Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lyssa01

Can I Use Benzaclin Gel(Benzoyl Peroxide/clyndamycin) & Salicylic Acid Together?

I was recently prescibed Bezaclin Gel about a week ago & I was told to use a moisturizer. The moisterizer I use contains salicylic acid, & I was wondering if this is too much chemicals to be putting on my face. My face is very dry still. Also when I apply the lotion my face burns a little bit. Do I need to change the moisturizer?

I've been on Benzaclin before, and I remember it made my skin a little more sensitive. Reason being, it has benzoyl peroxide in it (as well as clindamycin), which can be drying. I wouldn't reccommend using a moisturizer with salicylic acid in it, because it's another thing that's supposed to help with acne (therefore it's pretty drying too).

A good mositurizer to look for would be oil-free and non-comedogenic. As well, just becuase a moisturizer is dermatologist tested/recommended, doesn't mean it's an amazing one - that should be taken with a grain of salt. I like the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer, because it's light and sinks in quickly, while moisturizing at the same time. A little goes a long way. I know a lot of people also like Cerave, Eucerin, Neutrogena and Clean & Clear. But different moisturizers work for different people, so just experiment a little and do some research on one that you like. Hope this helps and good luck. (: