Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Thin, Shiny Skin 🙁

MemberMember
(@diacona)

Posted : 05/22/2015 9:22 pm

Hi everyone. So I finished Accutane over 2.5 months ago and since then the skin on the back of my hands have been VERY thin. I moisturize but they still feel dry? The skin itself isn't dry, but it feels as if it is, even when my hands are smooth with moisturizer on. And I'm especially worried because I have been getting very small shiny looking patches of skin. The skin has a different color, but it is most definitely not white. It's more like a lighter tan? I'm really worried about this and praying and hoping it isn't anything bad. Please help! Thanks.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/22/2015 10:47 pm

Hmm- it sounds like eczema. This happens on accutane a lot, but I wouldn't expect you to see if after accutane. Try putting some hydrocortisone cream on it. If that doesn't work, your derm can prescribe you a stronger steroid cream that will probably clear it up.

MemberMember
(@diacona)

Posted : 05/22/2015 10:54 pm

Hmm- it sounds like eczema. This happens on accutane a lot, but I wouldn't expect you to see if after accutane. Try putting some hydrocortisone cream on it. If that doesn't work, your derm can prescribe you a stronger steroid cream that will probably clear it up.

it can still be eczema if the skin itself isn't dry? my hands don't have dry patches it is more like small areas of shiny skin