Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didia

Continue on Proactiv or swtich to Dan's regimen?

So i've been using proactiv for the past 3 months, i'm not any where near clear but my skin has been better on proactiv than off it. But i'm striving to be 100% clear so I was thinking of switching regimens. Dan's regimen sounds promising. However, i'm scared that it won't work and getting off proactiv will make my skin worse or go back to the way it used to be. How do you guys like dan's regimen?Should I order proactiv again, knowing that it won't make me completely clear but better than nothing, or should i take a risk and venture out for a better regimen (even if it means possibly reverting back to more acne times)? PLEASE help, I really want to have clear skin. thanks!!

Yep, proactive worked somewhat for me, but not enough for my likings.

I found this forum and read about the BP and used about 3-4 times as much of the repairing lotion in the proactive overnight which made a big difference.

I bought a tube of 2.5% BP gel the next day and some cetaphil cleanser and some special after acne treatment moisturiser. Been on it for about a week now. Not 100% clear cause I still have a few bits of crap coming through, but better than what I was on proactive, and less dry.

I still use the remaining proactive cleanser every few days or so cause its a good exfoliator with the lil bead things in it, helps get rid of that dead skin.

So yeah being an ex-proactive user I would say give it a go, I'd be willing to bet that whats keeping your skin clearish is the BP in the proactive mixtures. Up the level of BP usage and you should see even better results smile.gif

Good Luck!

Yep, proactive worked somewhat for me, but not enough for my likings.

I found this forum and read about the BP and used about 3-4 times as much of the repairing lotion in the proactive overnight which made a big difference.

I bought a tube of 2.5% BP gel the next day and some cetaphil cleanser and some special after acne treatment moisturiser. Been on it for about a week now. Not 100% clear cause I still have a few bits of crap coming through, but better than what I was on proactive, and less dry.

I still use the remaining proactive cleanser every few days or so cause its a good exfoliator with the lil bead things in it, helps get rid of that dead skin.

So yeah being an ex-proactive user I would say give it a go, I'd be willing to bet that whats keeping your skin clearish is the BP in the proactive mixtures. Up the level of BP usage and you should see even better results smile.gif

Good Luck!

Hey guys, I'm new here and just have a lil question:

I started Proactiv 3.5 weeks ago and finally, after 3 weeks of the "initial outbreak" - my face is starting to clear up quite a bit (not holding my breath though).

Since week 2 I started using lots of the repairing lotion (their 2.5% solution) as is suggested in The Regimen and I believe that has helped quite a bit. My question however is, I ordered a tube of Dan's bp gel and was concerned about the initial switchover from the Proactiv repairing lotion to the gel. Will I have another initial breakout even though my face is already used to the bp and I've already gone through the "bringing the stuff to the surface phase" ?

So I'm scared to switch over to Dan's gel for fear that It'll mess up the almost 4 weeks I've suffered with the Proactiv (and just now finally seeing some result)...

Has anyone succesfully switched from Proactiv to Dan's? What can you tell me about the initial conditions?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just a little bit worried lol eusa_eh.gif

If anyone has any advice to give me, I'd love to hear about your stories/regimens, thank you soos much!!

Hey guys, I'm new here and just have a lil question:

I started Proactiv 3.5 weeks ago and finally, after 3 weeks of the "initial outbreak" - my face is starting to clear up quite a bit (not holding my breath though). 

Since week 2 I started using lots of the repairing lotion (their 2.5% solution) as is suggested in The Regimen and I believe that has helped quite a bit.  My question however is, I ordered a tube of Dan's bp gel and was concerned about the initial switchover from the Proactiv repairing lotion to the gel.  Will I have another initial breakout even though my face is already used to the bp and I've already gone through the "bringing the stuff to the surface phase" ? 

So I'm scared to switch over to Dan's gel for fear that It'll mess up the almost 4 weeks I've suffered with the Proactiv (and just now finally seeing some result)...

Has anyone succesfully switched from Proactiv to Dan's?  What can you tell me about the initial conditions?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just a little bit worried lol  eusa_eh.gif

If anyone has any advice to give me, I'd love to hear about your stories/regimens, thank you soos much!!

Hi, i just received Dan's bp gel today and I just applied some. I was using Klear Action's bp lotion but Dan's bp is much dryer to my skin. How come it is that way?? Doesn't both contain 2.5 bp? I am not following the regime. I am using glycolic toner then I use the bp gel (like proactiv 3 step). Will I break out from using Dan's bp in the beginning?? I dont have any acne anymore, Will Dan's gel help remove red marks?? Please give me some suggestion.

Just wanted to update on how Dan's gel is giong and how it's different from Proactiv:

I started using Dan's BP on Tuesday night instead of the Proactiv repairing lotion. I'm still using the Proactiv face wash only because I want to make the switch to a new cleanser very gradual and in case I break out I want to be able to pinpoint where it came from. I didn't have any "active" pimples on Tuesday night and they all seemed to be fading but today (Friday), I can feel two coming up under the surface. I wonder if this is stress or my face getting used to Dan's BP? I hope it clears soon cuz I was getting used to the clear face eusa_pray.gif

I've also got some red marks that seemed to be fading, albeit rather slowwwwly...

And just in case anyone is switching from Proactiv to Dan's, here's some differences I noticed between the two:

Dan's gel is a bit thicker and (in my opinion) takes longer to absorb than Proactiv's repairing lotion. It is fragrance free however, so that is a big plus.

Also when I put my makeup over my moisturizer (after I use BP), makeup kind of rolls off (ew>) with the moisturizer. Hmm, I attribute this to the gel's thickness but maybe I just need to let it dry more?

Well both products contain 2.5% bp right? No, it wouldn't affect your skin...or go through "purging" as some people call it. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Well my story:

Well I first used proactiv about 3 years ago. I had moderate acne. Stayed there for 1 year. I got frustrated because it never cleared me completely and considering the amount of money it costs to be on proactiv, it should've!!

Anyway, jumped to Dan's after proactiv. First time since starting acne that I was clear 100%.

However 2 weeks ago I started breaking out really bad due to stress of school projects and longer hours at work. (Bad combination) Then I bought Neutrogena's advanced solutions and it's cleared me right up.  biggrin.gif

proactiv freakin' sucks. when i tried it, it made my face breakout even more. and it eventually got worse.

the choice is obvious stick w/ the regimen. it is cheaper and it's just easy and common sense. it takes forever to use all that nasy proactiv stuff. plus it has stinky scents to it as well.

essentially, they are the same concept lol... minus the toner (which actually works quite well for skin tone....)