Notifications
Clear all

Opinions On Skin (With Pics)

MemberMember
(@caseylou1)

Posted : 06/02/2015 4:46 pm

What do you guys think I should do?

post-471541-0-21421200-1433281603_thumb.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/02/2015 6:49 pm

List what you've tried topical, supplement, medication, supplement and diet wise. Does your acne worsen according to your cycle? Is your skin sensitive?

MemberMember
(@caseylou1)

Posted : 06/03/2015 12:45 am

List what you've tried topical, supplement, medication, supplement and diet wise. Does your acne worsen according to your cycle? Is your skin sensitive?

Tried topicals: differin, retin a, baking soda, benzoyl peroxide, every drug store product. Clindamycin phosphate.

Supplements: zinc,fishoil,prime rose, vitamin D, b12.

Meds: spiro& doxy(2 dermo refuses accutane and birth control).

Diet: a lot of meat thanks to my parents. TONS of water (yes I excerise ) veggies and controlled fruit (afraid of the all the sugar) I will admit I drink a bit a coffee. No sodas what so ever or junk food. I personally don't like the taste.

yes my skin is worst a week before that time of the month. But dermo thinks it's not bad enough for birth control.

Currently trying out Dans aha(2 months now) and using his gentle cleanser. My skin is sentive and quite stubborn. I try to get 10-20 mins of sun 3 times a week at least. Only recently started that.

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 06/03/2015 1:29 am

Try this regimen

Use Dans regimen

1 week

AM: dan's cleanser, 2 pea size of dan's moisturizer and a good sunscreen.

Tips: U can find a good sunscreen at amazon.com "Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45 PA+++

sunscreen" $9 in a pink tube.

This is the greatest sunscreen ever!

PM: Use Simple wipes to remove makeup they're super gentle.

Dan's cleanser (1pump), dan's bp pea size only that's all u need!

Dan's moisturizer (1 pump)

ON SECOND WEEK: Increase bp 2 pea size only at night. I advice to only use the bp once a day. I find that if i follow Dan's dosage my skin gets red, raw and unhealthy looking. Listen to your skin and what it's telling you. But i learned that anything too much, it's bad. So when Dan says start slowly...let me rephrase that...START SUPER SUPER SLOWLY!

Goodluck and yes drink plenty of water and avoid peanuts and milk.

MemberMember
(@caseylou1)

Posted : 06/03/2015 2:20 pm

Try this regimen

Use Dans regimen

1 week

AM: dan's cleanser, 2 pea size of dan's moisturizer and a good sunscreen.

Tips: U can find a good sunscreen at amazon.com "Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45 PA+++

sunscreen" $9 in a pink tube.

This is the greatest sunscreen ever!

PM: Use Simple wipes to remove makeup they're super gentle.

Dan's cleanser (1pump), dan's bp pea size only that's all u need!

Dan's moisturizer (1 pump)

ON SECOND WEEK: Increase bp 2 pea size only at night. I advice to only use the bp once a day. I find that if i follow Dan's dosage my skin gets red, raw and unhealthy looking. Listen to your skin and what it's telling you. But i learned that anything too much, it's bad. So when Dan says start slowly...let me rephrase that...START SUPER SUPER SLOWLY!

Goodluck and yes drink plenty of water and avoid peanuts and milk.

Thank you!! I will for sure check out the sunscreen as Im in desperate need of some that wont break me out. Have a good day :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/03/2015 7:30 pm

There is a strong possibility that there is a hormonal aspect to it if your cycle affects it. How long were you on spiro? If you really want to try bc, ask your primary dr and I would not suggest accutane if your acne is hormonal. Have you ever thought of seeing a naturopathic dr?