Notifications
Clear all

Did A Test/ Histamine Intolerance

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/20/2015 10:03 pm

So I have not been on acne.org as much as I used to here latley mainly because of a hectic schedule and diet routine. It seems that up until the last week I was completley cyst free for a good 4 months which felt quite good for a change. Although I still had spots here and there they were not cysts and helaed quick. I decedied to try and give my diet and everything a break for a couple days which resulted quite badly I must say. The MOST important factor that is back is that I developed a cyst in my groin region, this has not happened in years and really scared me. If you can name it I was eating it, so I can't really pinpoint what actually caused all this. I also got deep rooted cysts on the left side of my neck below the jaw. The only other change in my life would be the introduction of probiotics, digestive enzymes, apple cider vinegar, and tumeric. The good part of all that is happening now is that I can now say with a 100% certainty that something I ingest causes me to develop cysts in different areas of the body, we are not necessarily talking acne here. I have never had acne, just cystic activity after heavy dosages of sugar, wheat and dairy. I now have stumbled across what could be causing my problems, histamine intolerance. I'm not sure but it seems the foods that are highest in histamine really aggravate my skin (also have sebborehic dermatitis). I have seen some other accounts of histamine causing skin issues on acne.org and even thought it could be a a trigger but just didn't make a connection at the time. I will be on a low histamine diet as well as mainting the diet that I already follow to see what results I can achieve. Just here to inform and check with other new members that might be able to correlate the same type of response in themselves.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/21/2015 11:08 am

*MOD EDIT* - Topic moved to Diet and Holistic health forum

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 05/23/2015 10:32 pm

Hi

I noticed something similar. I breakout from most probiotic supplements(except homemade yogurt), and apple cider vinegar. I think you are on track about the histamines.

I know I can stay clear if I avoid them, but I want to improve my histamine intolerance as many of the things we are avoiding are so good for you.

I hope there is a solution.

Sucheta

So I have not been on acne.org as much as I used to here latley mainly because of a hectic schedule and diet routine. It seems that up until the last week I was completley cyst free for a good 4 months which felt quite good for a change. Although I still had spots here and there they were not cysts and helaed quick. I decedied to try and give my diet and everything a break for a couple days which resulted quite badly I must say. The MOST important factor that is back is that I developed a cyst in my groin region, this has not happened in years and really scared me. If you can name it I was eating it, so I can't really pinpoint what actually caused all this. I also got deep rooted cysts on the left side of my neck below the jaw. The only other change in my life would be the introduction of probiotics, digestive enzymes, apple cider vinegar, and tumeric. The good part of all that is happening now is that I can now say with a 100% certainty that something I ingest causes me to develop cysts in different areas of the body, we are not necessarily talking acne here. I have never had acne, just cystic activity after heavy dosages of sugar, wheat and dairy. I now have stumbled across what could be causing my problems, histamine intolerance. I'm not sure but it seems the foods that are highest in histamine really aggravate my skin (also have sebborehic dermatitis). I have seen some other accounts of histamine causing skin issues on acne.org and even thought it could be a a trigger but just didn't make a connection at the time. I will be on a low histamine diet as well as mainting the diet that I already follow to see what results I can achieve. Just here to inform and check with other new members that might be able to correlate the same type of response in themselves.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/23/2015 11:28 pm

Probiotics seem to be fine for me although I did start taking some about a week prior to my diet experiment. Right now I am focusing on pyroluria as the cause. I have almost every symptom on the list. Symptoms like crowded upper teeth in childhood, anxiety, depression, fatigue, brain fog, food intolerances, allergies, being a social loner and of course acne, I can name many many more. It causes a defiency in zinc a b6. Zinc supports skin health among over hundreds of other processes and b6 supports brain health. My two main problems in life have been my skin eruptions and mental health conditions such as the anxiety. There is a urine test that I can do that tests what combines to the zinc and b6 which I plan to order soon. I am also getting a hair analysis test done to see where all my ranges are and if I have defiencies or heavy metal overloads, it also tells you what type of metabolism you have. There could also me issues with under methalaytion. We shall see, I'm getting too the root of this over 8 years going from thinking washing my face could help my spots to me possibly having a genetic mutation that doesn't release the enzyme needed for vital function causing acne way way way down the road of processes. Shits crazy.

sustakp liked
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/31/2015 9:04 am

Histamine issues are so underrated - I'm glad more people are becoming aware of the role of histamines in inflammation and skin issues....the triggers encompass all other reasons for acne: hormones, intolerances/ allergies, environmental sensitivities...so, a low histamine lifestyle (diet +cosmetics + environmental stressors) is a good starting point for anyone.

Probiotics are not all bad, but should generally be avoided during the initial stages of a low histamine diet. The safest ones I found were acidophilus supplements (Solgar) and PB8 vegetarian probiotics. But really, once you fix your diet, you shouldn't need probiotics that much anyway.

MemberMember
(@lewis0121)

Posted : 06/01/2015 10:13 am

Don't normally comment on these forums but I have been doing a lot of research on this topic myself in the last few weeks so thought I would contribute.

advice I can give in terms of improving the DAO enzyme (the enzyme responsible for breaking down histamine) would be to take a b6 supplement, zinc,

vitamin C (I personally don't as I am allergic to vitamin c in high quantity's) copper and turmeric which has a direct impact on inflammation and so masks the damage caused by histamine - helps the symptoms, not the underlining issue.

