Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Cure (Caveman Regimen)

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/16/2015 8:44 am

Whadup! I am going to be very quick with this post.

Background:

African American and a Male, I suffered from this fucked up with called acne since I was about 16(Now 20). One descriptive thing about my condition is how inflamed my acne could become. I did not have patches or rashes of acne, more like individual inflamed pores that would become enlarged, literally like a painful red bubble. Those were the worst I would call cysts, sometimes they could be multiple inflamed pores next to each other.

On the other hand I had lighter acne that would still become inflamed but there weren't large bubbles.

What I've done so far:

DIET- Before starting the cavemen regimen, I have been on a low carb diet for 13 months (no starch, no wheat, no corn, very little sugar, no butter, no milk, no fast food, no soda, no juice, little fruits, alot of water, mostly protein like chicken, fish, a lot of veggies)

This diet resulted in a slight reduction in occurrences but I still were breaking out in little cyst and inflamed pores weekly.

GYM - At the beginning of 2015 I started working out 4 days a week, this has helped slightly as well but like before I still would break out weekly( 1-3 per week)

SUPPLEMENTS - I have tried..

1. Multivitamins (GNC mega men sports)

2. Probitotics (Nutrition Now: Pro-Biotics Acidophilus)

3. Fish oil ( GNC triple strength 1500 oil)

4. Wheat grass ( Amazing grass wheat grass powder)

Yet again, this worked but I would still breakout, once or twice a week. In conclusion, Diet, The gym, and Supplements have worked to a slight degree but it was not the answer i was looking for.

NOW:

Having run out of options and shit lol, I decided to try the caveman regimen. I have ran across this regimen before, countless times but I never took it serious. Think about it, "STOP WASHING YOUR FACE" that was the last thing I was thinking of ever doing. I mean come on, I have been washing my face with some kind of salicylic acid face soap for 6+ years DAILY. However, like I said, I ran out of options so now Im like fuck it lets see what happens.

CAVEMAN REGIMEN WEEK 1:

I started this no wash approach Friday night, That night was the last night I washed my face. Ironically that night I had two cokes with Jack Daniels, coconut shrimp and some cheese fires (Happy hour after work with coworkers, honestly it is impossible to have a social life when you eat such a restricted ass diet that i posted above. so that night I said fuck the diet.) The next morning( Saturday) I broke out on my chin which was expected so i wasn't really affected by it.

But after that Saturday, the first 24 hours of not washing my face, my pimples came to a head very quickly and healed even faster.

Today(Tuesday) would make it day 4 of the regimen and so far...NO NEW SPOTS. This is amazing because today and yesterday I ate waffles, with butter, and cereal with milk. FOODS I HAVE NOT EATEN IN MONTHS! God have I missed the taste. I know the regimen is working because the day after eating wheat,milk, butter ect I would breakout immediately. This has not happened yet I don't think it will.

I will keep this post updated. Along with the caveman regimen I am still working out 4 days a week, taking fish oils, multivitamins, and slowly reducing my restricted diet( I am greatly enjoying these waffles lol)

MemberMember
(@tiffypoo)

Posted : 06/17/2015 8:26 pm

yes, please update everybody lol i can't imagine how freaked out i would be if i went to bed without washing my face

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/18/2015 5:37 pm

I am not going to quit eating my favorite things and living my life catering to acne that much. I'd rather find a simple regimen that I have now which is working but good luck man! Let us know how it goes! Cheers

essex11 liked
MemberMember
(@rav101)

Posted : 06/18/2015 5:49 pm

Let us know how it's going, I'm thinking of starting it soon too but I have too many questions. But if I start this regimen I would have to stop applying benzoyl peroxide which is difficult to get off of so I'm slowly applying less and less. Update us!

Update: I'm deciding between the water regimen and the caveman regimen.. I still don't know what to do

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/20/2015 6:02 am

Update: End Of Week 1 (Day 7)

- Oily skin decreases dramatically after 5th day.

- Dead skin mask was heavy mostly around my nose, I removed it on day 4 by scratching it off with my pinky finger nail.

-Skin looks very even, pores have dramatically shrunk especially on my cheek and nose.

- redness dramatically reduced.

