Adult Female Jawlin...

Notifications
Clear all

Adult Female Jawline Acne

MemberMember
(@muffinbunny)

Posted : 05/25/2015 10:35 am

Hiii all

I've had acne since age 9, I'm now 30 and still have it and have been on every prescription topical going, antibiotics, dianette, yasmin & roaccutane.

I'm currently on yasmin, zindaclin and differin which is keeping my face, back & chest fairly clear, but can't seem to clear up these painful cysts just under my jaw & behind ears, any tips?

Also I'm totally stuck on either yasmin or dianette until I reach menopause, I just can't come off because I can't handle how bad my skin gets, don't really like being stuck on these fake hormones permanently but don't know what else to do! Really was hoping I was going to grow out of acne but doesn't appear to be going that way

Just having a winge I guess! Hehe

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend xx

post-198290-0-33824600-1432567459_thumb.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 05/26/2015 1:41 am

I had bacteria in my nostrils that was causing acne primarily around my nose and chin. If you acne is mostly on your jaw and behind your ears, have you considered that your acne-causing bacteria is living in your ears?

Do you wash your ears with soap when you shower? Also, rub the zindaclin in and around your ears and see if that helps :)

MemberMember
(@makethatchange)

Posted : 05/26/2015 4:36 pm

I had this problem for around 2 years but it cleared up a year ago. Hmmm I'm not sure why exactly...None of my usual stuff seemed to work on that area so I started using BHA from paula's choice on one side just to test it out and I think I stopped touching and looking at that area on both sides. Then it slowly cleared up. I just stopped caring and one day I realized it has cleared up. I still get an occasional pimple under my jawline but I don't worry about it because I had it so much worse lol...I couldn't even count all the pimples back then. There were so many.