Notifications
Clear all

Gluten-Free Vegan Diet (No Dairy) Is An Anti-Inflammatory Diet

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/02/2015 6:19 am

This diet has been found to help antiinflamatory conditions like arthritis.

It should also help acne. Has anyone tried it for at least a couple of months?

MemberMember
(@ludo)

Posted : 06/02/2015 7:22 am

I've been a vegan for a while, and at one point cut gluten from my diet too but eventually ended up adding it back in. Being vegan definitely helped my acne but cutting out gluten didn't really do anything. I think having some gluten in your diet should be fine as long as it's not too much, and as long as you are not gluten sensitive. That's just me though.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/03/2015 10:05 am

Thanks for the reply.

It's a very restrictive diet leaving one without outside-the-house options, but it's doable.

Anyone else?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/04/2015 7:01 pm

I've been a vegan for a while, and at one point cut gluten from my diet too but eventually ended up adding it back in. Being vegan definitely helped my acne but cutting out gluten didn't really do anything. I think having some gluten in your diet should be fine as long as it's not too much, and as long as you are not gluten sensitive. That's just me though.

Define "definitely", like what differences did you notice in terms of oiliness, amount and type of breakouts and any other changes

MemberMember
(@ludo)

Posted : 06/05/2015 3:55 pm

Define "definitely", like what differences did you notice in terms of oiliness, amount and type of breakouts and any other changes

It cleared up ALL my cystic acne, now I only get some papules.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/06/2015 11:30 pm

Thats amazing!

The sacrifices that come with the diet then are totally worth it.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/09/2015 10:42 am

It cleared up ALL my cystic acne, now I only get some papules.

Was it easy for you to feel full? When I'm eating vegan I don't get the same level of satiety from food even if the quantity is large. It's really annoying to feel hungry after 2 bowls of soup

MemberMember
(@ludo)

Posted : 06/09/2015 7:47 pm

Was it easy for you to feel full? When I'm eating vegan I don't get the same level of satiety from food even if the quantity is large. It's really annoying to feel hungry after 2 bowls of soup

I felt that way at first. Try incorporating more fibrous foods into your diet like beans, brown rice, lentils, and whole grains(if you don't mind the gluten). Making sure you get protein is important too. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@veganscott)

Posted : 07/20/2015 9:04 pm

My acne slightly improved 5 years ago when I became vegan and started eating low-glycemic foods. I went gluten free 3 years ago and it became pretty much non-existent. I eat get the Sofrita bowl at Chiptole when one is around, but my diet is usually limited to salads when I go out.

I second eating a diet high in fiberous foods. I buy dried beans and brown or parboiled rice in bulk and find my pressure cooker indispensable.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/21/2015 7:04 am

One diet does not work for everyone. You have to figure out what's best for your body by eliminating certain groups of foods & noticing how your body reacts.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 07/31/2015 6:48 pm

Yes, low GI diets are proven by many studies to reduce acne. Studies on diary have the same results. I don't know if meat is bad or not, even if it's grass-fed and organic, but once one starts eliminating high GI foods, processed foods and animal products in general the skin seems to clear up instantly.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 07/31/2015 7:06 pm

One diet does not work for everyone. You have to figure out what's best for your body by eliminating certain groups of foods & noticing how your body reacts.

It'll take a long time to find out which foods cause acne by elimination and then waiting 2-3 months to notice results or lack thereof and be certain that no other factors are playing a role in the formation of acne. It can turn into not only a very long process, but also unsuccessful and frustrating one.

That's why it is better to just get on the healthiest diet possible.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/01/2015 7:27 am

I'm glad you're finding something that works for you. Keep in mind though that having accutane in your system may skewer the results in terms of determining what is and has kept you clear. I agree that a low GL diet can help some peoples acne. In regards to a vegan diet being the best diet for acne (not sure if someone made that broad statement), there is no such thing. As someone with prediabetes, a diet rich in carbs would hurt my blood sugar levels. With that said, eating tons of meat may not be that great either.

It's good that you're exploring.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 08/01/2015 9:36 am

I'm glad you're finding something that works for you. Keep in mind though that having accutane in your system may skewer the results in terms of determining what is and has kept you clear. I agree that a low GL diet can help some peoples acne. In regards to a vegan diet being the best diet for acne (not sure if someone made that broad statement), there is no such thing. As someone with prediabetes, a diet rich in carbs would hurt my blood sugar levels. With that said, eating tons of meat may not be that great either.

It's good that you're exploring.

Well, the thing is that I stopped exploring, because I did that for years to no avail. The link between nutrition and acne is a science and if one is able to follow the rules the results will follow.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/01/2015 11:20 am

I agree regarding the link between nutrition and acne but for many it's not as simple as following X diet and getting Y results. To simplify healing acne as a formula is misleading. This is especially true if there are other issues going on such as leaky gut, candida, chronic stress, etc. With that said, the RIGHT diet can definitely put one on the right track.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 08/01/2015 4:17 pm

I agree regarding the link between nutrition and acne but for many it's not as simple as following X diet and getting Y results. To simplify healing acne as a formula is misleading. This is especially true if there are other issues going on such as leaky gut, candida, chronic stress, etc. With that said, the RIGHT diet can definitely put one on the right track.

Oh, I am just simply saying that the following food groups have been proven to cause acne:

-diary

-high GI

It's common sense not to eat:

-Fast food

-Processed food

- sweets

It's always nice but not necessary to:

- eat organic (no pesticides)

-eat fresh produce (not canned)

-drink 8 cups of water

It's really smart to:

-eat antiinflamatory diet

-nutrition to be considered over taste

-avoid added sugars and salt

Once meat is substituted for beans/rice/gluten-free grains and legumes for protein the variety of minerals and vitamins increases.

In conclusion, a vegan, at least 50% raw, gluten-free, low GI diet cures acne.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/02/2015 6:44 am

No, it doesn't necessarily take too long to do elimination diets, especially with the help of allergy/ intolerance tests & blood histamine tests. Otherwise, it's guesswork.