Notifications
Clear all

Your Acne Does Not Define You

MemberMember
(@heytomodell)

Posted : 06/12/2015 12:22 am

I am a 15 year old who has struggled since i was in 6th grade. All i can say is that acne has been terrible. I have tried EVERYTHING. I tried bone broth (grossest thing), vegan diet, clean eating (no processed), indian healing clay, acv, zinc, vitamin d3, benzoyl peroxide, epiduo, anti biotics, manuka honey ect ect... Nothing even improved it a little. Just dried our my sensitive skin. I know life would be easier with clear skin.i have oily skin that gets inflammed and worse with stress (aka school). My acne seems ok right now cus im at the beach and got tan which short term helps and also no stress. Being the only friend with acne is hard but you learn that it doesnt it define you. I will no longer let acne control my life and lower my confidence. Real beauty and freedom will come when you stop obsessing over your flaws and accept you for you. That being said i would lovesome suggestions im thinking of trying vitamin a, omega 3 and vitamin b

254fgjjk liked
MemberMember
(@nicoblossom)

Posted : 06/12/2015 12:29 pm

Hi Heytomodell, I feel the same way. I'm older than you, 25, but I also had the realization today that acne doesn't define me. Acne doesn't affect my worth or value. So, together with you, I'm going to ignore it. I'm going to go about my business loving life and caring for my skin in the best way possible.

Since I haven't had success, I don't want to give input on your vitamin questions. I'm starting oregano oil, garlic and olive leaf extract with beta carotene next week. Crossing my fingers!

Have a good weekend, friend.

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 06/12/2015 9:52 pm

Oh I love this thread so much :) I am constantly trying to get the message across that we can't help our acne. Why do we feel so ashamed of bumps on our face that we can't control? Rather than trying to fight against my acne, I just accept that it's a part of my body. Some days it's really physically painful, other days it's much better. Regardless, nothing else about me changes, so why should my mood be dictated by my skin?

MemberMember
(@looking2thefuture)

Posted : 06/13/2015 1:01 pm

Good for a positive thread:) I'm 30 soon suffered from acne on and off since I was 19. Now it does not define you. I've accepted i may always have some degree of acne. I'll keep fighting it. But there are worse things to have in life believe me. I don't come here often as I think its a negative forum overall. The only way to deal with this is to keep

I ing your life and keep fighting your acne. It can be done. It does not define you, it defines you if you let it.