Notifications
Clear all

Is It Safe To Take 1 20Mg Accutane Pill Per Week?

MemberMember
(@bernard81)

Posted : 06/12/2015 7:41 pm

Hi,

I was on a 6 month accutane a few years ago and it almost cured all my acne problems. However after I stopped it, acne, especially in my scalp and around my nose, started returning after a while.

Since then I have been taking Accutane on and off. Now I wanted to make this more organized and I thought about taking just 1 20mg pill per week.

I was wondering if this is safe?

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@jennjennjenn)

Posted : 06/13/2015 12:08 am

Ask your doctor! No one on this board can tell you whether you have some type of pre-exisiting imbalance/other issue that would make this unsafe for you personally.

That being said, there's a thread about long term low-dose accutane treatments, that probably has the information you want.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 06/13/2015 1:02 am

You shouldn't take Accutane in any way, shape, or form without proper consultation and instruction by your doctor. It's a very dangerous medication if you get it wrong. Could you see your doctor to discuss a low dose course?

MemberMember
(@someonegood12)

Posted : 06/14/2015 11:45 pm

Ya if three people tell you its a bad idea in a row it probably is....Theres a reason they do blood tests every month!I feel like that is taking risk without getting reward