Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgitspres

I FINALLY FOUND WHY WHY GIRLS DONT GET ACNE!

BIRTH CONTROL!! my mom just said that the reason most girls my age (15) have perfect skin is because birth control is really good for you hair & skin! that sux!!! its things like this that make me wish i was a girl lol!! is there anything like this for guys??? there has to be an equivalent to guys there just has to!!!! no wonder girls at my school have perfect skin! this sux my whole week is ruined!!!

Ummm...just so ya know birth control is not a miracle drug. There are different types to take for acne and what may work for one woman, may not work for another. Plus, because your body is adjusting to all the new hormones, at first we are very prone to initial breakouts. Yes, it helps and for those with decent skin it probably makes it look that much better but women who are on birth control can still have bad acne. I hope my Diane-35 hurrys up and clears my skin though. confused.gif Would be nice. *Sigh*

BIRTH CONTROL!! my mom just said that the reason most girls my age (15) have perfect skin is because birth control is really good for you hair & skin! that sux!!! its things like this that make me wish i was a girl lol!! is there anything like this for guys??? there has to be an equivalent to guys there just has to!!!! no wonder girls at my school have perfect skin! this sux my whole week is ruined!!!

bringing that up i think its funny that every girl in schools now are on birth control.. all girls are sluts now isent it great ! lol

you guys please answer the question! is there an equivalent of some sort to guys?? anything i can take thats like birth control but is for men?

dude, what's wrong with you? you really believe anything anyone tells you don't you? birth control breaks a TON of girls out, including me. i have never met a bcp that doesn't break me out. but hey, if it really is the miracle pill, why don't you try taking it?

btw, girls tend to get acne later in life. for guys it comes with puberty.

like dude..... its going to your doctor and gettin a prescription like anitbotic's or maybe even accutane which i have started two weeks ago and its going good so far..... lol.gif

It's more difficult for men to treat their acne through the use of direct antiandrogens, like Birth Control (estrogen is antiandrogenic) or Spironolactone (blocks androgen receptor) because well.....you may lose those feelings that will make you act & think & feel like a "man" Granted once you stop the spiro at least, you will become normal, but estrogen, especially if you are going through pubertry will permantently mess you up physically if you take it long enough.

However, from what I've noticed on these boards men do well by using natural and/or more so indirectantiandrogens that are:

Insulin Sensitizers - Avandia, Chromium GTF, R-ALA, NAC, Cinnamon (not if you are hypoglycemic), D-Chiro Inositol (Buckwheat Farinetta), Green Tea (EGCG), Glucomannon Fiber capsules

Fat Metabolizers - Niacin, B5, Guggulipids, NAC, R-ALA, Fish Oil, and Nicomide, Green Tea, Beta Sitosterol (1000x more potent than Saw Palmetto)

Adrenal Balancers - Glucocorticoids, & certain herbs

You also tend to do better on Anti-inflammatories such as:

Fish Oils or Neptune Krill Oil (omega 3s)

GLA - Gamma Lineoleic Acid (omega 3) that also inhibits DHT (super androgen) by 80%

Zinc (+ B6) - Zinc Gluconate (a DHT inhibitor too) inhibits acne 30%, I guess most forms (optizinc, sulphate, citrate, etc) will work and the RIGHT form of B6 (Pyridoxal HCL, Pyridoxal Phosphate & maybe Pyridoxamine....NO, I repeat NO Pyridoxine) will also work as DHT inibitor

Nicomide - has all the benefits of a fat metabolizer, dht inhibitor, antiandrogen, and anti-inflammatory through the use of 4,000% niacin along with zinc, copper, folic acid! http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Nicomide_Tablets.html

Boswellic Acid

Dexamethasone - glucocorticoid that can alsp be antiandrogenic in imbalanced systems where the adrenal gland is over producing steriod hormone due to a malfunctioning enzyme

There's a few others, but these tend to be the most popular around here and while they've got enough scientific support, you've gotta find out which ones work best for you.

Debnonaire and Johny1- just cause you're both ugly and have tons of acne doesn't mean you should take out your teen angst on girls you know nothing about. People go on birth control for lots of different reasons, and it definitely doesn't mean they're sluts. It's immature to hate on people just because you're both too gross to get laid! Truly pathetic.

Birth control may clear you up, but when you get off them. Bam! An explosion on your face due to the hormone changes.

Debnonaire and Johny1- just cause you're both ugly and have tons of acne doesn't mean you should take out your teen angst on girls you know nothing about. People go on birth control for lots of different reasons, and it definitely doesn't mean they're sluts. It's immature to hate on people just because you're both too gross to get laid! Truly pathetic.

we wear makeup 2 u know!! if u boyz would talk 2 us then we would go home with u and u could see us without makeup wub.gif ,,,we got zits 2 eusa_sick.gifsad.gifsad.gif

i have noticed acne in females may be more common but less severe than male acne. men with bad acne can have acne that looks much worse because of the testosterone and androgen hormones i believe. also women and young girls can use concealer, foundation, and powder to camouflage our zits and scarring. i have been on birth control in the past (over 2 years ago) and it did not do much for my acne but it did regulate my cycle so that it was 28 days instead of every 23-26 days. it depends on the cause of the acne. often times we get zits around the time of our period. that is when our hormones can get crazy and we can get moodier, more horny, or angrier than usual. i read that in adulthood more women than men have acne and this might be related to the stress of being female in a male dominated world. women tend to be more emotional and there is a certain frustration in not having as much power or control as a male at least for me.

my own brothers had relatively clear skin until they were about 16 and then they got bad male type acne. i believe it's the hormones.

i read that in adulthood more women than men have acne and this might be related to the stress of being female in a male dominated world. women tend to be more emotional and there is a certain frustration in not having as much power or control as a male at least for me. 

Actually its just because after puberty, males hormones generally balance out.. where as females dont always.. because of stuff like their mentration cycle and menopause and all that jazz.