Notifications
Clear all

B5 And Pantethine!

MemberMember
(@jayr1)

Posted : 06/17/2015 8:31 am

Hi everyone!

I have been suffering from acne breakouts for nearly a decade. Usually mild but always consistent. Occasional cysts.

A couple months ago, I decided to try megadoses of vitamin B5... 9 grams daily... It has worked absolutely incredibly. For the first time since I can remember, I am not afraid to look in the mirror when I wake up. I haven't had a breakout since about a week in. :)

Anyway... While not a dealbreaker per say, I have been experiencing stomach aches as a pretty consistent side effect of the megadoses... After reading about pantethine, I am interested in trying it as opposed to B5.

My question is - Roughly, how much pantethine would be equivalent to the 9 grams of B5?

Also, if any one who's had success with B5 has experience with this transition, I'd love to hear about it! :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/17/2015 11:23 am

Megadosing is a big no no. It is very unhealthy in the long run.

There is a massive thread on hair loss & B5 megadose you should check out to see why megadosing is not healthy.

MemberMember
(@jayr1)

Posted : 06/17/2015 10:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Wishclean! I certainly appreciate and understand your concern.

However, I am fully aware of all of the potential side effects. I have read a plethora of info regarding this already.

I decided that I am willing to accept any side effects that come my way being that I am COMPLETELY CLEAR of my acne.

I haven't been consistently happy or confident in years - I am now - My quality of life has improved drastically.

So I say bring on the hair loss. I'll take baldness over acne any and every day.

Though I will megadose eternally if it means no acne, It is indeed not my preference - which is why I made this thread!!

I want to try a lower dose of panthethine instead.

But was curious how much to take to equate 9g of B5................