Notifications
Clear all

[Pic Incld] Is This A Cyst On My Nose Or What?

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 05/20/2015 7:57 pm

Hello, I've had this thing on my nose for well over 2-3 months now and it's really starting to bother me. I don't know if it's a cyst or something else but I really want it gone, AHA, BP has done nothing and the area did scab off at one point but it still remained with nothing changed.

post-384907-0-86390200-1432169840.jpg

post-384907-0-50998300-1432169848.jpg

MemberMember
(@cc1990)

Posted : 05/23/2015 3:19 am

To me, it looks like an incoming zit. I bet in a day or two the white head will be prime and ready to go lol. The nose is tough though because the skin is so tight and the angle of our nose is awkward, which makes the redness and the bump of the zit more obvious. DO NOT TRY TO POP IT! Let it go away on its own :)

I just saw that you had on it your skin for 3-4 months. Hmmm I'd see a derm and they can take care of that in one visit with a cortisone shot

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 05/23/2015 5:10 am

To me, it looks like an incoming zit. I bet in a day or two the white head will be prime and ready to go lol. The nose is tough though because the skin is so tight and the angle of our nose is awkward, which makes the redness and the bump of the zit more obvious. DO NOT TRY TO POP IT! Let it go away on its own :)

I just saw that you had on it your skin for 3-4 months. Hmmm I'd see a derm and they can take care of that in one visit with a cortisone shot

Well at least somebody helped. Anyhow it was bleeding today because I accidentally bumped some of the dead skin and it was bleeding a bit so I took the chance to squeeze the blood out and I did, I know that was probably bad to do but the bump is bad enough so what's to lose? I don't know if I'm able to go to a dermatologist but I'll ask my mom if she can take me. Thanks for the help

MemberMember
(@cc1990)

Posted : 05/26/2015 2:08 am

I always squeeze mine (when I'm desperate) lol so no worries. How is it looking today???

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 05/26/2015 2:33 am

I think if it has been there for that long , it could be cystic.

My advice too , is for you to have it look at by a dermatologist, but if you have tried to squeeze it before it might have formed scar tissue .

Sometimes when you use an AHA product and you squeeze a pimple the pimple forms some kind of lichen or scar tissue.

If you can't see a dermatologist,then try some calamine lotion, I use the generic target brand , don't forget to shake the bottle, gently rub a little and after that apply like a drop on top , it is kind of watery but when it dries out it will form like a paste to absorb the oil and dry the plug or plugs if it's a cyst.

Take care, and don't squeeze , you take the risk of turning a pimple into a cystic or infected pimple.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 05/26/2015 3:57 am

OK I'll take a picture of it tomorrow morning when we get some good lighting and I'll show you what it's like. Yesterday I had to go somewhere and since I squeezed the bump it turned into a scab and it had dried up blood on the opening on the pimple or the cyst whatever it is and I picked the scab off with my fingernail yesterday because I had to go somewhere and I wasn't going to go out in public with this horrible looking scab dried up blood looking thing on my nose but after picking the scab off I noticed that there was a hole under that dried up blood scab thing and that's all I saw. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow but right now it looks flat but still scabby.