Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi ladies! Everyone here seems to know WAY more than me about this stuff, so I figured I'd ask the experts biggrin.gif

Well, I am on Dan's regimen and clear of active acne eusa_pray.gif I have some red marks I'd like to conceal (they don't make one look especially professional when you're at work eusa_shifty.gif ) So I use very light mineral make-up and a bit of spot concealer. But I'm trying to wean off of make-up altogether. Maybe someday eusa_pray.gif

Anyway, my question is this: How can I control this awful shine I've got going on?? I DON'T want to use more make-up. So, please do not suggest pressed powders and such. I just don't want to risk breaking out after all my hard work getting clear. sad.gif

I blot and blot all day long with tissues, but that only lasts for a little bit, and there goes my face looking shiney again!! eusa_doh.gif

Is there any way to eliminate shine without using extra make-up products? any solutions? confused.gif

Thanks in advance!!

Have you ever tried Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing sheets instead of tissues? They get a lot of oil off and don't smear your makeup.

OK! i'm convinced!! lol I was reading through the customer reviews, and I'm sold. What I was afraid of was leaving a film, or powdery residue on my face. But according to what other users say, it leaves nothing behind. smile.gif Picking some up on the way home! eusa_dance.gif

thanks again Jen xoxo

No these will not clog your pores. The mineral oil is part of the compound, what keeps the cloth together... it doesn't leave anything on your skin. These work SOOOOOo well on shiney faces, they are amazing. I've been using them for a few years now.

Yep, I use the Clean & Clear sheets too and they work great. Maybe try to cut down on the amount of foundation you use. I tend to notice that mineral makeup makes a person's complexion look rather shiny especially if its oily. A few people have already told me that since I started using it. And I know you don't like powder but Jane Iredale makes a great pressed one (use the pressed formula not loose since you are especially oily). When applied with a big fluffy brush it controls oil, sets makeup, and provides fairly decent coverage for a powder. If your skintone is fairly even and all you have is red marks, you may even want to skip foundation altogether and just use concealer and powder. Trust me, this powder has pretty good coverage and it WON'T clog pores. smile.gif Its dermatologist recommended and sold in a lot of offices and spas. A little pricey, but totally worth it.

No these will not clog your pores.  The mineral oil is part of the compound, what keeps the cloth together... it doesn't leave anything on your skin.  These work SOOOOOo well on shiney faces, they are amazing.  I've been using them for a few years now.

OK!  i'm convinced!! lol  I was reading through the customer reviews, and I'm sold. What I was afraid of was leaving a film, or powdery residue on my face.  But according to what other users say, it leaves nothing behind.  smile.gif Picking some up on the way home!  eusa_dance.gif

thanks again Jen xoxo

OMG!! shock.gif Okay, i got the Clean & Clear sheets, and i just tried it....my make-up looks like totally FRESH! like i just put it on!!! noooooo shine whatsoever!!! *does happy dance all over the place* I wish I had discovered these sooner!! eusa_dance.gif *faints from excitement* man, after i blotted my face with it, the sheet became completely transparent eusa_shifty.gif LOL

but i'm serious, my make-up looks like i just applied it, so matte and....whooooohooo! eusa_clap.gif

I hope long-term, they work out okay. Hopefully no breakouts or anything please! eusa_pray.gif

K-La, i will surely look into the Jane Iredale powder! I'm currently using Aromaleigh, i like it only because it's the only make-up that doesn't break me out at all. But it is a bit cakey, and it makes me look oily like it's going out of style sad.gif

Thanks all!! for the awesome feedback! wub.gif

anything with alchohol is bad for your skin. Best solution is to buy some of those brown napkins with no additives and wipe your face with them once in a while.

No these will not clog your pores.  The mineral oil is part of the compound, what keeps the cloth together... it doesn't leave anything on your skin.  These work SOOOOOo well on shiney faces, they are amazing.  I've been using them for a few years now.

Hi Teplo,

I just checked out your photo gallery, and I have the same type of scars that u had! Youre face looks pretty clean now, can u tell me what you used to treat ure scars?

Thanks

Hi Teplo,

I just checked out your photo gallery, and I have the same type of scars that u had! Youre face looks pretty clean now, can u tell me what you used to treat ure scars?

Thanks

And I know you don't like powder but Jane Iredale makes a great pressed one (use the pressed formula not loose since you are especially oily). When applied with a big fluffy brush it controls oil, sets makeup, and provides fairly decent coverage for a powder

OMG!! I have the PERFECT solution for you!! If you are oily and want to control your shine you need to find your local Mary Kay Consultant! We have a product called Oil Mattifier...if you try it - it (and I eusa_angel.gif ) will become your BEST FRIEND, I guarantee it or your money back! Great acne treatment gel as well!

If you do not know a Mary Kay Consultant to get in touch with - I would be happy to take care of you & I offer Free shipping too! Check out my web page... www.marykay.com/SEndris

We have a large assortment of products of all kinds - all products come with 100% guarantee!

Shari Endris

Senior Mary Kay Consultant

www.marykay.com/SEndris

SENDRIS MARY KAY!

You are not supposed to come on the site to sell stuff. This is a NON-PROFIT, NOTHING TO SELL ON THE SITE. And I already have a best friend. I'll the the moderators know about you... bye bye MARY KAY!

hi! u might wanna try clinique's pore refining instant perfector. i recently got a sample of this from the counter and i only need to touch up once. i have really oily skin too. confused.gif

Like you, I also have super oily skin. But for the last week and a half I've been taking 3 capsules a day of Fish Oil and my skin is no longer oily! The Omega-3's in Fish Oil basically tell your sebaceous gland that you have enough oil, and therefore produce less. The Fish Oil along with a non-harsh oil-free cleanser, Salicylic acid treatment, and an oil-free moisturizer is what I've been doing for my skin. Buy a bottle and if you don't see your skin getting less oily in a week or two (3 capsules a day), then discontinnue. But really, it's changed my skin!!! I want to tell everyone about it.

I think its all about your moisturizer.

I liked how my makeup wore when I used Clean and Clear oil free moisturizer.

Also I used the C&C blotting sheets these work really well to touch up.

My skin is oily if I don't have enough moisturizer too!

Keep the skin moisture (not oil base) enough might help controling the oil.

I am so sorry - I did not know I would offend anyone - I was only trying to help! redface.gif You were talking about other products - I just thought I would offer you one you may not have heard of. You simply did not have to be so RUDE! I was only trying to help.... eusa_wall.gif