Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bernard81

Is It Safe To Take 1 20Mg Accutane Pill Per Week?

Hi,

I was on a 6 month accutane a few years ago and it almost cured all my acne problems. However after I stopped it, acne, especially in my scalp and around my nose, started returning after a while.

Since then I have been taking Accutane on and off. Now I wanted to make this more organized and I thought about taking just 1 20mg pill per week.

I was wondering if this is safe?

Thanks in advance.

Ask your doctor! No one on this board can tell you whether you have some type of pre-exisiting imbalance/other issue that would make this unsafe for you personally.

That being said, there's a thread about long term low-dose accutane treatments, that probably has the information you want.

Edited by jennjennjenn

You shouldn't take Accutane in any way, shape, or form without proper consultation and instruction by your doctor. It's a very dangerous medication if you get it wrong. Could you see your doctor to discuss a low dose course?

Ya if three people tell you its a bad idea in a row it probably is.... Theres a reason they do blood tests every month! I feel like that is taking risk without getting reward