Notifications
Clear all

The Caveman Regimen?

MemberMember
(@rav101)

Posted : 06/18/2015 6:17 pm

Intro:

Hey, I'm a 16 year old female going into my senior year in August, and I decided to take upon the Caveman Regimen (but not the extreme one), since it's summer and I don't have school. I would want to try and see how this regimen works for the summer. Plus, I have nothing to lose. My acne is moderate and I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and small whiteheads on my forehead and pimples around my mouth and chin and some on my cheeks. I don't wear any makeup either. I am planning on starting this regimen this weekend but I have quite a few questions before I start it though.

Routine:

My routine is that I start off by washing my face every night with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub and my skin is usually really dry so I apply the Cetaphil Moisturizer and let it dry and after I will mix Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Gel 1% and it usually burns and in the morning I will remove it with the Cetaphil Face Cleanser or the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub whichever one I prefer. Using the Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and Clindamycin 1% irritates and dries out my skin terribly and sometimes I won't use it because my skin burns or is irritated.

Questions:

Can I wash my face at least once a day when I shower or am I supposed to wash my face every 3rd day?

Can I apply sunscreen (I know silly question, but I live in very hot temperature and if I don't put on sunscreen my acne scars appear even more darker so I'm a bit confused on that)?

When I shower am I not supposed to put any soap or shampoo on?

If I stop using the Benzoyl Peroxide and Clidamycin completely will my skin be deeply affected?

Would I have to slowly stop using the Benzoyl Peroxide and Clidamycin or just stop using it?

Once I figure out how to do this regimen, I'll keep everyone updated! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 06/18/2015 9:31 pm

Hey, I wanna give you some advice. I cleared my acne this year finally.

I suggest you stop using all chemicals and face wash. When you didn't have acne you didn't need to wash your face, so you shouldn't now. It's not really a good thing. Secondly, it's good to attack with diet, but it may be more or less complicated than a single regimen. Truth is, you don't know what's causing your acne and it can be anything. Apples were one of the foods that triggered my acne. You'd never suspect it. So don't give up.

I ended up realizing I had leaky gut. So it took a lot of healing and a good diet before it was better, and my acne was gone. One person stopped drinking coffee and their cystic acne was cured. Another person realized peanut butter.

rav101 and MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/18/2015 10:01 pm

Intro:

Hey, I'm a 16 year old female going into my senior year in August, and I decided to take upon the Caveman Regimen (but not the extreme one), since it's summer and I don't have school. I would want to try and see how this regimen works for the summer. Plus, I have nothing to lose. My acne is moderate and I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and small whiteheads on my forehead and pimples around my mouth and chin and some on my cheeks. I don't wear any makeup either. I am planning on starting this regimen this weekend but I have quite a few questions before I start it though.Routine:

My routine is that I start off by washing my face every night with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub and my skin is usually really dry so I apply the Cetaphil Moisturizer and let it dry and after I will mix Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Gel 1% and it usually burns and in the morning I will remove it with the Cetaphil Face Cleanser or the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub whichever one I prefer. Using the Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and Clindamycin 1% irritates and dries out my skin terribly and sometimes I won't use it because my skin burns or is irritated.Questions:

Can I wash my face at least once a day when I shower or am I supposed to wash my face every 3rd day?

Can I apply sunscreen (I know silly question, but I live in very hot temperature and if I don't put on sunscreen my acne scars appear even more darker so I'm a bit confused on that)?

When I shower am I not supposed to put any soap or shampoo on?

If I stop using the Benzoyl Peroxide and Clidamycin completely will my skin be deeply affected?

Would I have to slowly stop using the Benzoyl Peroxide and Clidamycin or just stop using it?

Once I figure out how to do this regimen, I'll keeveryone updated! Thanks!

Very brave of you. The caveman regimen, in my opinion, is an all or nothing thing. That means no washing what so ever. Not even water. But it sounds like your acne is hormonal. You could try birth control? That seems to help a lot of females. Or else a good alternative to balance hormones would be some sort of omega 3 like cod liver oil. It sounds like you're doing way too much to your face. With acne, most of the time, less is more. I'm not sure the cave man regimen is the right thing to do but I wish you the best of luck. I would also suggest using an oil free moisturizer and and oil free spf. The sun can be very hard on skin especially when you use benzoyl peroxide. Moisturizer is the only thing that the 'less is more' theory doesn't apply to. Lather that sh** on! It will help calm and heal your skin. Good luck! Cheers

rav101 liked
MemberMember
(@rav101)

Posted : 06/21/2015 2:10 am

Day 1: Didn't wash my face entire day although I really wanted to. My face was oily, looks the same. I have a lot of blemishes on my cheeks and chin. Getting a pimple on my cheek and chin but other that that everything's about the same. I think I'm going to try to shower either tonight or tomorrow night without getting my face wet. I have to keep updating so that I don't loose track on this regimen.

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/21/2015 10:50 am

Good job! Keep it up! Let us know every day how it's going. I am very interested to see how it will go. Have you tried taking cod liver oil to balance your hormones naturally? That would probably help a lot when doing this regimen

rav101 liked
MemberMember
(@rav101)

Posted : 06/21/2015 5:14 pm

Good job! Keep it up! Let us know every day how it's going. I am very interested to see how it will go. Have you tried taking cod liver oil to balance your hormones naturally? That would probably help a lot when doing this regimen

Thanks! I am getting new acne on my cheeks and I want to give up but honestly I have nothing to lose. And no but I will definitely give it a try!

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/21/2015 5:44 pm

Ok! Be brave! You've got all of us here for support!

rav101 liked
MemberMember
(@rav101)

Posted : 06/22/2015 1:20 am

Day 2: Okay well.. I took a shower and I let water run down my face and I let it air dry of course. I'm breaking out on my left side of my cheek, it's like

3-4 red pimples, one has a white head on it already. I feel a huge zit coming on my chin, and it hurts and it's irritating but I'm just going to leave it alone. I'm so upset, but I'm still going to continue not using chemicals on my face. I just want my acne gone its so irritating.

MemberMember
(@ugs)

Posted : 07/26/2018 1:10 pm

I know exactly how you feel. I've been at this routine for about 2 weeks, Although last week I gave in and washed my face with soap because I couldn't stand how gross it felt. This week is my first serious week and I've seen no change. Breakouts all over my cheeks and chin, and some on my forehead, which I never get them on. I heard there are side effects of coming off benzoyl peroxide cold turkey, so I think I could be reacting to that. I want to continue with the routine bur I don't know how much longer I can endure the gross feeling of my skin. Are your breakouts itchy? Because my face has been pretty itchy this week and it feels horrible. I'm sure wearing makeup doesn't help, but what can I do?

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 07/26/2018 2:10 pm

After years ,like 14 years of struggling with acne , the caveman way is the way to go. I don't do anything to my face anymore and it looks good. I have only 1 or 2 pimples. Way better than cysts. I wash my face every other day. The secret cause to most acne imo is stress, general unhappiness. Start doing things you love in life and stop worrying about your face and watch it go away. I still have many scars , but my acne is pretty much gone. Message me if you guys have any questions I'm a veteran member under a new name.

MemberMember
(@the-acne-signaling-system)

Posted : 07/26/2018 2:12 pm

Holy schnickies...

Here's my 2 cents:

You're absolutely right about not washing your face.

However, unless you're targeting your Acne Signaling System... you're never going to cure your acne by NOT washing your face alone.

The thing is this (and pay attention because you'll never hear this from anyone else but me):

As long as you're constantly activating your Breakout Mechanism you'll always have acne.

Best of luck...