ALTHOUGH, I did get two new pimples( forehead and chin) on the morning of day 4 but they are cystic (under the skin) and are not that noticeable nor do they hurt. However, these are the only pimples on my face currently. If I did not have these I would be clear so Im keeping my head high.

- I know they there are hormonal (GF out of town this month so I've been choking the chicken all week lol)

- I will not masturbate all of week 2 and post results.

PS: this is the most liberating regimen to me. Psychologically I just feel better not worrying about what I eat. Especially, just hoping in and out of bed without worrying about face wash.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/20/2015 6:46 am

That sounds amazing to be honest. I wish I didn't have to worry about that. Unfortunately, for me, I picture my acne more like a maintenance program

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/20/2015 7:38 am

That sounds amazing to be honest. I wish I didn't have to worry about that. Unfortunately, for me, I picture my acne more like a maintenance program

Are you doing the caveman regimen? Do you know what kind of acne you have?

I used to think the same about my acne, but I realized after starting this regimen how much mental space acne takes up, that's all I would think about.

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/20/2015 8:38 am

Additional update day 7:

Another cyst came up on my forehead, just noticed it. It is becoming obvious and the one on my chin is more inflamed. ( I'm currently at 3 pimples total now)

I believe this has nothing to do with the regimen. Maybe my change of diet caused it.

I'm switching back to my restricted diet for week two as well. I think it is still hormonal but just to be safe.

I'll update in 4 days.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/20/2015 8:59 am

I personally would never do the caveman regimen because what I'm doing now is working. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't spend too much time worrying about my acne anymore actually. I used to though so I know how that goes. Almost all the people that try the caveman regimen, that I've seen, end up quitting because their acne comes on full force after a month or so. I'm not trying to discourage you, I just don't want to see you break out like crazy. Hope for the best, expect the worst . Cheers

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/22/2015 7:32 am

Update Day 10 :

- Cheeks still look amazing, nose looks better everyday.

- My skin is still purging only on forehead. I popped the cyst on my chin and is healing bueatifully. Popped one of the pimples on my forehead this morning so it will heal throughout the day.

- Currently I have only 2 cyst on my forehead.

- Inflammation of my current cyst have significantly decreased as my hormones are balancing out again.

Update again in 3 days

I personally would never do the caveman regimen because what I'm doing now is working. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't spend too much time worrying about my acne anymore actually. I used to though so I know how that goes. Almost all the people that try the caveman regimen, that I've seen, end up quitting because their acne comes on full force after a month or so. I'm not trying to discourage you, I just don't want to see you break out like crazy. Hope for the best, expect the worst . Cheers

I hear you. I actually plan to continue the caveman forever. After a month I will only use water. My pores have definitely shrunk especially on my cheeks and nose so it's working in that aspect. Glad whatever works for you is working. I'll keep this post updated.

MemberMember
(@drhenkel)

Posted : 06/22/2015 8:46 am

Doesen't the skin start to smell pretty awfully after a couple of days? I'm planning on trying caveman, I was just basically clear but today there popped up a couple of pimples.. FML

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/22/2015 9:53 am

Update Day 10 :

- Cheeks still look amazing, nose looks better everyday.

- My skin is still purging only on forehead. I popped the cyst on my chin and is healing bueatifully. Popped one of the pimples on my forehead this morning so it will heal throughout the day.

- Currently I have only 2 cyst on my forehead.

- Inflammation of my current cyst have significantly decreased as my hormones are balancing out again.

Update again in 3 days

I hear you. I actually plan to continue the caveman forever. After a month I will only use water. My pores have definitely shrunk especially on my cheeks and nose so it's working in that aspect. Glad whatever works for you is working. I'll keep this post updated.

Super happy to hear your skin is looking great! One thing I've heard from people after washing the face with water after so long without it is that it might flare up. So be gentle. I would also go and buy distilled water or bottled water of some sort since it is much cleaner for the first time you rinse your face. Again, I'm really glad things are looking up! Congrats and keep us updated! Cheers

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/22/2015 11:34 am

Doesen't the skin start to smell pretty awfully after a couple of days? I'm planning on trying caveman, I was just basically clear but today there popped up a couple of pimples.. FML

I don't really smell a difference. But of it ends up bothering you I would say go ahead and rinse with cold water for a second or two and pat dry. It's been 10 days no wash no water on my face and it's hardly a smell, atleast to me.

