Notifications
Clear all

Question About Sauna And Acne

MemberMember
(@saunaaaaaaaaa)

Posted : 06/15/2015 2:34 pm

I have been using a sauna the past few days to try and clear up my acne and it appears to be helping. I am trying to avoid setbacks so I wanted to ask if I am going about in doing this the right way. I wash my face before I go into the sauna with a cleanser, go in for about 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees. Afterwards, I do not cleanse my face again but instead just put cold water on it to close the pores. Should I cleanse again after within that 15 minute period or would that be too much? I know that washing your face too much can be just as bad as not washing it so should I wash before and after I go in or not? And if not how much later should I wait to wash again? What other ways could I go about this to make sure my skin is as good as it can be? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@99acneproblems)

Posted : 06/16/2015 6:52 pm

Hey Sauna, I love the sauna myself. It sounds like you got it under control, but be careful not to touch your face while you are in the sauna with your hands or a towel. I always make that mistake. Just a FYI

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/18/2015 7:16 pm

A sauna has great benefits for acne-prone skin but you do need to take precaution. It is very important to have a clean face and to avoid touching your skin. Do not attempt wiping off your sweat. As your pores tend to open up you can spread bacteria which will not help your break outs.

You shouldn't stay more then 15 minutes at a time and you have to make sure you take a shower as soon as you come out.

As long as you are seeing good results, then continue with this treatment. What works for one, may not work for another !

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/18/2015 8:03 pm

I think the sauna is a good idea! Although I think the steam room would be even better. But even better than all of the above would be exercise! Really sweating out all that sh** is great. Working out sucks, I know, but the pay off is great. Plus it gets your blood circulating more and helps improve stress levels more! Great post though! Maybe I'll try the sauna out at the gym after I work out. Cheers!