Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kamstan

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN

OK OK so I know it's only been a week since my last peel, but i got such good results that i couldn't wait the 4-6 week time to do it again that they recamended. This peel is so awsome, and i wanted to get another one in before thanksgiving and allow myself time to heal before then. You guys should seriously try this peel it is soo good, best results ive gotten from anything.

*shakes head*

I hope you don't ruin your skin. I wonder if it's watered down?

When you say

best results ive gotten from anything

*shakes head*

I hope you don't ruin your skin. I wonder if it's watered down?

When you say  What exactly do you mean? Did it improve some red marks, or what?

i think u should take it easyyyy and have patience doing a peel right next to another may not seem like a big deal, but it may ruin your face in the long run,,hell even in the short run,so please be carefull, don't wanna be writting a thread titled "burned my face!! help!" right??

Guest Scorpioness

I have to admit, I'm finding the Jessner's peel a little tempting, since TCA breaks me out.

I'm afraid to try any strong peels, since 30% glycolic broke me out pretty bad. sad.gif I may look into this or SA though, since it helps acne as well as skin tone, or maybe a strong lactic. (I have 40%)

Ive had Jessner Peel done at the Dr. Office before.. There is potential to rescar the skin with Jessner so its vital that you let everything peel off naturally, do not pick or peel off yourself..

The results i got were decent i guess.. I recently did a Jessner+TCA combo on my temples only.. I seemed to have gotten decent results

Guest Scorpioness
I'm afraid to try any strong peels, since 30% glycolic broke me out pretty bad. sad.gif I may look into this or SA though, since it helps acne as well as skin tone, or maybe a strong lactic. (I have 40%)

The Jessner peel has SA in it, which is one of the reasons I am interested, since SA peels work for well for acne and can help to prevent breakouts.

HOWEVER, I have not had good luck using strong salicylic acid peels. I actually prefer TCA, because it gives more even peeling with less irritation. I have been burned with SA before. It tends to cause a lot of redness and irritation, as well as a 'flaking' (and scabbing if used in a high dosage) off of skin, rather than a TCA type of 'peeling' where the skin comes off in strips and you get a deeper peel. SA doesn't go as deep, and I can only handle a low percentage of it without getting burned.

I like the deep peel and low irratation factor of TCA, with the anti acne activity of SA. Maybe this Jessners peel can give me the best of both worlds.

By the way OG, be very careful if you are going to use an SA peel. Just a heads up... I wouldn't suggest going higher than 20%.

And these deeper peels like Jessners and TCA are a whole different ballgame than 30% glycolic, so always patch test somewhere on your face first.... I'm sure you know that, it's just another heads up! smile.gif

KAMSTAN: I have used the TCA Complex from Perfect Complexion, yes. It broke me out horribly among other things. I had better luck mixing down my own pure TCA, but I still had some minor breakouts from it. The TCA Complex broke me out in cysts, and since the ingredients of the TCA Complex are not listed on the product, I would suggest staying away from it at all costs.

Thanks for the heads up Svixen. biggrin.gif

NOTE: the strength of a Jessner's Peel depends on how many layers are used. There are different phases, which can make the peel anywhere from mild, to deep, similar to the Blue Peel. Quite neat really. smile.gif

I must add my two cents here, as I've also done a Jessner's peel at home sometime ago, daredevil that I am.

I haven't repeated the experience which speaks more than anything else perhaps; although I came through everything with fairly good results.

My concern with the Jessners Peel (which also came from the Gecko lady on Ebay) is that for me the pain (yes knee bending anxiety inducing discomfort) on first contact makes for an uneven application. My hands were shaking, making finishing my whole face problematic. I consider myself to have fairly hardy skin, not exactly delicate rose petals by age 33 now so I wouldn't say that I am especailly sensitve. I'm not sure how one could apply a second layer.

I did peel more deeply in someplace more than others, unintentionally, the solution seems to collect around my nose and mouth (which wasn't neccesary) and actually scab over. But when all had shed, this wasn't apparent, thank goodness indeed.

