Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkacid

Ive tried 90% of over the the counter medications

I have tried everything there is , oxy 5 , clearsil all types of clearsil basically scrubs and ive even tried washing my face in salt water , i swim daily and still nothing it's really depressing me because ive tried all i can do i don't eat junk or nothing there are other's at my school that eat all this junk and they don't seem to get pimples or nothing.

Im willing to spend any amount of money as long as there's a way to fix up the pimples i really wanna get rid of them.

Here is a picture of the pimples on the effected area on my chin

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=461

The doctor has given me alot of medications none of them are really working , salt water seems to make them more irritated and spread more , i drink litres of water daily and it doesn't seem to do nothing , i really have tried most of the stuff..

eusa_wall.gif

I use mandelic acid (Nucelle) from skincarerx.com. Have you tried that? I can't do the tane because I suffer from clinical depression.It helped when a lot of other options had been exhausted.It worked better than I could have hoped and right away.

Don't kid yourself, the over the counter products will do next to nothing for what you have.

You need accutane, or an oral antibiotic.

If an oral antibiotic is scripted, it will most likely be in combination with retin-a/differen gel, and a topical antibiotic.

If the doctor prescribes you a gel or cream treatment, you need to apply it religiously for the full term of the treatment. With the acne you have, you will NOT notice improvement for months. It will get MORE red, dry, and break out even more, BEFORE it gets better.

Use any treatment sparingly at first to prevent inflammation. Remember - OVER APPLYING what the doctor gives you will not improve the effectiveness, but will just make your face even more red/painful.

Stop ALL other treatments WHILE you are on the doctor's plan.

Trust me, I've been there, but the right medications do work.

-Eric

Don't kid yourself, the over the counter products will do next to nothing for what you have.

You need accutane, or an oral antibiotic.

If an oral antibiotic is scripted, it will most likely be in combination with retin-a/differen gel, and a topical antibiotic.

If the doctor prescribes you a gel or cream treatment, you need to apply it religiously for the full term of the treatment. With the acne you have, you will NOT notice improvement for months. It will get MORE red, dry, and break out even more, BEFORE it gets better.

Use any treatment sparingly at first to prevent inflammation. Remember - OVER APPLYING what the doctor gives you will not improve the effectiveness, but will just make your face even more red/painful.

Stop ALL other treatments WHILE you are on the doctor's plan.

Trust me, I've been there, but the right medications do work.

-Eric

i haven't seen a dermatologist , keep in mind im only 15 and my parents keep telling me it's hormones blah blah , so i went and saw a doctor , guess ill have to see a derm.