Notifications
Clear all

Post-Accutane Scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/12/2015 2:51 pm

I completed my Accutane treatment and now I am supposed to wait 6 months-1 year before I proceed with the scar treatments.

My doctor who will perform the subcision told me that 6 months would be enough.

In the meantime I'll try to combat the discoloration by applying fortifying serums/creams. Time is on my side... I've read that 6 months is all it takes for the PIH to fade away. My face is still drier than it used to be and I hope it stays that way, because I don't want to deal with the same oily mess again.

MemberMember
(@tduddits)

Posted : 06/12/2015 8:35 pm

Hi ToTheMoonAndBack,

Looking at your Accutane log your skin is VERY similar to mine. Does the doc only think subcision will work and not any other treatments? Is there any possible complications to subcision that he told you about?

Right now I am on Day 15 of Absorica and I am feeling pretty down right now about my blemishes. I am also super paranoid about scarring but I just need to stay positive and after my accutane treatment I can always make the scarring better with treatments. I will definitely follow your scarring treatment journey and good luck with everything.

Any advice or encouragement about the Accutane process would be really helpful.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/13/2015 10:55 pm

Hi ToTheMoonAndBack,

Looking at your Accutane log your skin is VERY similar to mine. Does the doc only think subcision will work and not any other treatments? Is there any possible complications to subcision that he told you about?

Right now I am on Day 15 of Absorica and I am feeling pretty down right now about my blemishes. I am also super paranoid about scarring but I just need to stay positive and after my accutane treatment I can always make the scarring better with treatments. I will definitely follow your scarring treatment journey and good luck with everything.

Any advice or encouragement about the Accutane process would be really helpful.

Hey there,

My best advice would be to make your journey as easy as possible for yourself. What helped me was trying new makeup until I found something that looked really nice. I wish I didn't obsess over the whole process with the pictures and ranting on here. The "journey" is nothing more than taking 1-2 pills a day, but I completely understand why it's so emotional to many of us. It shouldn't be that way though, so take it easy. Forget you're on accutane.

My doc hasn't recommended subcision, it's my decision to go with it with a different Derm who specializes in it.