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/24/2015 8:43 am

Update Day 12: This post is going to end up being a no fap log.

- 12 days with caveman regimen and my nose, cheeks and finally my chin have all progressed amazingly. Caveman definitely works for me in that context.

Update Day 5: (No Fap)

- My face is technically clear other than my forehead. My forehead is on #warzone right now lol.

- 2 deep cyst that no longer hurt but are just chilling on my forehead.

- 6 other pimples are forming on my forehead, not cystic, but mild enough that you can feel them coming in.

NOTE: All the acne forming on my forehead are hormonal and not caused by the caveman regimen.

(GF is out of town all month, last week I fapped once everyday of the week and started breaking out on my forehead.)

Prior to GF, I had been fapping regularly since I was 12. If you google "over ejaculation and acne" you will find result that support the no fap theory. Apparently ejaculating everyday throws your adrenal gland system into overload then hormones are out of control.

I will keep this post updated on both No Fap and Caveman.

Next update in 3 days.

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/26/2015 6:43 pm

TWO WEEKS - Day 14 Caveman Regimen

ONE WEEK - Day 7 No Fap

- Cheeks: still getting better every day. No pimples here the whole week)

- Nose: accumulates dead skin very quickly, however still no pimples either. When I removed the dead skin today, my skin underneath was very soft and shrinkage of pores like on cheeks.

- Chin: has been cleared since last updated from 2 days ago, No pimples.

- Forehead aka #warzone :

No new pimples since two days ago. Still have two deep cyst that are not flatting at all. They are no longer reddish and no longer hurt but they are still just chilling on my forehead.

HOWEVER, about 30 minutes ago I just popped my other 3 inflamed pimples. So once these heal over night and throughout tomorrow, I will only have to deal with the dynamic cystic duo!

Like I stated previously, this war on my forehead was caused by my chronic hormonal imbalance due to excessive masturbation ( for more information on subject : )

I know for a fact the caveman regimen did not increase my acne, and has dramatically improved it and my skin complexion in general.

Update again in 3 days, hopefully my cyst will have started to flatten by then.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 06/27/2015 5:27 pm

Do you have links for the caveman diet. What are you not allowe to eat. And water can't touch your face? How do you shower ha

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/28/2015 9:04 am

Do you have links for the caveman diet. What are you not allowe to eat. And water can't touch your face? How do you shower ha

http://beyondtheblackmountain.com/2014/04/06/how-i-improved-my-acne-by-not-washing-my-face/

http://thelovevitamin.com/3135/caveman-regimen/

These are sources for the caveman regimen.

I'm not on the caveman diet, although I am on a restricted diet (no starch, no wheat, no corn, very little sugar, no butter, no milk, no dairy, no fast food, no soda, no juice, little fruits, alot of water, mostly protein like chicken, fish, a lot of veggies)

MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/29/2015 6:28 pm

DAY 16 CAVEMAN REGIMEN

DAY 10 NO FAP

Chin - Woke up with a pen sized white head, no inflammation, scratched off this morning, healed now.

Cheek - Woke up with clogged pore, developed into white head at work, NO INFLAMMATION, Popped 30 mins ago, should heal accordingly tonight.

Forehead - 3 Scar spots from popping inflamed pimples before the weekend( ill take scars over red inflamed spots any day) and the two cyst have FINALLY started to flatten out 2 days ago.

SO technically I ave no pimples on my face other than the healing cyst on my forehead.

I expect by the end of the week to see noticeable results and jaw dropping results in 4 weeks.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 06/29/2015 7:12 pm

wassup man. Glad you're going natural. I went natural years ago, and now at 19, I'm finally clear. I found out I had leaky gut, and started healing from there at like 18. That leaky gut caused my acne. And lemme tell you, antibiotics and all those other bullshit lab chemical acne medications would have just ruined my digestion system and make my acne worse.

MemberMember
(@ninjection)

Posted : 11/29/2015 6:26 pm

Aww man wish u kept posting full metal. Look up the youtuber rmp kenpachi. U kinda remind me of him. He is hilarious like one of the funniest awesomest guys ever. He has struggled with mb for a while now andis a real inspiration