01/21/2016 3:30 pm

I have the same problem. It's terrible. Let me know if it improved for any of you.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/07/2017 8:03 pm

Got the same problem, indented linear scars on my forehead, about 4 months into Accutane and it has continued since. I'm devastated. You're not crazy. It's real. Any updates?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 07/08/2017 1:53 am

Scars do look worse while on accutane, but still if you think its not normal, talk to your derm straight away.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/08/2017 7:54 am

5 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

Scars do look worse while on accutane, but still if you think its not normal, talk to your derm straight away.

I did leave a message for the nurses and they talked to the dermatologist and called back. She said she didn't think Accutane was causing it and I'm just thinking in my head: "Well okay I've read plenty of posts online of people with the same experience." She just said: "Wait the 6 months and see from there." When I asked about scar treatments my last appointment she wasn't very encouraging and basically said to just deal with it and that I'll be paying thousands and won't get much results then handed me a card for a laser place. Alrighty then.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 07/08/2017 8:52 am

54 minutes ago, Feelishia said:
6 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

I did leave a message for the nurses and they talked to the dermatologist and called back. She said she didn't think Accutane was causing it and I'm just thinking in my head: "Well okay I've read plenty of posts online of people with the same experience." She just said: "Wait the 6 months and see from there." When I asked about scar treatments my last appointment she wasn't very encouraging and basically said to just deal with it and that I'll be paying thousands and won't get much results then handed me a card for a laser place. Alrighty then.

lasers should be your last option, there are many other treatments which is safer, cheaper, and probably more effective than lasers, but in the meanwhile you can use some cream for scars, like mederma or something. I hope that your indents just fill up on their own.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/08/2017 11:00 am

lasers should be your last option, there are many other treatments which is safer, cheaper, and probably more effective than lasers, but in the meanwhile you can use some cream for scars, like mederma or something. I hope that your indents just fill up on their own.

Yes I have no plans for lasers! My scars are too mild for the risk anyways. I'm most interested in microneedling so I've been doing so much research to try to find someone reputable and affordable in my area. I'll still probably get a consult from the laser doctor just to see what he says about the condition of my face ;)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 07/08/2017 12:21 pm

1 hour ago, Feelishia said:
Yes I have no plans for lasers! My scars are too mild for the risk anyways. I'm most interested in microneedling so I've been doing so much research to try to find someone reputable and affordable in my area. I'll still probably get a consult from the laser doctor just to see what he says about the condition of my face ;)

Hope we all get rid of this

MemberMember
(@tartakenga710gmail-com)

Posted : 03/12/2023 1:30 am

did it stop after you stop taking accutane ?