Notifications
Clear all

Washing Face Before And After Workout?

MemberMember
(@eurydique)

Posted : 05/26/2015 10:58 am

Hi everyone! I'm fighting annoying adult acne and I was wondering how often I should wash my face when I do sports. I often read that you should clean your face before and after physical activity, but on the other hand people say that more than twice a day might harm your skin. So far I have been using face wash both before and after the gym, but now I ordered acne.org regimen and they say you should only use it twice a day. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for your answers!!

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 05/26/2015 12:30 pm

Here's what I do: I usually work out in the morning, so what I do when i wake up is just rinse my face with cool water before working out (i also put a little CC cream to cover), and then when I get back from working out I wash my face. I then wash it again at night. I would agree with not washing your face more than 2 times a day as it can strip your skin of its natural moisture and just cause more breakouts.

This has worked for me, I have not gotten more pimples by doing it this way.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 05/26/2015 1:04 pm

Depending on when you work out, like if you work out in the morning or the evening, you could time your Regimen and face-washing for after you work out. I agree with the above poster that washing your face more than twice a day can cause excess dryness and lead to irritation breakouts.

MemberMember
(@99acneproblems)

Posted : 05/27/2015 8:32 pm

careful not to wash your face with non organics when your pores are open. Try to also air dry your face after washing. Hope that helps !

MemberMember
(@eurydique)

Posted : 05/28/2015 9:14 am

Thanks a lot for your replies guys!