I also do not recommend anti histamines in any form (for example quercetin and bromelain) as this is simply masking the condition where as increasing your DAO is potentially a cure.

Lastly, apart from a low histamine diet and allergy testing, i would also advice anyone who is desperate to get histamine under control to do research on 'DAOSIN' this product can boost your DAO significantly - it is a lazy mans 'cure' in my opinion, as diet should work alone, but necessary for some, for example if your natural DAO is chemically blocked. Which is possible.

Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/02/2015 5:16 am

Don't normally comment on these forums but I have been doing a lot of research on this topic myself in the last few weeks so thought I would contribute.

advice I can give in terms of improving the DAO enzyme (the enzyme responsible for breaking down histamine) would be to take a b6 supplement, zinc,

vitamin C (I personally don't as I am allergic to vitamin c in high quantity's) copper and turmeric which has a direct impact on inflammation and so masks the damage caused by histamine - helps the symptoms, not the underlining issue.

I also do not recommend anti histamines in any form (for example quercetin and bromelain) as this is simply masking the condition where as increasing your DAO is potentially a cure.

Lastly, apart from a low histamine diet and allergy testing, i would also advice anyone who is desperate to get histamine under control to do research on 'DAOSIN' this product can boost your DAO significantly - it is a lazy mans 'cure' in my opinion, as diet should work alone, but necessary for some, for example if your natural DAO is chemically blocked. Which is possible.

Hope this helps

I take SOD supplements, which seem to help me minimize reactions.

I ordered a sample of DAOSIN to see if it works. I don't see the full ingredients on their site though.

If there is a DAO/ SOD deficiency, then supplements can "cure" it...but if the issue is genetic, then I'm not sure what the solution would be...

MemberMember
(@lewis0121)

Posted : 06/02/2015 3:25 pm

Let me know how the DAOSIN works for you, but be cautious if you have issues with pork.

Personally I have a leaky gut or some kind of gut issue - which i'm yet to determine - so I produce a lot more histamine than a normal person, rather than my DAO enzyme being underactive (not that I've had it checked, although tests are unpredictable and next to worthless apparently).

I guess all these supplements are just masking the symptoms thinking about it, as the effects are almost never permanent, when I say 'cure' I mean to the point where you have absolute normal skin and your body functions completely normally so long as you continue with the treatment and you can focus on getting to the root cause without the continuous emotional scaring accompanied with skin problems and your life can continue as normal and i disagree with anti histamines as i would not class these as a 'cure' because as far as a normal body is concerned, histamine is not blocked (histamine is important that's why we have it) and personally for me this causes symptoms such as brain fog and with others drowsiness etc .

its probably worth mentioning a small amount of peoples body's simply reject DAOSIN and so it will have no effect or a placebo effect and of course its rather expensive just for that (works out about 75p a day where I purchase).

MemberMember
(@pinkberry)

Posted : 06/02/2015 3:55 pm

Just curious... what is a low histamine diet? What foods are recommended and what foods should be avoided? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/03/2015 1:41 pm

Let me know how the DAOSIN works for you, but be cautious if you have issues with pork.

Personally I have a leaky gut or some kind of gut issue - which i'm yet to determine - so I produce a lot more histamine than a normal person, rather than my DAO enzyme being underactive (not that I've had it checked, although tests are unpredictable and next to worthless apparently).

I guess all these supplements are just masking the symptoms thinking about it, as the effects are almost never permanent, when I say 'cure' I mean to the point where you have absolute normal skin and your body functions completely normally so long as you continue with the treatment and you can focus on getting to the root cause without the continuous emotional scaring accompanied with skin problems and your life can continue as normal and i disagree with anti histamines as i would not class these as a 'cure' because as far as a normal body is concerned, histamine is not blocked (histamine is important that's why we have it) and personally for me this causes symptoms such as brain fog and with others drowsiness etc .

its probably worth mentioning a small amount of peoples body's simply reject DAOSIN and so it will have no effect or a placebo effect and of course its rather expensive just for that (works out about 75p a day where I purchase).

DAOSIN has pork in the capsule? Ohh, I might stick with SOD supplements then...those seem to be the safest, and they help process histamine more efficiently. Histamine blockers/ anti-histamines are definitely NOT the way to go because, as you say, the point is to reduce & effectively process histamines, not completely reduce them. Anti-histamines suppress the natural release of histamines, so one would have to be on them indefinitely otherwise once they are stopped, the body starts releasing all those suppressed histamines.

There is hope with a consistent low histamine lifestyle...I now find it easier to minimize reactions and I seem to have become more tolerant of some foods & products. For women, though, it can also depend on the time of the month, estrogen levels, etc.

Just curious... what is a low histamine diet? What foods are recommended and what foods should be avoided? Thanks.

Check out the low histamine chef online for tips, and if you are looking for a practical grocery list to start with, check out my thread, linked in my signature.

MemberMember
(@alphaandomega87)

Posted : 01/07/2017 6:45 am

On 6/1/2015 at 10:13 AM, lewis0121 said:

Hope this helps

great advice. As someone who belives that my acne is affected from H.I. i was considering taking bromelain but increasing my DOA sounds like the smarter route. Maybe both?