Notifications
Clear all

Why Does My Skin Texture Look This Way! (With Pics)

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/13/2015 11:12 am

I need help! I am a 25 year old and my skin looks very weird and damaged! I broke out with some pretty inflamed and irritated acne in April... It has since gotten waaaay better but I feel like my skin has been very damaged. Even when the acne was at its worst I noticed a very weird texture to my face... Looked like open pores but when my face is stretched they look normal... Almost like sagging or stretched out skin... The acne is improving greatly but texture remains rough... When you feel it it feels smooth though. This is happening even on the areas where there were not any pimples... Am I stuck with this horrible texture... I know some are scars but the other areas concern me. Anyone experience this before? Will it return to prior texture once healing is done?

post-473732-0-02252200-1434211894_thumb.

post-473732-0-62384200-1434211937_thumb.

post-473732-0-63607000-1434218568_thumb.

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/14/2015 9:58 am

Anyone? I'm desperate to get my old smooth skin back!

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 06/16/2015 12:36 pm

This is what mine look like too. I've been trying to find a way to get rid of them as well. Nothing so far has worked. Hopefully someone will have answers for us.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/18/2015 10:09 pm

Hmmm it almost looks like a reaction to something. Is it itchy? You could try using different make up. Make sure you use non comedogenic make up. And oil free moisturizer. What helped me was using an exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells once a week. After a while it will heal and a good amount of spots should be gone. Hope this helps :/ keep me updated. Cheers.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:11 am

Pure Aloe Vera gel ! It does wonders. I also did a couple of microdermabraison treatments and it really helped to smooth things out. But it will make your skin red and irritated for about 2 days prior to treatment.

After about 10 treatments your skin should look much better =)

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/23/2015 10:44 am

Thanks guys... Acne is still greatly improving! However... This horrible texture remains... The weird part is that my left side looks worse than my right... Here is an updated pic of today :( let me know what you think!

I've tried intense hydration masks, serums, moisturizers... Nothing seems to plump my skin back up or get rid of this crinkley porous texture. Anyone else experience this or know of it will heal?

post-473732-0-73909800-1435074091_thumb.

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/23/2015 10:03 pm

I started tretinoin micro 0.04% last night... I plan on starting every other or every third night to begin and I am also using a hydrating serum and cerave lotion... Just thought I would share my plan with you guys and keep you posted... Fingers crossed!!!

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/23/2015 10:49 pm

CeraVe broke me out SO bad..

One of the biggest regrets I've ever put on my skin.

May not be the same for you though. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:22 am

I have used cerave without problems... I was using benzamycin so my skin is pretty dried out... Oily at the same time... Cerave has great ingredients to help restore! So... Used the tretinoin 2 nights ago... Just moisturized last night woke up looking not too terrible... Until I put on my make up! Flake city! The flakiness is much worse in my weird textured areas... Maybe those areas are dead and dry and need to come off... Let's hope so! Anyway... Not much redness this morning so I think I will use the tretinoin again tonight and try to stick to every other night. Needless to say, I think I will look like a peeling mess for a while until my face gets used to the new medicine.

Would love input from other retin a users!

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/27/2015 12:29 pm

Not sure if anyone is reading this but I'll post anyways. :) I started the tretinoin on Tuesday... I haven't really had much happen... No irritation or super sensitive red areas... Just flaking... And flaking... And more flaking. Still only in the areas which were damaged... Which gives me hope that I'm flaking off the stuff that really needed to go! I look really scary, with or without makeup... But at least my makeup covers my red marks I suppose! Still going every other night... No new pimples... Small blackheads from before are either the same or disappearing... I am hoping that since my acne was already clearing (was on benzamycin and still taking keflex) I might just avoid irritation and new pimples... Time will tell! :)

I also have a few scars and I'm hoping the tretinoin might help me out a little bit with those!

MemberMember
(@megan2015)

Posted : 06/30/2015 5:55 pm

All is going well with the tetinoin! Today is one week... I am switching to every night now. Small blackheads still surfacing, peeling has died down a bit... Red marks are improving. My fave cannot decide if it's dry, oily or both... Still have the icky texture but am confident the this will help! :) If anyone's reading my progress I would love to hear from you!

madmax91 liked
MemberMember
(@madmax91)

Posted : 09/25/2015 4:22 pm

any updates on your skin from using tretinoin? debating if i should start using or not?

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/09/2016 3:16 am

Hey did your skin ever return to normal?