Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Right, I just got home from coaching at some primary school.

When the kids were getting changed into their kit, one inquisitive little dude comes up to me and says "why have you got a spot on your cheek?".

I just said "Dunno, wish I knew". Then a little girl told the other kid "they're chicken spots".

Little gits biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That comment would've killed me a few months back, but now I know that my skin's getting much much better it doesn't bother me so much. Plus it was an innocent question and not a verbal attack.

I'm just glad he asked why I had aspot (implying I had just one). He must have missed the others biggrin.gif

Damn kids eusa_wall.gif

tell me about it, now imagine your that child's mother! i have a 4 and a 6 year old and some time they say the darndest things in complete innocence but it can be somewhat embarassing, esp when it is directed towards people that have no kids.

they have an uncle that is black on their dad's side, his siter's wife and one time at a sporting event my older one said really loud (she was about 3-4) look mom that big man is black like my uncle, it's okay to be black, huh mom? it seemed as if everyone who was black in those few rows turned to see my daughter and i and i just casually replied yes honey, people come in all different colors and it's okay to be any one of them...another time in the grocery store she asked me why the man in front of us had black teeth! i could go on and on, but remember it is just innocence, they mean no harm at all. lol.gif

yes he heard her! that's the embarassing part. they are older now so they've learned a lot. they don't ask big girls anymore when the baby is coming. my sister recently had her second baby so for awhile there they thought anyone who had a little belly was expecting lol.gif

Hmm...working in a shop I do get it quite bad. A number of kids used to ask and it would be very embarrising, however I have found a number of ways about getting around it.

If the kid looks trouble and as if they're gonna ask then I usually find something to do and keep away from the till so I don't have to serve them.

If the kid looks ok and when I get to the till they look like they're about to ask the question then I usually try to make conversation with them like when are they back in school or something about football or rugby or what they're having for christmas etc.

Yeah, kids could be pretty curious. They want to know everything. I had the same problem. I had to tell one of them that It was a secret. I couldn't bare myself to tell him I had acne. He wouldn't understand. But, don't sweat it. Kids want to know everything.

It sure is an awkward situation. It's harder to admit that it's acne than to make up some lame reason. eusa_eh.gif

Oh well, one day I won't have to worry about those pesky kids and their "uncomfortable" questions eusa_dance.gif

Cheers for your comments everyone biggrin.gif

and one time at a sporting event my older one said really loud (she was about 3-4) look mom that big man is black like my uncle, it's okay to be black, huh mom? it seemed as if everyone who was black in those few rows turned to see my daughter and i and i just casually replied yes honey, people come in all different colors and it's okay to be any one of them

Hmm...working in a shop I do get it quite bad. A number of kids used to ask and it would be very embarrising, however I have found a number of ways about getting around it.

If the kid looks trouble and as if they're gonna ask then I usually find something to do and keep away from the till so I don't have to serve them.

If the kid looks ok and when I get to the till they look like they're about to ask the question then I usually try to make conversation with them like when are they back in school or something about football or rugby or what they're having for christmas etc.

and i just casually replied yes honey, people come in all different colors and it's okay to be any one of them...another time in the grocery store she asked me why the man in front of us had black teeth! i could go on and on, but remember it is just innocence, they mean no harm at all.  lol.gif