Notifications
Clear all

Getting Rid Of Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@candy1180)

Posted : 06/04/2015 10:40 am

Hi guys, I have been suffering from hormonal acne since like a month and this triggered due to homeopathic treatment going on for my period problems, Let me tell you a little bit of history. My periods have always been irregular and no I dont have PCOS. The doctors say the cysts may develop soon until I do something about them. I am 19. So I started with this homeo treatment and it kinda worked I got my periods as soon as I took them but intstead I am getting a lot of painful pimples. The doctor said these pimples are a part of treatment and they would come.

I was always acne prone but I never broke out this much even if I did i would get rid of them with couple of home remedies and they would work pretty well.

These pimples are starting to affect my confidence and my face looks pretty bad no matter what I do they would just come. Is there anyway I could stop them? Or atleast reduce their appearance? they are damn painful and red.

Any home remedies?

Also how long will it take to get rid of them.

I almost had a clear face but now its just ruined :(

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 06/04/2015 1:06 pm

What kind of homeopathic treatment are you doing to regulate your cycles? it seems like it's throwing your hormones out of wack if you're breaking out really bad.

MemberMember
(@candy1180)

Posted : 06/05/2015 4:01 am

What kind of homeopathic treatment are you doing to regulate your cycles? it seems like it's throwing your hormones out of wack if you're breaking out really bad.

I really dont know what kind of treatement it is. All I know that the doctor has given me high potency medicines, to regulate my periods as soon as possible.

Do you think it is due to the treatment? She said pimples are a part of the treatment.

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 06/05/2015 7:16 am

What kind of doctor is she? My endo wanted to put me on provera when I wasn't getting my period but I refused because I know people break out from it. Is that what you're taking? It's real western medicine though, not homeopathic . I don't think acne should ever be "part of the treatment," and I think if the treatment is making you break out you should have the right to not continue taking the medicine if you don't want to. If you're breaking out bad, the medicine probably isn't doing your body any good and it seems like it's throwing your hormones off

MemberMember
(@candy1180)

Posted : 06/07/2015 4:14 am

What kind of doctor is she? My endo wanted to put me on provera when I wasn't getting my period but I refused because I know people break out from it. Is that what you're taking? It's real western medicine though, not homeopathic . I don't think acne should ever be "part of the treatment," and I think if the treatment is making you break out you should have the right to not continue taking the medicine if you don't want to. If you're breaking out bad, the medicine probably isn't doing your body any good and it seems like it's throwing your hormones off

I dont want to discontinue the meds because then I wont be able to regularize my period and hence there will be a high risk of PCOS. The thing is, I have tried many meds to help me with this but nothing seems to work. This was the only one which worked and besides I am a little hesitant to start allopathic medicines this early. So this is the only option I have.

Can you suggest any remedies to get rid of it?

I have heard about honey and cinnamon. Does it work?

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 06/07/2015 7:28 am

Topicals most likely won't prevent the new acne because the acne is caused by hormones but treating the existing acne with something like manuka honey may help calm the inflamation! most people use benzoyl peroxide to spot treat, but if your skin is sensitive then stay away from that. My derm just gave me metronizadole cream to try it (it's an antibiotic cream.) for me topicals don't usuly help too much, but they're a part of the process in controlling the acne ughhhh

MemberMember
(@candy1180)

Posted : 06/07/2015 1:04 pm

That's the thing! New acne keeps coming! :(

Everyday I wake up to at least 2 new pimples!!

Nothing seems to work.

Skin is worsening day by day :(

MemberMember
(@loveorange10)

Posted : 06/10/2015 12:43 am

The benzoyl peroxide & AHA lotion from acne.org is the best! I'm 23 and have hormonal acne as well. Been using the acne.org regimine for about 3 years and in February I decided to stop the benzoyl peroxide to see if my acne was still a problem.. and... well it is. I've been on the birth control shot (Depo-Provera) for around 4.5 yrs, though, so maybe that's causing the acne. So I will be ordering some more BP & AHA from acne.org ASAP!! I'm also using their cleanser and moisturizer, but I never discontinued those.

For a DIY remedy, you can also try essential oils like Tea Tree or Frankincense. Christine Kobzeff on Youtube has a whole channel of DIY recipes for skin care and other stuff. You should check her out for some ideas.

MemberMember
(@candy1180)

Posted : 06/10/2015 1:50 am

I am on BP too! Doesn't seem to help me at all :/ never tried AHA tho. Might give it a try.

And thankyou! Will definitely check out her videos!

MemberMember
(@loveorange10)

Posted : 06/14/2015 1:32 am

I am on BP too! Doesn't seem to help me at all :/ never tried AHA tho. Might give it a try.

And thankyou! Will definitely check out her videos!

Just make sure you are using the BP exactly like it says in the Acne.org instructions :) The AHA/Glycolic is really great and something my esthetician loves and recomends for acne. I've had her check out the ingredients and everything so I know it's good. One thing is it doesn't wear well under makeup. Like when you blend your foundation on your face and you have the glycolic on, it'll clump up and it's super annoying so I only put the glycolic on at night. The next morning my breakouts are always significantly reduced in size and in a few days they're practically gone :)

MemberMember
(@candy1180)

Posted : 06/14/2015 4:39 am

I don't have salicylic acid as such but I use it in a form of facewash and moisturizer that I recently baught. Works great! My skin is really oil it kinda keeps oil in control too.

What products are you using? The ones from acne.org?

MemberMember
(@loveorange10)

Posted : 06/21/2015 11:45 pm

I don't have salicylic acid as such but I use it in a form of facewash and moisturizer that I recently baught. Works great! My skin is really oil it kinda keeps oil in control too.

Yes, I am using the products from acne.org. The face wash, benzoyl peroxide, moisturizer (although I'm experimenting w/ others), and the glycolic acid. The current moisturizer I am experimenting with in place of the acne.org moisturizer is the Simple replenishing rich moisturizer. Also, what I do w/ the glycolic acid lotion is I mix half-and-half with my moisturizer at night & also add the Acne.org jojoba oil. In my opinion, glycolic acid is much better than salicylic acid.

Yes, I am using the products from acne.org. The face wash, benzoyl peroxide, moisturizer (although I'm experimenting w/ others), and the glycolic acid. The current moisturizer I am experimenting with in place of the acne.org moisturizer is the Simple replenishing rich moisturizer. Also, what I do w/ the glycolic acid lotion is I mix half-and-half with my moisturizer at night & also add the Acne.org jojoba oil. In my opinion, glycolic acid is much better than salicylic acid.

Oh, to add on to this, the BP & Glycolic Acid used together is a great combo!!!! Each of them on their own is good, but when used together, I find that it gets rid of my pimples faster.