Also, I did call into work sick for two days the peeling was so oblivious for me and "I sunburned a litttle skiing" wasn't a creditiable white lie anylonger. The first two days if I recall right the skin was just tight and red and then the fun started so plan for this if you wish.

And was I satisfied with the results? Yes, its true my face was as soft as the proverbial babies bottom, softer than I could ever remember; which lasted about week or so. My scaring is quite superficial I should like to think and isolated, to perhaps 4 or 5 scars in all. After one go around with the Jessner's I would say that they improved 30-40 percent, but still of course visible if one want's to look too close. As well, my active acne (mild) did clear completely for about a month which was a bonus.

Take this as you may. The reason that I would hesistant to go through another Jessner's (just persoanally speaking) is indeed the difficulty in application due to the speedy rate in which it burns, time involved for peeling and yes the potential of true injury, sorry to say. I am grateful I came through this just fine.

Some unsolicited advice is to familiarise oneself with the frosting experience and desirable level of sting in a more mild peel before you are up for this one, if you are otherwise convinced. I am happy with the 20 percent SA peels for the time being; they do allow you to gradually increase the number of layers (or at least this is how I'm going about it) as you are applying the peel and it's also beneficial to the fight against new pimples.

Best of luck eveyone.

I must add my two cents here, as I've also done a Jessner's peel at home sometime ago, daredevil that I am.

I haven't repeated the experience which speaks more than anything else perhaps; although I came through everything with fairly good results.

My concern with the Jessners Peel (which also came from the Gecko lady on Ebay) is that for me the pain (yes knee bending anxiety inducing discomfort) on first contact makes for an uneven application. My hands were shaking. I consider myself to have fairly hardy skin, not exactly delicate rose petals by age 33 now so I wouldn't say that I am especailly sensitve. I'm not sure how one could apply a second layer. 

I did peel more deeply in someplace more than others, unintentionally, the solution seems to collect around my nose and mouth and actually scab over. But when all had shed, this wasn't apparent, thank goodness indeed.

Also, I did call into work sick for two days the peeling was so oblivious for me and "I sunburned a litttle skiing" wasn't a creditiable white lie anylonger.  The first two days if I recall right the skin was just tight and red and then the fun started so plan for this if you wish.

And was I satisfied with the results? Yes, its true my face was as soft as the proverbial babies bottom, softer than I could ever remember; which lasted about week or so. My scaring is quite superficial I should like to think and isolated, to perhaps 4 or 5 scars in all.  After one go around with the Jessner's I would say that they improved 30-40 percent, but still of course visible if one want's to look too close. As well, my active acne (mild) did clear completely for about a month which was a bonus.

Take this as you may. The reason that I would hesistant to go through another Jessner's (just persoanally speaking) is indeed the difficulty in application due to the speedy rate in which it burns, time involved for peeling and yes the possiblity of true injury, sorry to say.  I am grateful I came through  this just fine.

Some unsolicited advice is  to familiarise oneself with the frosting experience and desirable level of sting in a mild peel  before you are up for this one, if you are otherwise convinced. I am happy with the 20 percent SA peels for the time being; they do allow you to gradually increase the number of layers (or at least this is how I'm going about it) as you are applying the peel and it's also beneficial to the fight against new pimples.

Best of luck eveyone.

For you guys who have had a jessner or tca peel, did any of you use copperpeptides along with the peels for scar improvement? I am going to stop being so cheap and order a few products, one being a good but safe peel and I also want to try the copper peptides. smile.gif

Thanks rosalinda for posting your experience with the product. It's good to have a balance of experiences on the same or similar products so that people realize that their results may not be the same, and may not be as positive.

What is important to remember here is that everyones skin is different, the peel may work differntly for everyone, that is why it is so important to do the patch test first. With that being said i think thats true for any peel though, some may not be able to handle aha peels, tca peel..ect..

For you guys who have had a jessner or tca peel, did any of you use copperpeptides along with the peels for scar improvement? I am going to stop being so cheap and order a few products, one being a good but safe peel and I also want to try the copper peptides. smile.gif