Notifications
Clear all

What Are These Red Marks? Is It Scarring?! How To Help Them? Help Needed Its Stressful!

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 06/08/2015 11:50 am

Hi guys so I have stopped most of my acne however have had these horrible marks on my skin that make it just look awful for the past 3 months :(

What are they? What can I do to help get rid of them? Best foods/products/vitamins to help the cause and get rid of them quick, want to hopefully have the majority of them gone by September :(

Also what toner should I get? What products should I look for it to have and which to avoid? Like alcohol?

Thanks in advance guys!

Picture:

post-454038-0-60768500-1433782126.jpg

Under strong light:

post-454038-0-50269600-1433782219.jpg

MemberMember
(@jonaaar)

Posted : 06/08/2015 11:56 am

I think it's either post-inflammatory hypgerpigmentation or post-inflammatory erythima. If they are more red/pinkish they're more likely to be post-inflammatory erythima, which there is not much knowledge about on the internet unfortunately. However, they will over time dissapear, ranging from months to years. I'm also suffering with red marks all over my cheeks, and they have over a period of 6 months decreased in color, however they're still very visible. If you still struggle with these marks for a LONG time, laser treatment is an option to make them dissapear. (based om my research, not a dermatologist!)

As for holistic approach, I've heard eating a lot of vitamin C is good for the skin, as well as putting it ont your skin, as well as putting lemon on the red marks.

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 06/08/2015 5:58 pm

I think it's either post-inflammatory hypgerpigmentation or post-inflammatory erythima. If they are more red/pinkish they're more likely to be post-inflammatory erythima, which there is not much knowledge about on the internet unfortunately. However, they will over time dissapear, ranging from months to years. I'm also suffering with red marks all over my cheeks, and they have over a period of 6 months decreased in color, however they're still very visible. If you still struggle with these marks for a LONG time, laser treatment is an option to make them dissapear. (based om my research, not a dermatologist!)

As for holistic approach, I've heard eating a lot of vitamin C is good for the skin, as well as putting it ont your skin, as well as putting lemon on the red marks.

Hi, thanks for the reply, how would i be able to tell the difference between the two? and is there nothing else at all in which i can do to help it speed up or anything

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 06/11/2015 1:23 pm

upup